XXI

P S Y C H E

The morning was indeed interesting. I knew from the very moment that they met that there was something, something more than those mean statements thrown at each other. But I never thought that my sister was indeed captivated by my best friend's beauty.

I mean kilala ko si Scythe, her tastes for women are quite shocking. She craves something spicy and exciting.

And for me Sophie isn't one of those words. She's kind, she's good, she's innocent for fucksake. And the way I see her, she's just a little fragile girl who's in need of tender love and care.

They're both important people in my life. And even though Scythe is my sister, I don't trust her enough. She's been hurt so much that it turned her heart into a massive stone. A heart of steel, cold as ice and black as the night. She's the devil that creeps under your bed, feeding you obscene thoughts, giving you lustful desires that are both product of greed and loneliness.

She's that person. And a part of me is saying that she's infatuated with Sophie. Just because she's playing hard to get but as soon as Sophie gives in, she'll dump her like nothing happened.

I saw it before. With lots of women falling for her after their one night encounters. And every one of them gets turned down, no matter who they are or their reputation was.

No one could ever be enough to change her.

Sophie can never be one of her toys. She could fuck all she wants, who ever she wants, but not Sophie. She's too fragile to mess with.

I was disrupted with my train of thoughts as my mother walked beside me and handed me the pipe she had been smoking. As expected, its a black diamond pipe with grounded kush in it.

I sighed as I took the pipe from her as she light it up. I took one heavy puff and exhaled deeply. I looked at my mother, she was wearing her work clothes, most days I look at her with great admiration as she stood up with pride and grace. But now all I coukd see is a worried mother with her eyes warmly gazed at me with sincere concern.

I breathed out heavily as faced her. I passed her the pipe back as she smiled back at me. I could still see that she's worried, I gave her a warm smile as I softly sigh.

"Im not gonna do anything mom. As much as I love my sister, I care for sophie too. You've seen what she has been through with her family and you've witnessed what Scythe could be at her worst times."

She held my waist as her head softly descends on my shoulder. We were standing infront of the garage. Admiring the cars parked outside together with the scenery of the maple trees.