Chapter 30: Happy Birthday . . . Or Not

"I hope she likes it." You said to no one in particular as you made your way up the steep mountain to the run down building that you were very familiar with.

Karma and you (well, more like you) had decided to arrive separately to school. You had gotten Irina a gift for her birthday and wanted to give it to her early in the morning, and Karma not being a morning person didn't want to accompany you and stayed in bed leaving you to go alone.

"And why do you care? Because if I remember correctly, you didn't give her anything on her birthday when we were under her wing. So why now?" Your insanity asked.

"I don't know, just thought that maybe this time I would give her something. A departing give if you may." You shrugged.

Insanity rolled her eyes. "See, you are going soft."

"Giving a gift to someone don't mean I'm going soft." You replied.

"Oh really, I don't see you giving your targets gifts."

"Yeah, because their dead." You let out a tiring sigh. "Look, we're about to arrive at the school and I don't want someone to see me talking to myself and think I'm crazy."

"More?"

"Yes, more."

Entering the school you head towards the teacher's lounge in search for your English professor. A smile appeared on your face once your (E/C) eyes spotted a the blonde woman.

"Professor B*tch." You called out walked up to her.

You extended the small (F/C) colored gift to her, your smile growing from her reaction. Irina's blue orbs widen in surprised, she was taken a back as she stared at the wrapped up box and then at you.

"Happy birthday, Sensei!"

"I-Is that for m-me?" The woman questioned still not believed it.

You nodded happily, your (C/H) hair bouncing at the movement.

"Yep!" You replied popping the 'P'. "Come on, open it!"

Hesitantly taking the box from your hands she unwrapped the gift, a gasped escaped from her pink lips as she took out the present. The gift you had given your teacher was a golden bracelet with her name in cursive.

"How did you- " Irina was too shock to even finish her sentence.

"I had a few bucks saved up. I hope you liked it." You chuckled lightly rubbing the back of your neck in awkwardness.

You let out a small yelped when you were all of a sudden pulled into a hug. Irina wrapped her arms around you into a tight embrace, she felt tears begging to form in her eyes and tried her best to not let them fall. Pulling away she gave you a warm smile.

"This is one of the best gifts that I ever had. Thank you, (Y/N)."

The heart warming scene was cut short by the door sliding open. Your (C/E) eyes clashed with piercing black ones.

"Oh great, it Crapsuma." Your insanity said, you had to bite your tongue to suppress a laugh.

'Good one.'

"Your here early today (Y/N)." The man spoke.

Irina glared at Karasuma, eyeing the male in every little movement he did. Said man noticed this but didn't mention anything.

Not wanting the two to argue you quickly started making your way towards the door.

"Well, I'll see you in class Professor-B*tch. I'm going to go bother Koro-sensei for a bit, bye."