Sawamura Daichi - Confession Part 1

Daichi deserves more love

Soon the sun was set and that meant that the volleyball practice was also finished. The team had been working extra hard ever since they won the spring high tournament, preparing themselves for the nationals.

You were a bit concerned about this late practices and the overall health of the team, but the more you watched them, the more determined and excited they seemed.

"A real man prepares himself ahead of all others when going to the battlefield!" You remember Nishinoya's words and smile.

Ukai whistles, signalizing that the practice was over.

"Now go home, have a proper meal and then rest. Don't overwork! We will continue tomorrow." He warns, giving a glare to intensify his words.

You giggle and start helping the managers pack up everything.

"(Y/N), you don't need to help us. This is our job." Shimizu says softly as she takes the volleyball from your hands and places it in the proper place. You see Yachi nodding, agreeing with Shimizu.

"I'm glad I can help. You guys let me watch the practice and be here, even when I'm not part of the team. This is the least I can do." You reply as you grab more volleyballs from the ground, watching the other team members cleaning.

"It's not as of you are a burden. Plus, your presence here really motivates Noya and Tanaka." Yachi says as she glances at the boys.

You were a second year and had been in the same class as them ever since last year. You had grown close and became great friends. Last year they had invited you to watch their practice and you obviously accepted. You became so marveled about volleyball that you found yourself going many times to watch and help however you could.

"Daichi too." Shimizu whispers with a slight smile and you blink, confused.

"What?"

"You will understand soon enough." You shrug.

"Oi, (Y/N)." You turn at the sound of a familiar voice and smile.

"Ready?" Daichi asks, returning your smile.

"Yes. See ya!" You yell at the team as you wave and they wave back.

You met Daichi during this practices. You found that you two would go both the same way home and he offered to accompany when you stayed late at school. You gladly accepted and you never regretted it - this little walk was one of the best parts of your day.

"Is something wrong, Daichi?" You ask as you notice that he was looking everywhere but you, his fingers playing with the strap of his bag. "Are you tired?"

"No. I mean, yes. I mean..." He takes a breath. "I'm fine."

You look at him suspiciously. "All right then." You look back at the path on front of you.

"Everyone seems so lively." You comment. "Despite of what you will face."

"It's precisely because of that. The stronger the opponent, the more hard we will train. And in the nationals will be all types of beasts."

"That's right. But Karasuno is also a beast. So I'm sure that you will be just fine."

Daichi glances at you, at your calm expression that showed that you truly believed your words.

He needed to do it now.

"(Y/N)." He calls, stopping and you stop too. "There's something I need to tell you."

You tilt you head, curiosity filling your words. "What is it?"

"I wasn't really sure if I should say this because, hum, well, it can turn out awkward but... I don't want to regret things that I didn't do." He's looking at the ground, his eyes glued to it.