𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 »

❝♛❞

LUCY RATHAWAY knocked on the door of the West family home with Penny, Peter, Genevieve, and Aspen behind her, all of them carrying a bag. The door opened, and Lucy smiled at Joe when he appeared behind the door.

He opened his arms giving Lucy a quick small hug, "Hey! Glad you could make it, hun."

Cisco and Caitlin then came into view at the doorway and took the brown reusable bags from the arms of Genevieve and Penny. They all walked inside the house and into the living room where there were many people just casually talking and mingling.

There was Ralph (who Lucy met with Barry), Iris, Hartley, Wally, Cecile (with Jenna), Joanie (Cecile's daughter), Oliver, Felicity, and of course, Barry. He had gone ahead from their shared home together to help Joe and Iris cook, as it was a tradition for the Wests' to do it together each year.

On his way over, Barry placed his half-empty drink on the coffee table before coming to greet Lucy, "Hey Red," He kissed her on the cheek and then moved to take the remainder of the bags in the hands of Aspen and Peter. Barry followed Cisco and Caitlin's steps into the kitchen.

A timer sounded throughout the house and Joe put his hands on Lucy's shoulders, "Uh, that's the timer going off. We thought you weren't going to get here in time." Joe darted into the kitchen.

Iris stood to the middle of the room, "Okay everybody, we are just about to start so let's move into the dining room. Can we get Lucy and Wally into the kitchen, please? Everybody else can take seats."

As everyone moved into the small dining room, Lucy turned to her kids briefly, "Okay, you guys go in and save me a seat, alright?" Genevieve nodded and Penny and Aspen hung off Peter's arms. Insisting on an escort to dinner.

Lucy walked her way into the kitchen, the layout is very familiar with the number of times she had visited when Barry moved back home briefly. That was early in their relationship, the time before they decided that Barry would move in. Or more really like being scared to ask the kids, but their responses were very much supportive. Peter was just glad for another guy in the house (being surrounded by girls all the time was not ideal), Penny loving that now she had her Science helper 24/7 (like at 2 am), and Genevieve loving the fact that Lucy was dating just in general.

And Aspen, well, she was just Aspen. Happy and into that stage in her childhood where she dreamed of romance and finding her true love (or she just watched way too much Once Upon A Time).

"What can I help with?" Lucy asked as she approached Joe, Barry, Wally, and Iris.

Joe smiled at Lucy, "Just getting everything ready. It's a West tradition that everybody in the West family is in the kitchen before the turkey gets cut."

Lucy and Barry blushed. "But I'm not a West," Lucy pointed out. Iris nudged Barry and he blushed even harder.

Joe went to open the reusable bags that Lucy brought, "That's just because Bare hasn't plucked up the courage, and besides, you brought food," Joe joked, "Now, what did you bring?"

With the subject change, Lucy hurried over to help as she unloaded some containers into the waiting arms of Barry, Iris, and Wally.

"Some of the famous Rathaway gravy, literally the only thing that we didn't buy from the store when I was little, at least when Delmonico's wasn't open," The container made its way into Wally's right hand, while the other hand grabbed a small pitcher for it. Barry grabbed the turkey from where it was resting. Joe had established a new rule ever since Barry got his super-speed, no powers in the kitchen. He wanted a genuine West Thanksgiving where everyone did their part. That and Barry learned the hard way that whatever warm food he ran with, quickly became cold.

Lucy pulled out another container, "Aspen's famous cranberry sauce," That made it into Iris' hands.

The last containers went to Joe as they were just some extra stuffing, fried rice and stuffing, mac and cheese, and some mashed potatoes. Joe had supplied the turkey, ham, casseroles, and the various pies. As well as Grandma Ester's famous cocktails.

As they scrambled around the kitchen, everyone came to a stop finally. Joe clapped his hands, "Okay, grab a dish and everyone to the table." They all filed into the dining room, placing dishes on the table and everyone sat down.

Joe next to Cecile, who was entertaining a happy Jenna. Next to Cecile was her other daughter Joanie. Then next to Joanie was Wally. Iris was next to Wally and Felicity next to Iris. Oliver sat next to his girlfriend, with Barry to the other side of him. Of course, Lucy sat next to him (it was the seat that was saved for her by Peter). Then it went Hartley, Genevieve, Peter, Aspen, and Penny. Cisco was seated next to Penny, his BFOS (best friends over science), with Caitlin next to him and Ralph who ended the table circulation. Of course, the usual table wasn't big enough for everyone so Cisco pulled a large circular table from one of Dante's old dinner parties and that's what they were all seated around.

All the various Wells celebrated with their own families (Harry) or simply couldn't make it (Sherloque) so they did not join the Wests at the dinner table. With Barry saying the grace, he was sure to mention all the fallen people who they all wished could have been at the table, HR, the bus metas, his mom and dad, and the rest of the fallen comrades and or friends he had made. Although, he also mentioned that he was thankful for the people that did come into his life. Lucy (he kissed their connected hands), her kids, Ralph, and everything he had known as the Flash.

After the grace, they all dug in, passing plates around the table and filling their own. Barry was in the middle of eating the wonderful turkey and gravy when Cisco's watch beeped at the table. He checked it with his mouth full of mashed potatoes.

He swallowed before speaking, "Barry, there's a fire on 34th, some guy burnt the turkey and tried running outside to put it out, the flames caught to the rest of the inside,"

Barry sighed, pecked Lucy's lips and speed out of the house, coming back moments later.

As he sat down, it was Lucy who kissed him this time.

"I love you, Mr. Allen,"

"I love you, soon to be Mrs. Allen," 

As he saw his girlfriend's confused face, Barry left his chair and got down on one knee, "Will you marry me?"

❝♛❞

Okay. Three updates in a week! I hope you guys liked this taste of what is to come in the future, I didn't exactly put this is a certain time period within the show like I do my other chapters, but who cares right? Anyway, let me know if you want me to write a Holiday Special as well in December. Be sure to vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter. Check out my conversations tab to check out any updates.

Be sure to keep leaving questions for the Q&A at the end of the season.

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who is celebrating today.

❝♛❞