Chapter 25: What We Both Wanted

Knock knock

"Come in!" You said as you were in front of the mirror fixing the clothes that you were wearing.

The door of the room that you where staying with Kayano, Kanzaki, and Okuda opened revealing a smirking Karma.

"Good think I didn't walk in on you changing again." The boy said closing the door behind him.

Your [E/C] eye twitched. "Keep it up and I'm kicking you out."

Karma chuckled and flopped down on one of the beds, you sighed and shook your head with a small smile on your face. You sat down next to the relaxed red-head, silents lingered over the two teenagers.

"(Y/N)." Karma softly out, you replied with hum. "I-- I want to tell you something." You turned around to him as he sat up and from the bed, your faces inches away from each other.

"I- "

Bump Bump

"(Y/N), I really li- "

The door creaked opened cutting the boy off mid-sentence. Coming out from behind the door frame Okuda played with the hems of her braid, a bust of blush was spread over her cheeks as she tried to clam down her nerves.

"U-Um, K-Koro-sensei wanted a-all of us o-outside." She stuttered, her eyes avoiding you and Karma.

"Alright, we'll be there in a sec. Thank you Okuda." You spoke. Nodding her head, she left the room and closed the door behind her.

"Let's go before Koro-sensei starts fussing."

"Okay."

Time Skip

"This ocean cavern is the ideal spot. I want everyone to walk through in boy-girl pairs."

Turning to each other, you smiled at Karma. "Partners?"

"Partner." Each grabbing a flashlight, you both prepared to enter the cave.

Turning on the lights you walking in the cave with Karma leading the way. The place was dead silent as no sound was uttered, you decided to break the ice between the two of you.

"Hey Karma, can I ask you question?"

"Sure."

"What's your fear?" You asked the red-head.

The boy stayed quite for a moment before answering. "I'm afraid of not being afraid."

You were confused by this so you stayed silent signaling him to continue.

"After seeing Nagisa defeat Takaoka . . . Honestly I was shocked. I don't mean the fact that took him down, I mean the way he came back after defeating him. He wasn't scared at all, he acted as if nothing had happened. It was the first time I began to think that that's actually the scariest thing." He explained, but he quickly changed the subject. "So what's your fear?"

You hesitated, should you tell him?

"I thought you knew better to trust a complete stranger."

'Karma isn't a complete stranger, besides, I feel safe around him'

"Well, hope you still feel safe when he betrays you."

You sighed not wanting to deal with your other half at the moment.

"I- um, " You took a deep breath. "My fear is blood, but not just any type blood, it's my blood."

"What happened?" He asked.

"S-Somthing bad happened to me when I was a little kid that involved my blood. I'm completely fine when I see other people's blood when I see mine- " You curled your hand into a fist as you felt it slightly shake. "I start hyperventilating and shaking uncontrollably, it gets really bad."