XIX

Minju gathers enough courage and perfectly jumps into the water, kicking her legs like a dolphin when she's completely submerged under the water. Then she pulls back both of her arms and taking it into the surface, the force of it making her head shoot up for her to breath.

She did it repeatedly, reaching the end of the pool with a slight touch of the tile with her fingertips. Chaewon almost choked on the chlorinated water because of shock.

The pink haired girl couldn't believe it, Minju was swimming. The girl who almost had little to no hope in sports was swimming.

Minju flicks her hair up and takes off her headcap and goggles, shaking off the water from her face. (She asked why this was necessary to her dad and said it was cool to do so, and she definitely wanted to impress Chaewon...)

Chaewon recognizes that stroke as Butterfly, the stroke her sunbae, Chaeyeon does. And... and Minju looks so natural doing it. Fluidity and accuracy in her movements made her look like she was made to swim the stroke. How she went from being hopeless in sports to a graceful swimmer reminded Chaewon of a metamorphosis of a caterpillar to a beautiful butterfly.

She swam to Minju as quick as she can and hugged her, her hopes skyrocketing since the club wouldn't be disbanding now that she can swim.

She'll join, right?

The brunette was beet red with Chaewon locking her waist in a gentle hug and her face buried in the crook of her neck. She ponderer wether she should reciprocate the hug or not. (She figured that if she did, she'll be a human anchor and weigh Chaewon down the pool out of embarrassment)

"Ch-Chaewon?" The younger called out, realizing that it's been minutes since Chaewon called her.

The said girl finally lifted her head and Minju saw her red eyes. She didn't know if she cried or it's just because she swam without closing her eyes. It would be probably the former since who the fuck swims without closing your eyes-

"How," a low whimper was heard, "did you learn how to swim?"

"Errands." Minju winked and felt relieved that the older rolled her eyes and smiled a bit. Her smile was faint but it was there, and it made Minju fall in love with her more.

Chaewon pulled away from the hug, Minju feeling a slight tingle from where Chaewon's hands was once there, much like electricity went through her fingertips and into her skin. Minju wished hugging Chaewon was as frequent.

Chaewon smiles in relief, boring a soft gaze to Minju's delicate orbs. And suddenly, the older girl says something that made Minju's heart skip a beat.

"Have I told you that I love you?"

The pink haired girl didn't wait for an answer, letting all of her feelings for the younger girl overflow as she submerges themselves into the water.

And there in the mid-depths of the turqoise and deep water was the two girls kissing with emotion.