VIX

Classes ended and Minju ran to the school's gate, hoping that a certain girl won't catch her.

She was already so close, so close in exiting the campus and it was just half a centimeter away but of course, it wasn't that easy. This is Chaewon we're talking about.

"Wifey!" She called the younger.

Minju halts and sighed. She knew her plan about going home early was nearly impossible. But she was so close. Now she understands what the saying 'So close, yet, so far.' means.

She turns her heel and faces the pink-haired girl. The girl whom she appears to adore so much. It's crazy that she have been this infatuated with her in just a week or shorter. Chaewon just... appears so gorgeous to Minju. She stands out more even when a hundred attractive women towered her and overshadowed her. Even if she got thousands and millions of handsome men drooling over her feet, she would still choose Chaewon over them.

In short, she loves Chaewon.

But... love takes time, right?

And that made Minju in-denial of her feelings towards Chaewon.

"Wifey? Why the troubled face?" The older cutely smiles at the younger, making the latter's heart swoon and could run 300kmph if it was a race car.

As expected, Minju's face flushed a pink hue that made Chaewon giggle in delight. She likes seeing Minju all flustered because of her.

"N-Nothing. Yuri just got a higher mark on me in our quiz. I gotta go. There's an errand I need to do." Minju stumbles on her words and left Chaewon with a heavy heart.

Dang, her plan hurts more than she thought. Minju underestimated it. She keeps on thinking Chaewon's flabbergasted face when she left her and she can't even turn around since her heart was still not ready to see Chaewon's beautifully crafted face.

That feeling of bricks getting slammed into your chest, shattering apart into debris, that feeling of getting impaled by a thousand spears in your heart, that feeling of a piece of your heart shattering. Or rather, a piece of your heart was left behind to be with someone you love.

And it felt empty. Sickeningly hurting your chest area as if you had a heartburn. Minju could feel and hear her heartbeat but it felt empty. She just can't imagine she had done that to Chaewon.

Minju never thought she could get shattered this easily. Yes, she's soft for literally anything living in this planet. And this was the worst feeling she got in her entire life.

It was worse than a drama she watched and couldn't move on for a week. It was worse than seeing her fish die as it floated in the fish tank but,

No other pain could beat the feeling of seeing your own mother's heartbeat on the monitor stop.

Her cancer had gotten the best of her.

She couldn't fight the demon lurking inside her anymore.

She was... too tired.

That was when Minju swore that she will never love someone. Since she witnessed her father at his bottom when he lost her.

Minju doesn't want to end up like that.

She needs to get rid of these feelings before it's too late.