XVIII

They go into the locker room where Chaewon clads herself to her swimsuit, dangling her goggles in her neck since all she'll do is float and won't really need her head cap and goggles on.

She bravely stepped into the cold shower, something she's already used to by coming every night despite the temperature. Soaked with freezing water, she dives into the pool, a loud splash disturbed the silence and gave a soft ripple shyly. Chaewon emerged from the water shortly after.

She started to float into the water, moonlight shining on her dazzling face and illuminating the water. At this point, Minju thought that it was a good chance to test what she have learned from her errands.

Chaewon's hearing was blocked by the water flowing in her ears that she didn't notice Minju leaving her alone in the pool, too engrossed by her worries of the club.

What if the club did disband?

She really didn't want to see the members going their separate ways just because they're one member short. They would be pent up with a heavy feeling, thinking that they didn't do enough for students to join them.

But isn't it unfair? Their club has already won various trophies, winning national contests at least once, and their senior got recommended at a school that specializes on sports.

Wouldn't that be enough for the school having a reason to not let them disband tomorrow?

If Minju really did join right now, it would be a miracle Chaewon would like to happen.

A growing hope builds inside Chaewon and wishes to any God, fairy, mythical creature that is listening to her, make this happen.

Emotions overflow her and seeped through her eyes, little crystals forming and trailed a shimmering path down her cheeks, and Chaewon lightly submerged into the water.

She closes her eyes, weeping in the total darkness she sees as all the hope vanished inside her, and the disbandment of the club was definitely going to happen.

Chaewon's feet met the floor, indicating that she was at the end of the 7-feet deep pool and she needed to float up to the surface soon.

But since she still has some air left, she opens her eyes, even though she isn't wearing any gear to protect it.

Chaewon didn't mind the sting piercing her eyes, she just took a second to admire the dazzling view of the pool underwater.

The water crystallizes into dazzling streaks of silver, dancing in a graceful rhythm. Moonlight gets absorbed and strikes it's way to give a light shimmer on Chaewon's pink strands flowing in front of her.

She takes a moment to picture this sight, knowing that maybe, it was her last chance to unravel this scenery.

A single tear comes out from her eye, unnoticed as it quickly became one with the pool water and she proceeds to once again, emerge from the water.

Then, as she lifts herself with an arm on the railings and wipes her eyes with the other, she sees a familiar figure preparing to dive on the end of the pool.

And just like that, Chaewon's heart skips a beat.