XXIII

"You got a good one there, huh." Yena teases the younger girl beside her.

Chaewon takes off her headcap and dangled her goggles in her neck. "Didn't ask, don't care. Plus, you're not Minju." She retorts.

Yena ignores the rude remark, "she's also really pretty," she perks an eyebrow up, looking at the said girl who was in the middle of a lap, "why do you always get the girls drooling for your feet?"

"It's the inside that matters, Yena." The swimmer tries to snap some sense to the older girl. Plus, she has a girlfriend, for Christ's sake.

"Give me an example." Chaewon sighs.

"Refrigerator,"

"...makes sense." As much as Yena didn't want to agree, it is but the truth.

"Alright, girls!" Chaewon's father calls to them. "We'll be timing your relays."

The four enthusiastically cheered and got in order. Chaewon up first, then Hyewon, third is Yujin on the other side, and up last is Minju who is behind Hyewon.

"On the count of three!" Hyungjoo raises an arm while the other is holding a stopwatch. He began counting when all the girls have their caps on and goggled secured in their eyes.

"One," Chaewon bends over the platform and gripping onto the rails underneath.

"Two," she places her left leg back, ready to dive into the water.

"Three!" And there she goes, plunging herself into the water, not forgetting to put her arms forward and let it enter the cold water first.

Underwater, she kicks her legs as fast as she could, having control over it as it won't make too much current to disturb the swimmers next to her. As she slowly floats up the surface, Chaewon stuck her head up, facing left. Her left arm scooping through the water for speed, kicking her legs as well while her right goes in front for balance.

She does this repeatedly, alternating sides but keeps her head underwater at the right side, a steady rhythm fast enough to barely make an interval from her to other swimmers. As she neared the wall from the other side of the 100 meter long pool, Chaewon does a flip underwater, using all of her leg strength to kick the wall and swim back to where she was previously but not enough that it'll tire her from the more kicking she has to do.

Once she had her fingertips collide with the wall, Hyewon launches herself backwards, holding her breath to not get it flow inside her nostrils as she kicked, laying down. She then, floats and starts to circle her arms continually. There, she breathes.

Chaewon looks at Minju's dad, mouthing her time with a grin and squealed happily when she knew what he mouthed.

With nothing to look at except the harsh rays of the sun above, Hyewon can only count seconds in her brain and thought of the usual time she touches the wall. She almost bulged out her eyes inside her goggles when she felt the wall graze her arms a second too early, seeing Yujin soaring up above her, diving into the water a bit too far because of her tall stature.

Yujin waddles her feet and rises from the water, making a circle underneath the water and using the force to lunge her head up to gasp an amount of oxygen. She kicks her feet like a frog, adding up her speed and does this stroke over and over, due to it's simple executions, this stroke is by far the easiest and the reason why Yujin chose this stroke as her own.

She palms the wall in front of her and beams a wide smile, unveiling her dimples as she silently cheers onto Minju, who was a quarter of a second away from being shrouded with cold water. Yujin wasn't alone smiling at the girl fondly, all of them were indeed, grinning from ear-to-ear watching Minju go. As well as her three friends stopping by since it was their break.

Minju thinks back to what her father taught her, kick your feet like a dolphin or a mermaid, whatever you prefer, she quotes from her dad, while underneath the cerulean pool. When you rise, swing back your arms like a madman! Well, not really but you get the point, swing it back, have it have enough force to jab your head back up for oxygen! Minju wants to laugh at remembering his lessons but she was swimming so.

Then when you breath, revolve your arms and smack it back down the water! Keep kicking of course, and just repeat kt until you reach the wall, hehe. Easy, right?

Minju remembers almost throwing hands at her father when she choked in chlorinated water, trying to execute the stroke as perfectly as her dad demonstrated her.

This stroke is undeniably, the hardest out of the four. Minju learning it was a miracle and having her perform it with much beauty and grace from the people around the pool's perspective gives justice to the name of the stroke.

Butterfly.

Minju touches the wall.

-----
NEXT CHAPTER IS THE FINAL ONE !

also, im discontinuing Oops! and Criminal. im sorry but i think i cant finish it before they d word :c. finishing nspls and this already takes a year and a half— idk about the other two since i dont have a solid plot for it lol.

luv u's <3.  stay safe during quarantine!

𝘉𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘭𝘺. ➼ 2𝘬𝘪𝘮.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara