𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 »

❝♛❞

LUCY RATHAWAY groaned as she heard the creaking of her bedroom door. They really needed to get those hinges replaced, but it's kinda hard to do when most of your time is spent helping the Flash. Even if the crime rate has lessened significantly.

"Wake up! Wake up!" Lucy heard a little voice squeal, "It's Christmas! Christmas!"

Lucy peeked open her eyes and squinted to see Aspen and Penny giggling in their Christmas PJs. Last night when everybody opened their early Christmas Eve present, Lucy had gotten everybody matching Christmas pajamas for everyone. And oh, did Lucy mean everyone.

After seeing the smiling, exciting bundles of Aspen and Penny, Lucy also glanced over to Barry who was slowly waking up, also wearing his own matching Christmas pajamas. He groaned as Penny moved over to wake him up, bouncing on top of him. The kids were definitely not scared to be rough with Barry. You know, since his whole healing factor didn't really aim to leave lots of bruises or sore spots.

Lucy chuckled tiredly, "Okay, okay. We're getting up. Just, what time is it?"

Then there was another laugh from the doorway, it was Peter holding two cups. One with coffee and one with, what Barry would say, is pure sugar with no coffee left. It wasn't Lucy's fault that she preferred some creamer.

Peter walked over and set down one of the cups on Lucy's nightstand, "It's five a.m,"

Barry lifted his head only to groan at the information and plopped himself back into his pillow. Lucy laughed and grabbed the cup of coffee, taking a sip before rolling her legs out of the bed.

"Okay, let's go." As the kids ran out the door and into the living room, Lucy glanced back at Barry who was still on the bed, "The last one in the living room makes breakfast," Lucy announced in a sing-song voice as she closed the door.

That got Barry out of bed and rushing into the hallway only to be stopped by a strong force of wind being pushed at him, making him stop running and slowly pushing him back. Barry watched Lucy desperately as she raised her hand and walked to the living room. It's not like making breakfast for the Rathaway nee Allen household was bad, but there are four kids in the house. Growing kids and boy did Peter eat a lot.

Hartley was already in the living room, and also in matching pajamas. It took a while for Barry and Hartley to warm up to each other, but Barry worked on their relationship a lot after he bought the ring to propose. He knew that Lucy didn't exactly want her father's permission, but Hartley did mean a lot to her and now, they had a good relationship all around.

Lucy crossed over into the living room triumphantly and put down her hand, only a split second later was when Barry appeared right next to her. She smiled up at him as he sighed playfully and rushed off into the kitchen, breakfast slowly appearing on the table every item a few seconds behind the other.

It was a Rathaway tradition for breakfast to be a bit unconventional. Growing up, Lucy and Hartley's parents were working on Christmas so Lucy always ordered breakfast from a small diner a few blocks away and set it up on the table. But Hartley was always so impatient wanting to open presents and all so they combined the two so as they opened presents they could also grab food and eat it.

When Lucy told Barry about it one late night in bed, he promised her that they would do it again. And ever since that night he kept to his promise and tradition aside, it was pretty convenient.

As breakfast was set on the dining table, Genevieve and Peter got up and starting filling their plates, but Aspen and Penny were far too excited to move from their place right in front of the tree. Hartley already made himself a plate and sat down content in his own chair.