Daisho Suguru - Frustrated

People had warned about his other side.

Your friends. His team players. Everyone who knew him had warned you about it.

But you had shrugged it off, believing that this other side of him couldn't be that bad. I mean, everyone had a dark side that sometimes reveals itself in the worst scenarios.

But you never imagined that your sweet and kind Daisho could actually become like that.

Until now.

*

You were on your way to the classroom, late because your homeroom teacher had held you back, asking to fill some forms as you were the class president.

As you were about to turn the corner, your ears perk as you hear two male voices.

Strange. Everyone should be at class by now.

"Do you understand me?" You hear a voice that you knew too well ask.

You peek, only to see you boyfriend Suguru cornering your friend Haruto. Haruto had a challenging expression on his face while Suguru had threatening and angry one, one you could never imagine that he could have.

"I'm not going to distance myself from (Y/N) just because you're jealous." Haruto says.

"Me, jealous?" Daisho laughs. "I'm the one she's dating, not you."

Even his voice seemed different.

You knew you shouldn't be overhearing. But your body simply didn't move.

"Then why are we having this conversation?" Your friend questions.

"Because I don't like seeing you near her."

"That is (Y/N)'s own decision. I imagine that she doesn't know that you are here talking with me?"

"(Y/N) is mine, got it?" Daisho's voice seemed like a snake. "So step away from her."

"So what?"

"I have a pretty good relationship with my teachers you know? Even with the headmaster. I'm sure that if I just said, oh I don't know, that I saw you bully some kids, you would have some pretty bad consequences, don't you think?"

You eyes widen. You must have heard that wrong. Your caring Daisho couldn't possibly be threatening your friend with lies. He just couldn't.

"You truly are a snake!" Haruto says, losing his temper. "I don't get what she sees in you! Everyone would be better than you!"

"Even you?" Daisho asks in a mocking tone.

"Yes." Haruto says, serious. " You don't deserve her. At least, I know that I could make her happy."

"Too bad you aren't the one she loves. Want me to tell you what we have done together? I'm not sure you're prepared, though."

Before Haruto could say something, you pass the corner, your face red with anger. You move so you are between them, your arms spread out, Haruto behind you.

No one had ever seen you so furious.

"What do you think you're doing, Suguru?!" You yell, not giving the slight concern that there were classes going on.

He seemed so at lost as to where you came from, that he was speechless.

You grab his shirt and make him lean towards you. "Answer me!"

"(Y/N), w-what are you doing here?" He makes a nervous smile. He looked scared.

"How could you threat Haruto like this? With lies." You practically spit the word. "You know how I hate lies!"

"L-Look, it's not what you are thinking-"

"And what did you mean by 'what we did together'? Is there something you're proud you have accomplished? Am I so kind of prize that you just go around bragging for?!" You voice was like a knife, prepared to kill anyone in sight.

"Th-That's not what I meant!" He was starting to panic. "I just wanted-"

"Everyone warned me about this side of you!" Your sadness was starting to kick in. "But I didn't believe them, because of how sweet you were with me. I thought I was treasured and-"

"But I treasure you!" Daisho grabs your hands. "You have no idea how much!"

You make him let go of your hands. "If that was true, you wouldn't go around threatening my friends."

"(Y/N) look, you don't need to be angry," Haruto says, trying to calm you down. "It's not like I'm scared of him or anything."

"That's not the point, Haruto!" You exclaim. You turn back to Daisho. "The point is that my boyfriend is a liar."

"I may not have the best personality, (Y/N)." He assists. "But you make me be the best version of myself. I'm happier with you, I'm better with you!" He tries to touch your cheek but you slap his hand away.

His eyes become sad and you feel your heart ache.

"I love you, (Y/N)." Suguru says, his face serious.

Your breathing fails you. That was the first time he told you that and you feel your heart flutter by his words, wanting to believe that they were true...

But then you remember how you all ended in this situation.

You face becomes emotionless. "Out of all the lies you have said, that was the one that hurt the most." 

(A/N: So I just KNOW that I have heard this sentence somewhere. I don't if it was in a book, a movie, anime or some other thing but I know I have heard. So if any of you know from where this sentence is, I would appreciate if you told me. It's killing me xD)

(EDIT: AFTER 2 YEARS, I FINALLY KNOW WHERE THE SENTENCE IS FROM - IT'S FROM THE BOOK "THE ONE" BY KIERA CASS)

You turn around, grabbing Haruto's arm as you go away, away from Suguru, away from the pain.

Except both followed you.

"(Y/N), please wait! It's the truth! I do love you!"

You feel hot tears at the corner of your eyes.

"Just shu-"

"What the hell is going on here?!" A deep voice asked, and three heads turn in its direction.

A teacher was at a door, glaring at you all, a class peeking to see who was being scolded.

"I'm sorry, professor." You bow. "We were just talking and we got into the moment too much. It won't happen again."

He sighs. "Youth." He rubs his forehead and looks up again, and his eyes soften as he sees one of the boys.

"Oh, Daisho-san, you're here too? So that must mean that it was something important. But please keep the noise down and return to your classrooms as soon as possible."

He closes the door.

You scowl, you eyes hardening.

"(Y/N), please, give me ano-"

"I would appreciate you calling me (L/N), Daisho." It was like he had been physically hurt.

"Don't do that." He murmurs.

"You truly belong to this school with that personality of yours."* You say, you heart aching.

You force your next words to come out of your mouth. "We are breaking up, Daisho. You betrayed my trust. And I can't be with someone that I don't trust."

You turn around and leave, Haruto following behind you, while Daisho just stood there, hurt and defeated.

Also frustrated.

Because the reason he lost you was himself.

*(Hebi = snake)