Hinata Shouyo - Exasperating

My precious boy~

You hated everything about him.

His attitude, in particular. You once heard that you could know a person based on their gestures rather than in their words, and now, you fully sure you knew Hinata Shouyo.

He was always half-asleep in class, never paying much attention to the teacher. You gave him a chance, thinking that maybe he studied really hard outside school and that was why he was so tired, but when you saw that the only grades he managed to get were mediocre ones, your despise for him grew. He was loud, always talking excitedly about something that probably didn't matter. He disappeared in the breaks, only to return sweaty and often late.

The only subject he shone was in P.E. class while you sucked at it. That didn't play in his favor.

You, as a responsible and mature person, hated his attitude and wanted nothing but distance from him.

But of course, fate doesn't play by our rules.

*

"Please, (Y/N)-chan!" Kira, your friend, pleads. "I'm already late for my club!"

You sigh. "Who forgets their school bag on the gym? Go to your club that I will catch your bag. I will put it in your locker so that you can grab it after."

Kira hugs you. "Thank you so much!" She then runs to the school building, always mumbling 'I'm late, I'm late, I AM LATE!'

You grin as you watch her. Then, you turn around, heading for the gym. Honestly, you loved Kira, but her forgetfulness really drives you crazy.

As you were approaching the building, you hear squeaks and multiple sounds of balls getting smacked at the ground. Which club activity is going on now?

You slid the door open, watching as multiple guys jump and receive balls and run. Oh, you realize, it's the volleyball club.

You knew that Karasuno had once been strong enough to go to the nationals but that ever since then, it had gone downhill. But honestly, you really didn't care about that. It had nothing to do with you.

A gorgeous girl appears at your front. She seemed older. "Can I help you with something?" She asks softly.

"My friend forgot her school bag here and asked me to come and get it." You explain, a bit distracted by all the players. How could they all be handsome?

"Oh, I saw it. At the end of the practice I would go and leave it at the secretary. I'm glad that you came." She makes a small smile and looks at your feet. "If you don't mind taking of your shoes, you can come and get it. I just have to make an errand and I'll be back shortly."

You take your shoes of and step inside. "All right."

The girl points at a chair, a school bag at its side. "It's that one."

"Thank you. I'm (L/N) (Y/N) by the way."

The girl was outside now. "I'm Shimizu Kiyoko." She turns around and takes her way.

You fetch the bag, anxious to leave since you were getting looks from the team, wondering who you were.

"WATCH OUT!" You hear, thinking that it was meant for some guy. But from the corner of your eye, you see a ball going at full speed in direction to your head, making you stop.

It was too fast and you couldn't react. You were already imagining the pain-

Suddenly, a body is at your front, shooting the ball in another direction. The body falls on the ground and, as you crouch to help the person who just helped you, you recognize their distinct orange hair.

No way.

"Hinata-san?" You ask, your mouth forming an 'o'.

He perks up at the sound his name, turning his head to look at you. He smiles. "Ah, (L/N)-san, are you okay? I hope you didn't get hurt."

"Me?" You ask, surprised. "You are the one who fell into the floor!"

He gets up, cleaning his shorts with his hands, and then smiles brightly. "It's nothing I'm not used to!"

You stare at him, suddenly very confused. He extends a hand. "Come on." You realize you are still on the floor and accept his hand. Hinata's hand was hot and sweaty.

"T-Thank you." You stutter. "For helping me out."

"But of course!" He exclaims excitedly. "What kind of classmate would I be if I let you get hurt?"

"Y-You know who I am?" You ask, startled. You never saw him looking your way so you doubted that he even knew who you were.

He tilts his head. "How could I not? You are the one that sucks at P.E.!"

You make a face, embarrassed that that was the only thing he remembered.

"You are the one who always answers the teacher's questions and gets high scores in every test. You have no idea how I would love to be like that!" He continues, his eyes twinkling.

Your eyes widen, taken aback from his words. You never imagined that he actually paid attention to you; only to his sleep.

"O-Oh, I see." You look around, as multiples faces who had been staring at you both suddenly turn around. "So... you are in the volleyball club?"

He nods enthusiastically. "I love volleyball and it's great here!" He takes your hand and pulls you to where a girl with blond hair was. "I want to show you what I can do!" He says to you.

You blush slightly. "A-All right." He makes a big smile once again as he turns around and goes to the court.

"I'm Yachi Hitoka, pleased to meet you." The girl says with a nervous smile. "I'm one of the Karasuno's volleyball club managers."

You smile. "Pleased to meet you too, Hitoka-chan. I'm (L/N) (Y/N). I'm..." You think. "In Hinata-san's class."

"I see. Well, if have never seen him play than I can guarantee you that you will be surprised." She says and you arch an eyebrow. What could be that special about jumping-

He jumps.

And you forget to breath.

It's like he's flying.

"Hinata may not be the smartest student," Yachi says, as if she knew your thoughts about the boy. "But he works hard for volleyball. The reason why I'm even standing here is because him and Kageyama asked me to tutor them because of his bad grades. Slowly, but surely, they have been improving. In volleyball is where they shine." She says with a smile and you stare at her.

Your opinion about him was starting to change. Somehow.

Hinata runs to you. "Did you see me?! What did you think?!" He seemed eager to hear you.

"It was... awesome."

He smiles brightly - all his smiles seemed bright to you - and takes your hands once again.

"You can come and watch me practice every time you want! It would be amazing!"

You blush slightly, feeling his warmth enveloping your hands. You make a small smile.

"I would love to, Hinata-san."

"Please, just call me Hinata! We're friends, aren't we? We don't need the formalities."

Your eyes widen a bit before your smiles turns bigger.

"Then call me (Y/N) please, Hinata. It's a pleasure to be your friend!"

You can know a person based on their gestures.

But that doesn't define the person as a whole.

Yap, I inspired this from when Hinata saved Yachi from being hit with a ball.