𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN, Iris West, and Joe West walked through the door of the West household and were thoroughly shocked to see the place in an utter mess. Chairs were haphazardly thrown around the room, everything was out of place, and papers littered the floor. Barry looked at Joe who pointed upstairs as he touched towards his holster. Barry nodded and raced upstairs, looking for hints or any signs of who might have done this.

"Wally!" Barry could faintly hear Joe call out as he checked the place and came upon one message on the wall that made his whole body shiver and his heart stopped.

Barry found his voice as he looked at the message on the wall, "Up here!" He yelled, alerting Iris and Joe who was still downstairs, weary of what could be around the corner and looking for any sign of Wally at the same time.

Barry didn't deter his eyes from the menacing message once Joe and Iris came racing upstairs, only less quickly than Barry of course. Their eyes, too, gravitated to the message on the wall.

YOUR SPEED
FOR WALLY
AND ANOTHER

It read in smudged black lettering on the beige wall. And another? Who could that possibly be, Barry thought. From his knowledge, no one was at home with Wally that night and no one was supposed to be. So, who did Zoom take? Cause, this was definitely the work of Zoom.

Who else would want Barry's speed?

Who else would kidnap someone?

Who else didn't like Barry?

Okay, so that last question, the list is pretty long, but that's besides the point. But the decision Barry had to make was an easy one. Sure, he loved being the Flash but family was more important and Wally was family now. And Barry was assuming the "another" was someone else special in his life. Lucy was probably out of the question. Barry prided himself in keeping Lucy and her family away from Zoom so far and he was mostly only Barry around them. Never the Flash. Anyway, he knew only one thing right now. He had to make things right and to do that, he had to sacrifice something that had become a part of his life.

He had to give up his speed.

A few hours later and a few conversations from Caitlin, Cisco, Joe, Iris, and even Harry all trying to figure out different solutions other than the obvious one, Barry stood in the Cortex in his red suit. This would probably be the last time if everything went according to plan. Zoom's plan, that is. He held Ja-Zoom's helmet with the detailed lightning bolts decorating on either side of the metal hat.

"Barry, are you sure?" Cisco asked as he stood across from Barry while holding his vibe glasses.

"I'm sure." Barry reiterated for what felt like the hundredth time. He honestly wanted people to stop asking that same question. Of course, he was going to save his family, even if Wally didn't necessarily like him when they first met. And this other person, he couldn't let an innocent die because he wanted to be selfish and keep his speed. There would be other heroes that would take his place.

Cisco hesitated, "I mean, we don't even know if he'll be able to hear me." He pointed out.

Barry shuffled a few steps forward with the hat stretched out to Cisco, "He'll hear you."

Cisco sighed and put on his vibe goggles before grabbing the hat and hopefully being sucked into whatever Cisco usually went through when he had his vibes. Really Barry had no idea and whenever Cisco would try to explain the experience, Barry could not catch onto a single word.

A few seconds passed before Cisco whispered, "I see him." Everyone around kinda stood alert as another few seconds passed and Cisco continued, "Wally's alive."