VI

Minju was definitely not going to join the club after all.

Just seeing how busy Chaewon's body looked when she was doing the freestyle stroke just didn't seem quite likeable for Minju.

Yikes. Minju thought again.

"What do you think, wifey?" Chaewon sits down next to Minju after she was done showering. They've just finished their training.

The younger gets her tongue tied as she thinks for a reply. She definitely doesn't want to disappoint Chaewon but she's avoiding these clubs for her own sake as well.

"I guess it's best for you to think about it first." Minju looks at the older, loving how her rose golden hair shimmered under the rays of the sunset. "I'll see you tomorrow then, wifey."

Chaewon smiles sweetly at Minju and the latter smiles back.

Here we go again. Minju thought. Chaewon was giving her this unfamiliar feeling again and she wasn't so sure if she likes it or not.

She doesn't like how her heart was beating so fast when she's around Chaewon but at the same time she loves it. Oh how it gives her a sweet, addicting feeling that rushes throughout her entire being.

It was all too foreign to her that she came to this point that she craves for more but Minju herself isn't aware of it.

Minju just shook her head and stood up, catching up to Chaewon that was near the door.

"Let me go with you on your way home." The older insisted. Minju was about to refuse but Chaewon spoke again. "It's already getting dark, wifey. I'm worried about you.".

Chaewon looks at Minju with those chocolate eyes that you could immediately get entranced by. Worry was evident in those sweet orbs boring into Minju's and was with a hint of hope that the younger can't help but approve.

Minju nods and Chaewon celebrates by herself. "Yes!" She screams like a child with that goofy grin plastered on her face. The brunette just walked past by her and exited the school premises.

"Yah! How dare you leave me, wifey!" Chaewon runs up to her.

"You were taking too long, hubby." Minju smirks at Chaewon who was a little taken aback but regained composure quickly.

"I see, you're taking me on, huh. But oh well, I know that you just can't handle my cuteness."

"Oh please, I'm cuter than you."

"At least I'm cooler than you."

"Then that just means I'm hotter than you."

"Well, I'm bolder than you." Chaewon states as she takes Minju's hand and intertwines it with her own.

Chaewon smiles at the physical contact, loving how their hands perfectly mold into each other like it was made to fit exactly for them. Minju remains speechless as she avoids Chaewon's eyes since she's blushing a whole shade darker than she usually do.

They remained that position until Minju pointed out her apartment just a few meters away and that made Chaewon's heart sink a bit since it's time for the younger to leave.

"We'll part here, I guess." Minju sadly said, not wanting to part her hand with Chaewon's.

A sullen silence was enveloped between them. Not one of them wanting to break it.

"Bye then, wifey." Chaewon smiles.

"See you, hubby." Minju smiles back and turns around to go up the stairs where her apartment is.

Minju unlocks the door with her key and stepped inside the flat. Not really surprised that she was welcomed by her drunken father who was sitting on the sofa with a half empty bottle of whiskey and empty bottles on the coffee table.

The young girl just smiles sadly at her father.

"Dad, don't you think it's time to move on from Mom?" Minju approaches him. "It's hard, Minju-yah. Especially when I see your beautiful face, it reminds me of your mother. I just don't understand why did the world give her that illness? I'm so pathetic without her.".

Minju gives her father a quick hug. Reminiscing the times when her mother was still there and was locked in a tight embrace by Minju has brought a smile to creep up to the young girl's face.

She pulls away and continued on her way to her room, seeing the hallway she's been awfully familiar to and smiled on a picture framed on the wall of her Dad winning a gold medal on a swimming competition.