Sugawara Koushi - Cooking

"This is a disaster." You admit as you look at the table, defeated. All kinds of ingredients were on display, most of them opened or sprawled on the counter of floor.

What a waste.

You hear the bell ringing and you look at the time. "I'm coming!" You hear your mother say.

Oh my god, I'm late! I lost track of time and didn't even warn Koushi... I'm an idiot.

You were about to text him when you hear a soft voice coming from the door. "Did a typhoon pass through here?" You quickly look at the owner's voice. Your eyes widen when they land on your boyfriend.

"K-Koushi?" You stutter. "W-What are you doing here?"

He smiles softly as he takes in the scene. "You aren't usually late for our dates and weren't replying to my messages so I decided to come and see if you were alright."

You clean your hands to a cloth and then on your apron, just to have something to do with them.

"R-Right..." You gaze at him, your eyes sad and guilty. "I'm so sorry for not warning you... I lost track of time in here."

He takes a few steps and kisses you on the forehead while hugging you.

"You're going to be all covered in flour!" You protest as you try to pull away. He hugged you harder.

"I don't mind. Instead, I want you to say what kind of battle you were fighting here."

You place your head on his shoulder. "This was my attempt to do a romantic picnic for us two."

Koushi looks around the kitchen and then at your face and wipes some melted chocolate from your cheek. You blush when he licks the finger.

"It's good."

"K-Koushi!"You exclaim and he grins at you.

"You didn't need to give yourself all this trouble, (Y/N). You know I don't mind cooking."

"I know... But I wanted."

"Well, I'll guess I'll help you." You quickly look at him as his takes an apron and rolls up his sleeves.

"I-I don't want give you work!"

"Nonsense!" You says as he flicks you on the forehead. "How is helping my dear girlfriend making a meal for us two work?"

You stare him, feeling your heart flutter. Every day, you feel yourself falling for him all over again.

You make a small smile. "Okay... But you gotta explain me everything because I really suck at this."

He laughs and gives you a peck on the lips. "Don't worry." He winks. "I don't mind at all."

*

"Why didn't you ask your mother for help?" Koushi asks as you both stare at the cake in the oven.

You turn to the counter, cutting the vegetables. "Because I wanted you to eat something I cooked all by myself." You laugh a bit. "But I guess it would really have been better if I had asked for help."

Koushi joins you as he mixes some ingredients. "I appreciate the though, (Y/N). I'm happy you think those things for me." He was smiling, a pink blush on his cheeks.

You stop your activity to hug him from behind. You hands around his belly, your body pressed against his back.

He turns his head, blushing. "(Y)-(Y/N)? Everything is alright?"

You smile as you nod. "Everything's perfect. I was just thinking of how lucky I am for having you in my life."

You feel him holding your hands as he caresses them. "I feel the same way. I'm so glad I met you."

"I love you, Koushi." It was the first time you said those words since you two started dating.

You had never felt like it was right to tell them aloud since they may not be true. But now you knew they were as true as the planet being round. You feel light when you say them, as if a burden has been removed from you.

Koushi turns around, still enveloped in your arms. He hugs your back and slowly leans toward you, closing his eyes. You close your eyes as well, and when your lips touch, you feel a spark between you both.

He pulls away just a bit and you feel his breath on your face. "I love you too, (Y/N). So much."

You smile as you kiss him again. You feel like you could stay like that forever.

A beep sounds interrupts your moment and Koushi looks at the oven before smiling at you.

"Let's see how it is!"