𝚝𝚎𝚗 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN was having a tough day. He leaves Penny unsupervised and comes back to find her being held at gunpoint. He skips lunch to help Penny and to make up for the time lost. Patty nearly already tells the receptionist that Penny has powers. Barry then turned down Patty's dinner offer which was super awkward. Barry ends up getting called as the Flash and gets blinded. And to top it all off, he somehow had to figure out how to get Penny's research book back to her.

Barry guessed that she accidentally left it since it was under the table they were working on. And he already texted Lucy that he would come and drop it off so she wouldn't have to leave the shop early and close it. Well, he texted her before he got blinded by Linda's look-a-like from Earth-2.

So he got an Uber to take him to the Rathaway Residence, assuming that the driver didn't take him to the wrong place, and awkwardly handed her the cash hopefully in the vicinity of her hand and not her ear.

"Barry?" A voice called out as Barry stood outside of the car. Yes, he did come up with an idea to not hurt himself to bring the book to Lucy's, but he did not make a plan to get inside the house. Especially since he knew they had a raised porch with stairs.

Barry tried his best to look in the direction of the voice, "What? P-Peter?" He asked. He really did not want to get this voice wrong, but it truly did sound masculine. So either it was Peter or he insulted one of Lucy's children.

"Yeah,"  Peter said. Barry could only imagine that he was nodding his head, "Are-Are you okay, Barry? You seem off,"

Barry rubbed the back of his neck and he could feel the heat rise to his cheeks, "I, uh, can't see right now and I just, um, wanted to give Penny's book back. She left it at the station,"

"What do you mean you can't see?" Peter asked, but before Barry could answer Peter gasped, "Did a villain do this? Like took your sight? Did they use their powers? Or maybe-"

Barry interrupted Peter before he could ramble on, "Yes, a villain did this. They blinded me with extreme light and now I can't see,"

"Cool," Peter murmured to himself.

"Peter Kingsley!" Another voice, this one younger, shouted, "Did you just say that Barry being blind is cool?"

Peter grumbled, "Aspen, why are you even outside?"

So this was Aspen, Barry thought. He never had really met her other than the time at S.T.A.R Labs where she was in the elevator. Lucy had mentioned that Aspen and Peter were biological siblings.

"Cause you were taking forever to get the mail and Lucy sent me out to get you," Aspen explained in a teasing tone that Barry and Iris talked to each other in all the time, "Lucy! Barry's here and can't see!" She shouted.

Then Barry started sweating, uh oh. He thought Lucy was at the shop, at least that was the case the last time he checked his texts. Granted that was hours ago by now and he had felt a few vibrations in his pocket since then so it was very possible that Lucy had texted him.

"No, no, no! You don't have to get her, I was just gonna drop off this book that Penny left!" Barry started saying to the siblings, probably staring in the wrong direction.

"Oh my god, Barry, what happened to you?" Lucy's voice asked.

"Oh, I'm fine," Barry tried to convince, "Yeah, I got whammied by this person who temporarily blinded me, but I still wanted to drop off this book to Penny," he explained while hearing footsteps leading back inside the house. He guessed that Aspen and Peter left.

"Barry, you need to stay here. You're gonna get hurt if you go out. Just stay here until you start to get your vision back," Lucy offered.

"I can just take my Uber back," Barry replied.

"What uber?" Lucy countered.

Damnit, Barry paid them extra to drive him home, but they drove off.

"I can text Cisco to give me a ride,"

"With the phone that you can't see,"

"I can get Siri to send the message,"

"Barry, you told me that you have Siri turned off cause you thought she would listen to every conversation you have,"

"I'm not winning this, am I?"

"Nope,"

"Okay, then can you help me inside?"

Barry heard Lucy laugh loudly and walk down some steps.

"Okay, Barry. I'm about to take your arm and link ours together," Lucy warned before she reached out and did just that. She led him a few feet very slowly.

"Get ready for a step," He stepped.

"Step," He stepped again.

"Step again," Step after step.

"And the last step,"

Then Lucy led him through a doorway, going in first before leading Barry through as well. She sat him down on what felt like a couch and let go of his arm.

"I'm going to get you some leftovers for dinner and warm it up for you," Lucy stated before walking away.

Then Barry felt the cushion next to him sink and a familiar voice, "Hi Barry!"

It was Penny. The very person that Barry even came here for.

"Hey, Pen. You left a book at the station and I came here to return it, it's right he-"

Uh, oh. Barry was so busy trying to think of a plan to get here that he forgot the frickin' book. Barry's face flushed and he put his head in his hands.

"God, Pen. I'm sorry, I guess that I, uh, forgot it,"

"What book?" Penny asked in a confused tone.

"The-The-The book that was under the table. It was something about, uh, the properties of Genetics or something like that,"

"I don't own that book," Penny replied.

"I do," Lucy's voice rang through the air while coming closer and closer, taking Barry's hand in hers, giving him a bowl, "Here I got a club sandwich in a bowl for you. I tried to find something that you wouldn't have to use any utensils for and I settled on finger food. You should be able to feel around for it, but let me know if you need any help,"

"Wait, you own the book?" Barry asked while holding the bowl. He didn't even try to hide his surprise. For all Barry knew, Lucy got a business degree and was the reason Barry helped Penny with her science when she needed help.

"Yeah, I've been learning some science-y stuff so you wouldn't have to take time out of your day to help Penny. I mean, you got your job and being the Flash," Lucy explained.

Barry held his hand over Lucy's and squeezed, "Lucy you don't have to do that, I love spending time with her and we're friends, don't worry about it,"

"Thanks, Barry,"

"No problem,"

"And Barry?"

"Yeah,"

"Can you take your hand off my bicep?"

"So that's why your fingers felt strange!"

❝♛❞

Okay! So I have some exciting news, I entered an award thing here on Wattpad with this book, so you can vote (only if you want to) for my book on the CW Awards that -despressos and Healer9999 is holding on despressos' profile so go check out their book on that and maybe vote for 216 on the Arrowverse shows tab. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! This is just a fluffy funny filler with Lucy and Barry. What should their ship name be?

❝♛❞