Hoshiumi Kourai - Tease

"What a big pride for someone so little." You tease.

"What did you say?!" Hoshiumi snaps and you grin. "I dare you to say that again!"

"What a big pri-"

"Don't repeat!" He says and you laugh.

"It was you who told me to repeat in the first place."

"You're not so tall yourself, (Y/N)!" He was taller than you. "Why are you teasing me?!"

You cock your head to the side, an innocent smile on your lips. "Because I don't get all worked up when someone teases me while you get. It's funny!"

"They are at it again?" Hirugami asks as he wipes his sweat.

"It seems so." Nozawa agrees. "It's about time they realize their feelings don't you think?"

"With those two, it could take forever." Gao comments.

"Honestly, you're so annoying!" Hoshiumi yells and you smirk.

You were about to provoke him more when he speaks, looking at his side. "You are constantly teasing about my height but the truth is that you're not that developed yourself, (Y/N)! No guy likes a girl like that."

The boy waited for you to yell at him, to tease him or to have a comeback. Instead, your next words were whispered.

"Y-You really think that?" Your eyes widen as you cover your chest from shame. You feel tears in your eyes. "N-No guy would like me?"

Hoshiumi stares at you, his eyes big and confused. He realizes he had said something he surely shouldn't have said.

"W-Wait," He stutters, trying to find the words. "That's not what I -"

"You are a jerk, Hoshiumi." You say coldly as you pick up your bag. His heart aches.

"I'll grant your wish and I'll go away. I hope you make a good performance in the nationals." And with that you left, leaving behind a perplexed Hoshiumi.

"What the hell just happened?!" He yells as he turns to his friends.

"You were an idiot, that's what happened." Hirugami says and the team nods in agreement,

"B-But, I thought she would have a comeback or something!" Hoshiumi explains, slowly starting to panic. "She always has! She isn't the type of girl that would be sad because of this."

"Girls are self-conscious." Gao says. "Some more, some less, but all of them are. (Y/N) too."

"You made a mistake, Kourai." Hirugami states calmly. "Now, you only one thing to think. How are you going to fix this?"

Hoshiumi stares at him before knowing what to do.

*

That idiot! Can't believe I actually had a crush on him!

You don't allow the tears to come. He didn't deserve them.

You take deep breaths as you speed-walk, away from everything.

"I AM AN IDIOT, ALL RIGHT?!" You hear someone shouting and you stop, surprised as you turn around.

Hoshiumi stood a few meters away from you, panting and sweaty.

You blink, not knowing what to say.

"I don't understand about girls. Much less you." He admits as he goes to you. "You confuse me so much that I don't know what to think and end up making a ridiculous figure. That's why I said something I shouldn't have and I'm sorry."

"That's true." You murmur.

He smiles, relieved. "At least, you still talk to me. That's good."

"I thought you didn't like me teasing you."

"I thought so too." He confesses as he curls his fists, looking determined at you. You held his gaze, your heart palpitating. "But I can't imagine you not being there, (Y/N). Hearing your laugh, seeing you smile, seeing you get all irritated by something... I want to see that every day."

You blush. "W-What do you mean?"

His face gets slightly red. "Look, I'm not good at this stuff." He scratches his cheek. "So, I guess, what I mean to say is that... Please, continue to talk with me and watch my practices."

You knew what he truly meant, even if he was unable to express it trough words right now.

You make a small smile, a smile that quickened his heartbeat.

"All right. I would miss my favorite person to tease, after all."

"What?! Just because of that?!"

You laugh as you flick his forehead. "Of course not. I like being with you."

Hoshiumi didn't have a comeback to you.

And you had nothing else to say.