𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 »

❝♛❞

PETER KINGSLEY walked in the wooden door with his arms crossed as his guardian comes out of the room. He sat down in the chair and crossed his right leg over his left, making sure to not let the bandage show under his jeans.

Joe West sat down in the chair across from him, "So, Peter, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

Peter shrugged, focusing his attention on his feet.

Joe sighed, "According to you, what happened at Central City Park today?"

Peter looked Joe dead in the eye, "Lucy sent us to the park and the four of us went. Some guy started harassing us and then the clouds got dark and lightning struck. Guy ran away and we went home."

Joe raised an eyebrow, "That's all?"

Peter nodded, "Yeah,"

"Some other witnesses report seeing the lightning strike right in between you and the other guy."

Peter smirked, "That's not a question."

"Okay," Joe said, "Where did the lightning strike?"

Peter shrugged again, "I don't know, I was too busy trying to dodge a right hook to the eye."

"Would you be able to identify the man if we brought a lineup? What exactly did he do to harass you and your siblings?" Joe asked.

Peter shrugged again. Oh, Joe thought, he's in that teenage stage.

"I don't know, probably. He was drunk, started cussing us out and demanded that the girls got off the swings and Penny started crying. Gen tried to confront him and get him to leave, but he started cussing her out. So I went to try to get him to back off and leave us alone. He shoved me, I shoved him back. And then he started throwing punches. That's when the clouds got darker and the lightning came." Peter explained.

"Can you tell me how you got adopted by Ms. Rathaway?" Joe said, switching topics.

Peter sighed and sat up, "Aspen and I's parents left us and died. We inherited the property, got out of our grandmother's house and lived on there pretending that our aunt was watching us. Then the particle accelerator exploded and the neighborhood did a count of everyone in safety and security measures. We got caught and instead of being put into the foster care system and being separated, Lucy took us in."

"How old were you when you inherited the property and started living in it?"

"Fourteen,"

"And how did you get around?"

"Our grandmother died around the same time, we sold her property and used the money to pay bills, we paid this high school student to drive us, and we were doing all good until the particle accelerator exploded and the HOA decided to make sure everyone was safe and they found there was no aunt."

"You have a misdemeanor in underage gambling. Care to elaborate?"

Peter sighed, "When the money started decreasing, I started watching more of the blackjack and poker games at school. The ones where they just play for fun and pride. Then I would play in the big leagues, I got good at it and I got caught. That was the end of my gambling days. Although, the money gained from that gave us enough time until Lucy took us in."

"Do you enjoy living with Lucy?"

"Yeah, she loves us like we are her own kids. She doesn't have a lot of demands from us. She doesn't make us call her mom, doesn't pressure us into things. She lets us make some bad mistakes so we can learn from them. She's the best family, Aspen and I could ever hope for."

Joe smiled, "That's it, kid. You're free to go and join Lucy. The others will come once they are done. Can you get your little sister for me?"

Peter nodded while stretching his arms, "Yeah,"

Peter stood up as Joe stood up and walked over to the door, once again holding it for Peter to go through while he went over to Aspen and ruffled her brown hair, messing it up in its ribbon headband.

Aspen groaned and immediately flung her hands up to her hair in an attempt to flatten it down.

"Peter!"

Peter chuckled, "Your turn, Aspen. Don't let Joe intimidate you." Peter looked back to the dark-skinned man and shot him a grin as Joe shook his head. God, that boy was just like Barry.

❝♛❞

Anyway, that's going to be all. I will be writing each interrogation piece and then you get to see Lucy at work and some behind the scenes writing with Barry and Joe. Be sure to vote and leave a comment. It lets me know you enjoy the story. And be sure to check out my other book, Freedom, which is a Killian Jones X OC.

❝♛❞