Kyotani Kentaro - It's You

Requested by rayrajoon. Hope you enjoy! I tried to do it as neutral as possible

This is a Soulmate's AU, in which, if you meet your soulmate in real life, you will be able to write on your skin an what you write will show up in your lover's skin.

My teacher is so boring. I don't know how I haven't fallen asleep.

You try to suppress a smile when you read the words that appear on your hand. You glance at the teacher, his back facing you, and you quickly write a reply on your wrist.

Focus on class! That's what I'm doing.

Seconds later, letters appear on your other hand. Then why are you replying to me?

You grin, writing the first letters of your sentence. "(L/N)!" A sharp voice yells and you jump a bit, looking afraid as you look up.

Your teacher was tapping his feet on the ground, looking at your arms with 'I'm done' look.

"How many times do I have to warn not to write to your soulmate on class?!" He yells, grabbing your wrist to see what you had written.

"Honestly, at least you can pretend you're actually focusing." He says, going back to the board. You feel embarrassed and try to sink into your chair, to avoid everybody's eyes.

"No more writing! Just talk to him!" The teacher says as he starts writing on the board.

As you take your pen and decide to be concentrated, you couldn't help the thought that crossed your mind.

If I knew who he was, I would.

When you two started talking with each other, your soulmate had asked to meet you in person. You apologized, saying you weren't ready yet. Which was a bit ironic, since you could only talk to him through skin because you had already met in real life.

Although you weren't ready, you wondered who he was. Since contact was made once you came to Aoba Josai, it could only be a student. But who? It couldn't be from your class, since you glanced at your classmates whenever you wrote something. But none of them reacted, none had anything appearing on their skin.

Which only leaves the volleyball team. Maybe Iwaizumi? Kunimi? You place your head on your hand, now focused on this subject. You make a face when another boy comes to your mind. Not Oikawa.

"Focus, (L/N)!"

"Y-Yes!"

*

"If you keep arching your back like that, you'll end up breaking it." You tease the boy, as he sat on the bench during break.

"Shut up." Kyotani says, drinking water. "It adds more power to the spikes."

"I know." You sit by his side, looking ahead at the team who were discussing strategies. "You'll be a great player one day, I'm sure."

The boy glances at you, frowning. "Are you being ironic? Sometimes I really can't tell."

"You didn't let me finish." You smirk, patting his back. "You may be great but you'll never manage to be as good as me. You'll be forever doomed to watch me from behind and-"

"Shut up!" Kyotani gets up and was about to join his teammates when you speak again.

"If you continue with that annoying attitude, you're soulmate will be doomed."

That sentence had him stopping in his tracks. You blink, surprised he wasn't yelling something about your comment.

Slowly, he turns. "Just so you know, my soulmate and I are perfectly fine."