Miya Atsumu - Problems

Small spoiler (from the last arc of the manga) for Kita's occupation in the future

You hated how things were between you two.

Ever since you had an argument over (just think about something which you would get really mad about), the air between you both was tense and cold.

Nor Atsumu nor you would back down and apologize, since both your minds were sure that each was right. And, even though you were always first to apologize when wrong, this time you refused, because you knew you were right.

"The food is ready." Atsumu says in a neutral tone, popping his head into the living room.

You don't take your eyes from your book. "Okay, thank you." You reply coldly, turning the page. From the corner of your eye, you notice he wore a bored face but you don't do anything to take that expression of him. Was that selfish? Probably, but that meant he was being too.

You knew marriages required work, patience and forgiveness. That love couldn't solve every problem. But in three years of it, this was the first real argument you two had had and you never imagined it would feel like this. It was if your heart and stomach were being squeezed at the same time.

You get up and walk to the kitchen, where Atsumu was finishing placing the dishes on the table. The sweet aroma filled your nostrils and you couldn't help but sigh in satisfaction, with a small smile.

Atsumu noticed this, but didn't mention. He takes his place and you do as well, as you start grabbing the food.

The only sound in the division was from the television.

"The rice is from Kita's farm." Atsumu informs, taking a large portion of it.

You take one as well. "His rice is the best I've eaten. We have to make a visit sometime."

Now, you didn't notice the little signs you gave, but Atsumu did. The fact you used the word 'we' instead of 'you' or 'I' were a sign of hope for the setter. But even then, he still refused to admit he was wrong; his pride was always terrible and was one of the things you hated most.

"We could go somewhere tomorrow." Atsumu starts, in a tone of indifference. "We haven't gone out in a long time."

"I can't." You say harshly, suddenly feeling a bit mad. "I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, remember? If you want to go out, go yourself."

You didn't like to utter those words in that cold way but you wanted him to suffer as much as you were. You knew it was selfish and childish and mean but you couldn't help it.

Atsumu stares at you for a few seconds before looking at his beef with sad eyes. He clutches his fist before starting his meal, eating as if angry with the food.

And you ate in unusual calm way, never looking at him.

*

You stare at yourself in the mirror, caressing your belly. You take multiple positions from different angles as you admire yourself, wondering how you didn't realize it before.

You had a life growing inside you. A small, tiny bean still. But a life, nevertheless.

You had felt such happiness when the doctor told you the news. It had always been one of your dreams to be a mother and now that was to become a reality.

But as you looked at the mirror, sadness and hurt wave through your body. The child had been born out of love; but now its creators were far from being in harmony as they once had.

You would give him the news, anyway. He had the right to know and then you two would figure out what to do.

The door opens. "I'm home." Atsumu says in a monotonous tone.

"Welcome!" You greet, a bit agitated. Atsumu stops for a second, since for the last week you had said nothing upon his arrival.

"I need to talk with you." You say in a serious tone, coming closer to him. Your husband arches an eyebrow and slowly hangs the jacket as he eyes you.

"Okay?..."

You led him to the living room and make him seat on the sofa. You stand. You start making a lot of gestures with your hands, just to have something to do with them.

"This is not easy to say," You start, finding it a lot harder than you thought it would be. "But I-"

"I don't want a divorce." Atsumu quickly says, interrupting you, as he rises.

You blink your eyes in confusion. "What?"

"I don't want a divorce." He repeats, getting hold of your hands. "I know we haven't been in good terms lately and it's all my fault. I'm sorry for what I've done and said to you, (Y/N), I really am. And I'm sorry for being a stupid idiot that is too pride to admit when he's wrong. I promised to make you happy but I'm not keeping that vow. But I do want to get better and make you happy, (Y/N). I love you and I don't want to lose you. Please, forgive me."

You were speechless. For the past week, all you had wanted was for him to utter those words, to admit he was wrong and you were right. But suddenly, that didn't seem to matter.

As you stare into his beautiful eyes, eyes that looked so hopeful and sad and hurt at the same time, you realize that you would always forgive him, not matter what.

You reach out your hand and place it on his cheek, surprising him. Your expression was gentle and your voice sweet. "I love you, Atsumu. I'm also sorry for being so rude and childish these days. We should have handled this as adults."

He smiles brightly and you wondered if you were imagining the small tears in his eyes. He wraps his arms around you, pulling you close. You inhale his scent, that you had missed so bad.

"I love you. So much." He whispers and you feel his lips on your neck, kissing you softly.

You smile, contented. "I had missed this." You whisper as well.

He pulls away and you kiss him on the lips, reclaiming them. Atsumu's arms go to your waist and yours to his neck; you both stay like that for a long while, enjoying the calm after the storm.

"I wasn't going to ask for a divorce." You inform, pulling away, touching his forehead with yours.

"No?" He asks, surprised. "But you looked so serious."

"Well, the matter is serious." You make a nervous smile as you look up to meet his eyes, pulling a bit away.

"I'm pregnant."

You wished you had a camera to record the changes in his expression. From confusion to surprise, and then to a face that showed true happiness, all in a matter of few seconds.

"Y-You're... p-pregnant?" He repeats, touching your belly.

You smile as you place your hand above his. "Indeed I am. I suppose you're happy?" You ask, wanting to be sure.

Atsumu lifts you off the ground and spins around with you in his arms. You yelp before laughing. "How could I not be?! I'm going to have a child with the woman of my dreams! This is amazing!"

You laugh even more before he kisses you again and again; you welcome every one of them, wanting to have the share you had lost over the week.

He looks up to you. You feel safe in his strong arms.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

You cup his face with your hands.

"I love you, Atsumu."