Kageyama Tobio - Sorry

"Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudobu" did this to me. I loved the anime and I really recommend it!

So, for those who don't know, kyudo is a shooting sport (in which they use a big bow and arrows to hit those circle targets) and proper clothes like it's in the image (well, not this one for girls, clearly):

You let out the string and the arrow hits an area near the center. You let out a sigh of frustration as you pick another and prepare it.

My concentration isn't at its best because of him. Stop thinking about him, (Y/N)!

You take a deep breath and aim to the center.

"(Y/N)?" A familiar voice, which you really didn't want to hear, calls. The arrow flies and it doesn't even hit any of the circles.

You didn't turn around as you picked another arrow. "What do you want, Tobio?" You ask coldly.

"I want to talk with you." He says but doesn't come closer to you, probably thinking that you were very much likely to shoot at him. You certainly wanted so.

"Well, I don't want to talk with you. Shouldn't you be at your club?" You shoot the third arrow and, when again it doesn't go to where you want, you give up and decide to calm yourself down.

"I warned Takeda-sensei that I was going to be a bit late. Please."

"So you just decide to show up at my club? You could be interrupting an important practice, you know?" Your voice was like a knife as you turn to him.

His blue eyes stare determined at you. "I know that on Tuesdays it's your day off. And that you come to train anyway."

"Wow, I'm surprised you know so much about me." You say ironically.

Kageyama's eyes were a bit sad as well and he continues. "Since you have been ignoring my calls and messages and avoiding me at school, I decided to come."

"Do you want me to applaud you?"

"No, I want you to hear me." He takes a few steps toward you and you don't move as you stare at him, your eyes digging holes in him.

He stops at an arm's distance from you. "I know what I did is unforgivable and you have every right to be hating me right now. I deserve it since I'm the worst boyfriend ever. But..."

Kageyama's expression was of defeat, but different from the ones he had when he lost a match. "But I don't know how to make things right, (Y/N). I want to compensate you but I'm afraid I'll mess things up again."

"Why don't you use your brain to think, Tobio? I'm not going to have answers to all your questions."

"Please, (Y/N), just give me one more chance." He was starting to panic and you couldn't help but feel a bit happy about that. He should be feeling like that and truly regret what he did.

"Tobio." You say, your tone controlled. You had imagined this conversation many times and knew exactly what to say. "You forgot about our one-year anniversary. A date that should be important for both of us and you just forgot about it and why? Because you were too busy playing volleyball with Shouyo."

"We were practicing for the nationals..."

"And I understand that feeling, Tobio, I really do." You say, your voice beginning to shake as you feel your hands trembling. You close them into fists. "I understand your passion for volleyball because I feel the same with kyudo. That we could this for hours and even so not getting tired of it. The passion you had was one of the things that attracted me to you."

You gaze at him in the eyes. "The difference between us is that I can balance my passion and my relationships."

Kageyama's eyes widen slightly and he takes one more step forward. "I'm so sorry. I don't know how I could forget about our anniversary. If I could go back in time, I-"

"But you can't." You say as you look at your bow that was on the ground.

"But I can try to make things right." He says, a bit of hope in his voice. "And then this can be just a thing from the past and-"

"I got all dressed up." You confess as you feel tears in your eyes. "I put on a pretty dress, I cooked our dinner. I decorated the table with candles so it could be romantic and made sure to put everything in place." You point your finger at him, tears running down your cheeks. Kageyama stares at you, hurt and defeated, finally hearing everything you had been holding back.

"Do you have any idea how I felt when you didn't show up?! When I sent you a message and you replied saying that you were heading home because you were too tired? Do you have any idea how heartbroken I felt?!"

Kageyama reaches his hand toward your face but thought twice and retreated it. He looks down for a few moments, thinking about what to say. But he never was good with words. The only thing he could say was the truth.

"I love you, (Y/N)." He says in a low tone as if speaking any louder would ruin everything. You feel your heart clench. "I truly do. You have no idea how lucky I feel for having you in my life. And that's why that I felt like my world ended when I realized I had forgotten about our anniversary. I just imagined you, alone, and rushed to where we had agreed to meet but you weren't there."

"I waited 2 hours." You comment.

"And I'm so sorry." He says again. "I'm the worst. I deserve your hate. But I will fight for you, (Y/N). I want us to be okay."

You stay silent for a moment. "I don't hate you, Tobio. You are my first love, so I could never hate you. What I feel is hurt and disappointment because my expectations for this day weren't met. I thought this day would be magical and..." You don't finish your sentence.

"I know words won't erase my mistake. But I just wanted you to know that... I didn't forget about our anniversary the days before. I..." He takes a small box from his pocket. "I got this for you and was ready to give it to you. But, well, ..."

You stare at the box, your heart accelerating. "How do I know that you didn't buy that after the date?"

"Open." He offers you the box and take it.

Inside was a necklace with a volleyball. You turn it around and saw the date and your name on it. You raise an eyebrow at Tobio only to see him taking his own keychain, with a bow on it. Your eyes widen as you realize that he had been using that for over a week, 3 days before the date.

"I asked a person to personalize it and engrave the date. I had been wearing it because it felt good to do it. And I was careful not to let you see what was behind."

You remembered commenting that he had good taste on keychains as a joke.

"I forgot about anniversary, it's true." He says as cuts the distance between you two and takes your free hand. You let him, because you had missed his warmth. "But I never forgot about you." He whispers. "How could I? I'm crazy when it comes to you."

He caresses your hand and you gaze at his eyes, so innocent, so determined. It was hard to believe he was already a third-year judging by his eyes.

"Please, don't leave me, (Y/N). I promise I'll become a better person and... in the case I don't change, then please leave me. Because you deserve someone who treats you well and I just want to see you happy."

You stay silent, your brain quickly thinking on what to say. You wanted so bad to forgive him and hug him and kiss him.

He kisses your hand as if you were a princess and you blush slightly. He gives you a charming smile and you really wanted to hit him because of the effect he had on you.

Inside your heart, you knew the answer.

"If you dare to break my heart again," You start as a small smile makes its way to your lips. "I swear I'll shoot an arrow to your heart."