Iwaizumi Hajime - Not A Good Day

Requested by Lunastic-san .Hope you enjoy!

"Is everything okay?" You ask, concerned, to Iwaizumi.

The boy barely glances at you, his jaw flexed, and face frowned. "Yeah."

"It doesn't look like it." You comment as you hand him a water bottle. Iwaizumi stares at it before harshly take it.

"I'm fine, (Y/N), don't worry."

Even though he said that you still worried. You didn't know but this week had been pretty stressful for him. His tests hadn't gone well, his mother was sick, and Oikawa seemed to be extra annoying. All this stress bubbled inside Iwaizumi and he wanted to transform into power on his spikes. However, he was failing to reach almost every set, almost every receive. And that didn't help his humor.

"But I-"

Iwaizumi went back to the court, ignoring your sentence. You watched him, defeated, as he again failed his spiked. Your heart squeezed hard in your chest as you saw Oikawa tease him, oblivious to his friend's bad mood.

When it was break time, you approached him again, carefully.

"You're not going to play now, Iwaizumi." You affirm, trying to sound firm.

"What?" He asks, moving his bored look to you. You hated that look on him.

"I talked with the coach and he agreed that you're not in the mood today. So he lets you leave earlier today. And I-"

"Why did you do that?!" He raises his tone, his eyes sharp as he stared at you.

You gulp, a bit nervous, but you held your ground. You wouldn't let him treat you however he wanted just because he was not feeling good.

"Because I'm worried. You're not okay and that's fine, we all have bad days and-"

"CAN'T YOU JUST STICK TO YOUR OWN BUSINESS?!" He shouts angrily, throwing his bottle into the ground.

The whole team stared at you two, appalled.

But they were not more shocked than you, who stared at your crush wide-eyed, you hand on your chest. Your heart throbbed with pain and you feel miserable. The way Iwaizumi looked at you, with such anger... Was that really him?

You realize you were crying when you feel your cheeks humid. Iwaizumi's eyes widen then, his angry face changing.

"I... I see." You murmur, fetching your bag. "I'm sorry. I won't bother you anymore."

You step outside the gym, clutching your hands before you wipe your tears. I shouldn't have pressed... He probably hates me. Maybe I've annoyed him all this time... I'm such an idiot.

At the gym, Iwaizumi stared at the door, perplexed by his own actions. He didn't even realize what he had done and said until he saw your tears. Regret immediately filled him and he slowly looked at his team. They all had sober looks and sad expressions.

Oikawa stepped up. "You know what you need to do, Iwa-chan. We'll clean your mess, don't worry."

Iwaizumi nodded and gave a quick thanks before running off.

*

You were so focused on your own thoughts you didn't realize you had arrived at a road. You crossed it, not noticing the car coming closer. Nor did the driver notice you, since he was distracting looking at his phone.

Finally he looks up and honks his car upon seeing you. The loud noise brought you back to reality, having you stopped in your tracks from the shock.

Before the car hit you, a strong hand gripped your wrist and quickly pulled you away. Your face lands on a broad chest, an arm around your waist. You take quick breaths, still perplexed about what just happened. Of how close you had come to face death.

You slowly look up, meeting a pair of handsome and concerned eyes.

"What were you thinking?! Why weren't you paying attention where you were going?!" He shouts. But this shout was different from the one on the gym; it sounded more... worried.

"Iwaizumi? What are you doing here?" The moment the words left your mouth you wanted to hit yourself. I should be thanking him! Stupid, stupid (Y/N)!

Before he could answer, the driver (who had parked) approaches you two, a guilty expression on his face. "I'm so, so sorry!" He apologizes.

You two had a quick conversation, where you also took responsibility on what could have almost occurred. After a few minutes, he went back to his car and you looked again at Iwaizumi, who hadn't let you go.

"Thank you, Iwaizumi. You saved me." You say, smiling a bit.

The spiker looks at you for a long while, his deep gaze making you nervous. He must still be angry at me.

Then he sighs and wraps both arms around you, his head on your shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N)." He whispers, surprising you. "I shouldn't have yelled at you... You were only trying to help and I was jerk and hurt you. When I saw that car almost hitting you... It was if my heart was about be ripped from my chest."

You hug him back, your heart swelled with emotion upon hearing his words. You snuggle your face into his chest.

"I shouldn't have pressed you so much. I know you wouldn't have talked me to like that if you weren't feeling terrible."

"That's not the issue." He says, tilting his head to meet your eyes. "I shouldn't have yelled at you. Period."

Your heartbeat increases, and heat runs to your cheeks. You found yourself smiling.

"You're so sweet, Iwaizumi." You say softly, running your hands on his back.

"How are you saying that after I yelled at you?" He asks, pulling away.

You gather your wits and courage as you grab his collar, making him lean in. Your lips brush his as you close your eyes, your head feeling light.

"Because I wouldn't have fell for someone who isn't sweet." You answer when pulling away.

Iwaizumi stares at you, blinking, his face blushing mad. "W-W-What just happened?"

You smile, a bit embarrassed. "I just kissed you and forgiven you, you idiot."

Iwaizumi stills stares at you for a little while, gathering his thoughts and feelings. Then his expression changes, turning a bit sad.

"I don't deserve you, (Y/N)... After what I did-"

You shake your head while placing a finger on his lips. "I'm not going to judge you for a bad afternoon when you've been so nice to me for years." You caress his cheek. "I want to be with you, Iwaizumi. And if it worries you that you may be rude to me again, then I'll just slap you when you are." You giggle and he laughs a bit too.

"The real issue is..." You start, looking straight into his eyes. "Do you want be with me?"

Iwaizumi kisses you again, pulling you closer.

"Yes."