XXI

JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE AND THE FIC IS GONNA END YEESSSS
-----

The next day, the club has started to train for the inter-school tournament. Minju won't lie, she was already a nervous wreck despite the date being a week from now.

Her friends was definitely shocked that Minju joined the Swim Club, a sports related one. But they supported her nonetheless and even went to watch her train afterschool.

The members of the Swim Club was overjoyed that they have guests waiting at the pool, already in their swimsuits. Blue highlights for Yujin, red for Hyewon, green for Chaewon, and white for Minju.

Yuri, Nako, and Hitomi playfully screams Minju's name at the bench. Like how bestfriends try to embarrass you while reporting in class. It worked since Minju is now getting picked on by her members saying how cute it was to have her own little fanbase.

Yena came too, a habit of hers ever since she've known Chaewon. She'd wait for the young brunette Chaewon to finish training and walk home together.

"Ease it up a bit. It's just training." Chaewon reassured Minju, noticing she's been shaking frequently.

Eventually, they started to do their warm-ups, then finally swimming after.  They timed their individual strokes and were surprised that Minju's was short.

"Dang, Minju unnie! Your time was 9.4 seconds! Are you a professional or something?" Yujin showed her the stopwatch to prove the fact.

"Well, I am taught by the best swimmer here." Minju proudly said, four pairs of eyes now staring curiously at her.

"You mean, Chaeyeon-unnie? I don't know of any good swimmers here..." Wonyoung stated and by the mention of the already graduated senior, the other three seemed to look down sadly and Minju could only symphatize. Well, they looked up to Chaeyeon. Her graduating from highschool must've hit the four girls.

She tried to lift up the mood by feeding their curiosity with an answer, "well, it's none other than my dad, Kim Hyungjoo."

"Wait, THE Kim Hyungjoo???" Yujin excitedly jumped up and down from her position. Wonyoung immediately tried to get her to stop or else she'll slip.

Hyewon just raised her eyebrow, indicating that that piqued her interest but just silently sneaked outside of the pool. Probably getting snacks. For her. And only her. Without sharing.

Chaewon, on the other hand, is left in a daze. Minju didn't know why. Did she say something wrong? I mean, she just told everyone that a famous swimmer is her dad. But there was a single twinkle of hope that was evident in her eyes so it might be the opposite.

"Wifey, does your dad know of a Kim Jiwon?" Chaewon asks, Minju had to stay in her thoughts for a while.

There was this glint of hope and desperateness in Chaewon's eyes as she bores a loving stare at it, she wishes that even from that gaze alone, the pink-haired girl knew that she was being loved by none other than, Kim Minju herself.

Minju tried hard to think of the times her dad tells her stories, when he was still not in a wreck, when her mom was still alive. But she pushes that aside for now, not wanting to let Chaewon down.

"Dad, who's this?"

A young Minju holds up a picture frame from his dad's collection of trophies and medals. Many of the frames was a younger version of his dad, smiling gleefully as he holds up a golden medal dangling on his neck.

But in this one frame, a boy was with her dad. Also smiling widely despite having a silver medal, unlike his dad's which was obviously, a golden one.

"Oh my, you found an old treasure of mine," Hyungjoo picks up the young girl in his arms and smiled fondly at the picture frame his daughter was holding, "this boy was my best friend back then. He and I were practically inseparable, until his family moved out of town."

Minju picks up the sadness in his dad's tone despite being young. She knew what losing a friend feels like, and it's definitely not something that is easy to forget about.

"What's his name?" She wanted to know who this precious friend of his dad was, hoping to remember his name to always be grateful to him for making his dad happy in a short span of time.

"Kim Jiwon."

-----
Yeah(gaja 1,2), Jiwon is chaewon's dad if yall slow and still doesnt know who tf is this mf is lol.

Jk. Love yall uwu.

Names are made up. Just so yall know. Sorry for lame chap oof.