𝚘𝚗𝚎 »

❝♛❞

PETER KINGSLEY cracked his door open and peered into the hallway. It was dark and there wasn't a peep coming from the room across the hallway (the girl's room) or from Lucy's room down the hall, although the light was on.

He crept down the hallway avoiding the certain wood planks that he knew by experience would make the loudest noise and when he made it into the living room, Peter let out the breath that he was holding.

Then the light turned on.

"Why are you sneaking out?" Lucy's voice asked from the right of Peter. There she was, in her bathrobe with a book, like she was expecting Peter.

"I wasn't," Peter stated and then turned around to go back to his room.

Lucy lept up from her spot on the couch and tugged Peter's black hood down from his head, "Oh really? Cause it sure looks that way to me."

Peter swatted Lucy's hand away and sighed, "I was cold,"

Lucy scoffed, "Sure, yeah, sure. The guy with heat and fire powers was cold." Lucy grabbed Peter by the shoulders and tugged him back into the living room, "Peter, I know you. You normally run hot and literally the only reason you own hoodies is so Aspen can steal them,"

"You don't know me," Peter stated and shrugged off Lucy's hands, but she persisted. "Now where's Genevieve and Aspen? Are they hiding behind the couch or waiting in their rooms."

Lucy went to answer, but Peter cut her off again, "Or even better, did you take in another misfit kid with invisibility powers? Well, I guess that makes up the Incredibles Family now that you invited Barry into this family." Peter replied in a taunting tone.

"Peter," Lucy replied in her parent tone, her eyes were blazing with fire pooling in them, "Don't you dare. I know you were sneaking out and I know you don't mean to backtalk to me, but you better stop trying to walk right out of this house and risk your life on the streets with petty criminals."

"What happened? Can't we just talk about it? If you don't want to talk to me, just talk to someone. Please. This is getting out of hand. You go out day and night ever since the black hole trying to find criminals. When is this going to stop? One minute you might be the hero, yeah, congrats. But the next you could be lying on the street in an alleyway alone with a bullet through your ribs and then what?" Lucy demanded.

Peter spit back, "Well at least I'm actually doing something with my powers. I'm not doing nothing with them like you and Genevieve and Penny and Aspen. I can make a change with what I was given! Out of all the people in Central City, we were chosen to have these powers! And you just sit in your shoe store all day and flirt with a guy that you'll never ask out!"

"Peter!" a voice called out from the hallway. Genevieve stood there in the hallway with Aspen and Penny hiding behind her. Aspen had hurt in her eyes while Penny's were actually watering. She was scared of him.

"You should be grateful! You have a lovely home, with a lovely family, and the duty that you are trying so desperately to fulfill is not yours to do so! You are a kid, not even eight-teen and there are so many ways you could change the world and spending time in the streets praying for crime to happen is not one of them! Yes, we have powers, but we are not entitled to saving the world! Think about the Mardon brothers or the Reverse Flash."

Peter's attention went from the blonde-haired girl to the brunette behind Genevieve, "Asp?" He called out.

Aspen shook her head into Genevieve's form and went around the blonde, then avoiding Peter and went to hug Lucy who bent down to calm the child down.