Kageyama Tobio - Fan

SPOILERS ahead for the last arc of"Haikyuu".

I can't believe it's actually ending. I'm gonna cry.

You rock back and forth on your feet, barely being able to contain your enthusiasm.

You were about to meet your idol, after all. You were so close, your anticipation growing as you see the people getting out of the line, smiles on their faces. It would soon be you.

You had purposely taken the last place in the line so that you could actually talk with him and not bother anyone.

Only two more people and you would talk with him.

Kageyama Tobio.

One more person.

Then the anxiety kicks in. What if he didn't like you? What if he thought you were weird? What if he didn't like the cookies you had made for him? What if he was already too tired to actually have a conversation with you? He had already spoken to a lot of fans after all.

All this doubts made you turn around, ready to leave. Yeah, I can meet him any other day. Yeah, right.

You had taken one step when you hear a voice. "Hmm... Hi?"

You stop, turning around with a nervous smile on your lips. You realize your hands were shaking and you do your best to stop it.

"Hi!" You say loudly before closing your mouth. Don't be so loud, you idiot! "M-My name is (L/N) (Y/N), p-pleased to meet you." You bow, clutching the bag in your hands.

"I'm Kageyama Tobio."

"I know." You blurt out. You blush as you wave your hands in front of you. "I-I mean, of course you are!"

He raises an eyebrow, his eyes scanning you.

He must think I'm an idiot.

You look down, all the questions you had suddenly gone from your mind.

"So... do you like volleyball?" He asks, tilting his head as he looks at you.

"Yes!" You smile brightly, happy that you were actually talking with him. "I always have, ever since I was little."

He really didn't smile but his eyes lit up. "Me too. It's just so awesome."

"Right?" You eyes were twinkling. You decide to tell one of the things you wanted to say. "But I actually had a time when I wasn't really into volleyball." You make a small smile, remembering everything. Kageyama looks at you with a hint of curiosity plastered on his features.

"I think it happened in my last year of middle school. The girl's team wasn't really that good since many of them preferred to go out shopping or date or simply not practice and I just wanted to play volleyball." You clutch your hands. "It made me feel different and I didn't like it. So I decided to be like them. A big mistake, I see that now."

You look back at Kageyama, your hear racing with all the feelings you had felt back then. "But you were the one who made my passion of volleyball return!"

Kageyama blinks, confused. You found it adorable. "Me?"

You nod enthusiastically. "Yes! I have lived in Tokyo my whole life so every time there's a volleyball event I come to watch. Even in that time when I wasn't really into it. I thought that maybe the tournament would change my mind." You smile. "I was here the first time you came to nationals. I was so sad when you lost. I was rooting for your team to be the champions."

Kageyama's eyes widen slightly and his face changes. It seemed like he was remembering everything that had happened during that year.

"Really?" He asks after a few seconds. "It's amusing how you ended up here, talking with me."

"I was so entranced by your plays." You say, your eyes sparkling. "The accuracy, the skill, the ability to detect an opponent and the attacks patterns. It was just amazing! Plus, with that orange-haired guy - Hinata, I think? - the quick attack was just awesome."

Kageyama blushes slightly, not used to be complimented so much. Even more because it was a girl who was doing it.

"I saw just how much you loved volleyball and that made me want to return to it and get a lot better! So, in high school, I applied to girls volleyball team." You look at your side, making a small smile. "And my passion returned. It was so much better than in middle school. I even became a captain and we got to go the national in my final two years of high school."

"Oh, then we must have crossed each other." He seemed like he trying to remember.

You giggle nervously. "Y-Yeah maybe."

You weren't going to tell how you had spied on Kageyama, following him in a certain distance. You still remembered how you friends had made fun of you but you just wanted to see him up close the most tome you could.

And now you were here, years later, speaking with him.

"I'm glad you rediscovered your passion for volleyball." He says, his tone soft.

"Me too." You smile softly.

"Oh, it's true." You extend the bag to him and he takes it. "I made some cookies for you. I hope you enjoy them."

Kageyama stares at the blue bag, feeling a warm feeling inside.

"Would you please sign my volleyball shirt?" You ask, going through your backpack to find it.

"Oh, and this poster? Ah, and can we please take a photo?" You add, looking expectantly at him.

Kageyama blinked again, and he did something that seemed like a small laugh. You feel the strength leaving your body just because of that.

His eyes were gentle when he looked back at you. "Of course."

*

"Bye! And thank you again!" You bow, feeling happy and sad. You wanted to continue chatting but he was tired, although he said nothing.

"You welcome." His eyes seemed like they were shining a bit.

You hold his stare for two more seconds before turning around to leave. 5 steps and you turned your head to him. "Oh, and good luck on your next match!"

Kageyama nods. "I'll make sure I win."

You smile as turn around again, looking for the photo you had taken with him in your gallery.

You knew he really didn't smile in his photos. He had even been interviewed and asked on that topic. Maybe because he was shy or simply because he wasn't used to it. But you needed to have a photographic memory of this day.

Your eyes widen as you look at the photo, your fingers grabbing the phone tightly. You had a bright smile, your whole expression giving away the happiness you were feeling.

But Kageyama was the one that surprised you. The corners of his mouth were curled upwards, his eyes kind, something that you had never seen in matches or interviews.

He was smiling.

You were definitely going to frame the picture.

Then you decided to look at his autograph in the poster.

You were almost fainting. Your heart couldn't handle so much.

He had signed it, his calligraphy a bit sloppy. But at one of the corners of the poster he had written something else.

I hope you can come to my next game. I would like to speak with you more.