Hirugami Sachiro - Doubts

"Honestly, when do you two start dating?" Akari asks as she watches you leaning over the rail, your eyes focused on one particular person.

You turn to her, your cheeks bright red. You hated how you blushed so easily. "W-What do you mean, Akari? I-I'm just watching our school's team practice."

"No, you are watching Hirugami practice, it's different." Akari grins. "It's so obvious that he likes you, everyone knows."

"T-That's not true! He never did anything that showed that." You were saying this things but, actually, you wished Akari was right.

"Please." Akari pats you on the shoulder."You are the dense one, (Y/N). But if you have any doubts, why don't you just ask him?"

"There's no way I could do that!"

"Then the rumors will forever be rumors." You look at her before moving your gaze to Hirugami. Your eyes widen slightly and your heart quickens when your eyes meet. For how long had he been looking at you?

Your lips set into a thin line, your eyes looking a bit more determined. Akari smiles at that before patting you on the back, as encouragement.

*

You two were walking side by side. You were happy he lived the same way as you did so that you always had his company for a part of the day.

You two had already talked about your school day and practice. Usually, you would think of another topics to talk about but, for some reason, you couldn't. There was only one question on your mind and that was eclipsing everything else.

You were too shy. You couldn't put into words what you wanted to say and that made you angry. You found yourself gripping your uniform's skirt.

Hirugami notices this. "Is everything okay?" He asks, looking down at you. He was so tall that he was looking down at you and you always looking up to him.

"Eh?" You look up and make a nervous smile. "Y-Yeah, of course, why wouldn't it be?"

"You seem a bit anxious. Is it because of Akari-san? I saw you two talking and you seemed a bit agitated."

Why the hell did he need to be so observant?

"N-No, nothing happened between us." You look down, remembering Akari's words. You take a deep breath, gathering all the courage you had.

"H-Hey, Hirugami, can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"I know that this is going to sound like nonsense and I'm probably going to regret asking you this but... Do you like me? Like, in more t-than a f-friend?" You can't help but stutter.

You don't look at him, too afraid to see his reaction. "I do."

Your eyes widen as you look at him. "E-Eh?"

He tilts his head as he gazes at you, his expression as if he had said something obvious. "I do like you. You didn't know?"

You violently shake your head, blushing. "I thought that it was obvious. Everyone on the team knew." He continues, his face serious.

He wasn't kidding and you feel your heartbeat increasing.

"Y-You l-li... what...?" You head was spinning as it was not able to process the information.

He stops to look at you, a curious twinkle on his eyes. "You seriously didn't know?" He grins. "Now, that's what I call amusing." He leans his face to yours and you blush. "I never expected that I would get to see you with that kind of expression. It's cute."

You stutter some words before speed-walking away from him. Hirugami didn't even need to the same to catch up with you.

"Why are you running away from me?" He asks and you look forward. "You don't like me, is that it?" His tone was neutral so you wonder if you imagined the slight hurt on his voice.

You stop short, refusing to look at him. "I-It's not like that. It's just that... I have no idea of what to do right now."

He stops in front of you. You could feel his eyes on your head while you were looking at his shoes. "And why is that?"

"You know I'm not good w-with words."

"I know. But I want you to explain everything to me." His tone was comforting.

You take a deep breath and look at him in the eyes, glancing away every now and then. "I-I like you too, Hirugami. But... I never expected that you would feel the same. I never had a boyfriend before so... what if I'm a terrible girlfriend? I don't know what to do. How am I supposed to act? What should I-"

Hirugami places both of his hands on your shoulders and you look at him again. A soft smile was plastered on his lips. "Calm down, (Y/N). You are over thinking this. There is no reason for you to be so nervous."

"B-But I... I don't want to ruin our relationship."

"What makes you think you'll be the one ruining it? I may as well do something stupid that would break us apart."

"That isn't possible!" You look at him, determined, and Hirugami's eyes widen slightly, surprised by your sudden confidence. Confidence in him. "I know you would never do something to hurt me on purpose, Hirugami. You are too kind for that and I just know that you would find a solution for everything."

He stays silent for a moment, gazing into your eyes. "You really trust me, don't you?"

You nod, your lips a thin line to show how serious you were.

He grabs one of your hands and lifts it until his lips touches your pal. You blush, again. He never broke eye contact with you.

"Then please, (Y/N), trust that this will work. We will make mistakes, I'm sure. After all, none of us has been in relationship before. But we will overcome them because... well, we like each other. Right?"

You look down for a moment before letting yourself feel all the hope you wanted to desperately to feel.

Gaining confidence, you go in your tip toes and kiss him on the cheek. A light movement but that it had your heart beating like crazy.

You take a glance at Hirugami when you pull back and you feel surprised when you see him with his cheeks tainted pink.

"I-I was not expecting that." He stutters and you can't help but giggle. He looked adorable.

"Let's..." You start as you held both his hands and smile at him. "Both do our best, okay?"

He laughs and you blush from embarrassment, as you try to separate your hands. He only holds them tighter as you goes closer to you.

"Honestly, that sounds like you are motivating someone." He gazes at you, his eyes gentle. No one had ever looked at you with such fond eyes. "But yeah, let's give our best."