Daisho Suguru - Notice

"I really like you!" A boy shouts as he bows. You try really hard not to sigh and decide to make an awkward smile.

"I really appreciate your feelings." Even the speech was the same. "But I don't feel that way towards you."

The boy jerks upwards, his cheeks slightly pink and his eyes determined. You almost pitied him. "But I can be who you want me to be! Everything you want, I'll be it or do it!"

When was someone going to realize that that was not what you wanted? "I am touched that you say those things," Your smile was a fake one but people never really noticed it. "But I like someone else."

That was always the best excuse to reject someone. The boy's smile vanishes and his eyes turn sad. Suddenly, you feel guilty but your decision was made.

"I see... But well, it was worth the shot." He smiles a bit but failed. He looks at you in the eye. "I hope you can be happy with him, (L/N)-san."

This time, the smile you gave was genuine. "Thank you. I wish you the same."

They bout turns around and leaves. You sigh as you turn around as well and make your way towards the school's entrance.

"The Broken Hearts Queen strikes yet again." A familiar voice says and you try not to smile as your turn around. Leaning against the wall, was Suguru, a smirk on his lips.

"Were you eavesdropping?" You ask as you place your hands on your hips.

"No, I was already here before you two came."

You raise an eyebrow, suspicious. Then you shrug it off. You take a few steps toward him and you lean against the wall beside him.

Suguru has his arms folded as he looks at you. "Another rejection, huh?"

You sigh again. "I know his sounds horrible but I don't even know his name. Kosuke, I think? Who knows. I'm so tired of all this confessions."

"So the Broken Hearts Queen doesn't like to reject people."

You playfully hit his arm. "Don't call me that. You know I don't' like to hurt people. It's just that... I don't' even know these boys that confess to me. I don't think I have ever spoken to some. So how can they claim they like me when they don't know who I am?"

"What a hard life you have." Suguru comments and you roll your eyes.

"I just want someone who truly likes me, you know? Someone who knows my flaws and yet still likes me. Someone who will always be there for me. But none of this boys - and even some girls!" You giggle. "None of them... know me."

Suguru stays silent for a moment, thinking.

"So you don't like anyone?" He asks.

You look up to him. "You know I don't."

"What if you do but you don't know?"

"I never thought about that." You say.

"And you don't really have an interest in someone on school?" Suguru insists. You could tell he was starting to get a bit annoyed. You didn't know why, though.

"I don't think so." You say as you think about the people you know. "But, who knows, maybe someday I'll-"

Suguru slams his hand next to your head, startling you. You were encaged between his arms and you look up to meet his eyes, surprised.

"Instead of dreaming of one day, why don't you just look at someone who is right in front of you?!"

Your eyes widen slightly and you cheeks get pink. Suguru's eyes were sharp as they dig holes into yours.

"Suguru..." You whisper as you place a hand on his cheek and gently caress it. "Do you like me?"

Suguru suddenly seemed to realize what he had done as he blushes at you question. But he was someone to back away when things got serious.

"I do. I have for a while, and oh my God, how did you not notice, (Y/N)?"

You gasp, feeling your heartbeat increasing. Suguru liked you? You had never thought about that possibility. For you, you two were best friends since the beginning of high school 3 years ago; you never thought about nothing more.

But... Suguru had always been there for you. When you were happy, when you were sad. You studied together, you had loch together, he was the one you confessed what was on your mind. And you had been there for him whenever he needed.

Could it be... that I actually like him?

You retreat the hand from his cheek.

"For how long?"

Suguru gulps, nervous. He didn't think he would confess his love today.

"Since last year."

Your eyes widen. "Why didn't you tell me anything?" You whisper.

He leans his body closer to yours and you don't stop him. "Because I figured you would eventually fall in love with me. But damn, you are so dense that you actually forced me to confess first."

You take a deep breath, trying to calm your heart. It didn't' work.

"I..." You start, trying to gather the words. "I never thought that someone like you would like someone like me."

"Someone like me?" He repeats as he raises an eyebrow.

You wave your hands on the tiny space between your bodies. "That's not what I meant! It's just that... you always seem to have things under control and I'm just chaos. I don't know what I'm going to do with my life, I'm clumsy and sometimes childish. How can you like that?"

His eyes were gentle. "The same way I have dealt with that all these years, (Y/N). Because, as you said, I like even though you have flaws. Who hasn't?"

You clutch your hands, wanting to cry. For the first time in your life, your heard a confession that was true, coming from someone who knew you and accepted you.

"I don't even know if I'm going to be a good girlfriend..." You mumble.

Suguru places his index finger under your chin, lifting your face so you meet his eyes. "Don't worry. You just have to be with me and then we'll see."