𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 »

❝♛❞

PETER RATHAWAY stayed quiet in the girls' room. Genevieve was still out in the living room, probably reading a book or doodling in her own sketchbook. Penny was already asleep, but next to Lucy's side as Lucy watched her crime shows. And Aspen had just fallen asleep to Peter reading to her.

He sighed and looked out the window. Lucy had made sure he was never in his room with the door locked again and had this time called in a favor from Joe who installed a motion sensor outside his window so Lucy would know when Peter climbed out in an attempt to escape. Although, Peter did use a phone bug he bought from one of his tech friends at school and placed it in Joe's phone to not only hear phone calls from Barry, but also use the microphone installment on his phone to hear what was around him.

His friend also helped him hook it up so it was only the conversations around STAR Labs, unfortunately, Peter made that choice too late when he heard him singing in the shower. That was traumatizing.

Peter was also still grounded, though his sentence was lessened after he convinced Lila not to turn his whole family in after he told her the truth. Her brother didn't even know. And Peter trusted Lila enough to keep her mouth shut.

But, the bug on Joe's phone led Peter to find out that Barry was planning to take down Atom Smasher, the guy that Cisco appropriately named. Now was the moment of truth to find out if he could somehow get to the radiation plant. Peter didn't take his eyes off his sister as he plied the window open and climbed out of it slowly and carefully, then closing the window back shut and ducking underneath the window sill.

From there, Peter pulled the hoodie over his head, grabbed his skateboard that he hid in the bushes outside the house and punched in the address of the plant into his phone, finding the fastest directions. Peter had never skated so harder in his life, for once he was thankful that Lucy owned that shoe store and got Peter the strongest soles in existence.

If he had worn any other shoes, Peter probably would have worn a hole through the bottom. When Peter reached the plant, he rejoiced. Barry wasn't there yet and the plant was still running smoothly so that meant that they hadn't gotten there yet. Peter stored his skateboard at one of the edges of the wall, in the dark so it wasn't noticeable and then took off his hoodie as well. He went and hid in the capsule at the end of the plant and waited until he heard the zooming sound right outside the entrance to said capsule room.

Peter peeked his head out the entranceway and whispered, "Barry!"

Barry turned around and groaned as he saw Peter, "Peter! What are you doing here? Where is Lucy?"

"I'm here to help," Peter stated, ignoring his other question.

"Oh my god, Lucy's gonna kill me when she finds out. She's gonna kill both of us. Get out of there!" Barry panicked. The last thing he wanted was for Peter to get hurt and Lucy to kill him. Painfully he might add.

Before ether person could say anything, a crash rang through the plant as Atom Smasher smashed through the front wall, leaving rubble around the floor.

Peter then turned his whole body and stood up, then waving his hands and lighting fireballs in them.

"Over here! Hey! You big metalhead, over here!" Peter started yelling, getting Atom Smasher's attention and riling him up. Barry then had to back up into the capsule with Peter as Atom Smasher ran right to them and there was nowhere to go.

Peter gulped back a big breath of air and his fireballs dimmed out of existence as Atom Smasher came into the capsule with them.

"Didn't think I could catch you, huh?" The giant man asked tauntingly. Barry backed away as far as he could and ushered Peter behind him, getting a grip on his arm.

Barry shook his head, looking up at the man, "No, I knew you could. Now Cisco." Peter looked at Barry confused, he did not know nor catch this part of the plan from the conversations, but then again he stopped listening after learning where it was going down and the basics of the plan.

The door of the open hatched capsule started to close and Peter felt all the blood rush out of his head until Barry grabbed him roughly and ran him under the closing door, leaving Atom Smasher inside the capsule which was being flooded with all the radiation. That was the part that Peter did hear. Who knew there was more to the plan, right?

Barry and Peter watched as Atom Smasher tried to absorb all the radiation and shrunk with the increasing power, draining the entire capsule and leaving him on the floor, dying. Peter had to turn away from the sight of Barry and him talking in the capsule and slowly walked away to where his skateboard and hoodie were to escape.

Peter groaned very loudly as he saw Lucy standing there holding his hoodie and skateboard. Joe stood next to her.

"Thought you were gonna get away with it?" Barry asked from standing behind Peter, making him groan again.

Joe chuckled, "You do not know how many times Barry escaped when trying to see his father,"

Lucy cleared her throat, "Joe here was kind enough to call me after Barry revealed that you snuck out over comms," Lucy pointed to her ear and Peter swore internally on why he didn't think of that.

"But the funny thing was that Genevieve could hear something from your room and that was the exact conversation that I was having with Joe and come to find out that you bugged his phone," Lucy explained.

Lucy then continued in a calm, angry tone, one that Peter has heard way too much in his lifetime, "Good thing Cisco removed that while Joe was still at STAR Labs, but Cisco also helped Joe modify an ankle monitor just for you, so not only will it allow me to find out where you are, but when you use your powers. And Cisco was just kind enough to make it so you can't burn it off either unless you want to burn your skin off at the same time."

Joe then tossed said ankle monitor to Barry who snapped it around Peter's leg.

"Come on, Peter. We are going home and having a little chat on what is going to be allowed and what isn't," Lucy gestured to Peter to walk in front of her and waved at Joe and Barry who stood beside each other.

"Thanks, Joe, Barry," Lucy said and watched as Barry swiped his brow playfully, fully aware she heard him say that she was going to kill him.

Peter stumbled with the uneven and bulky weight on his left leg. There was no way he could skateboard with his leg like this.

Lucy clapped a hand on his shoulder and looked at the bulkiness of the ankle monitor.

"Don't worry, Peter. Aspen promised she would decorate it in the morning,"

❝♛❞

So, uh, Peter is always in trouble. I think this season his causes for being in trouble are driven by a different source now. More like survivor's guilt. Also, I won't lie, I did not get this up on my time Wednesday. It is 1:23 a.m. and it wasn't like it wasn't ready or done. I legit just forgot to post.

Anyway, be sure to comment and vote if you enjoyed the chapter and I hope all of you are safe!

❝♛❞