𝚝𝚠𝚘 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN nervously splashed water on his face in the bathroom suite of Lucy's room. Well, his room too apparently.

Barry had found out that he and Lucy had been dating for seven months so far and had moved in with each other (aka, Barry moved in with Lucy). And as couples do, they usually sleep in the same bed. Completely normal, right? Yeah for couples who have been dating for seven months, but Barry had only been officially dating Lucy for not even an entire day!

He didn't even know if he and Lucy had done... it.

And he wasn't going to ask either. How would he even do it? Just casually bring up a conversation about sex and ask if they have done it. On one hand, Barry could be in big trouble if they have had sex and he didn't remember it and on the other hand, Barry could be in big trouble if they had already decided to wait on it.

So it was a lose-lose for Barry.

"Barry?" Lucy voiced from the other side of the door included with a knock, "Are you okay in there?"

"Yes!" Barry shouted as he shut off the faucet and grabbed his handtowel (they had their own designated towels) to wipe off the water on his face. Barry coughed over his eagerness to answer, "Yes." He said more calmly.

God, there were just so many things Barry didn't know about that he should in this moment.

Which side of the bed was he supposed to sleep on?

Did they spoon?

Do they fall asleep facing each other or away from each other?

Does Lucy mind if Barry has the nightstand lamp on while he reads?

Do they talk while they try to fall asleep?

Do they share a good night kiss?

Have they said the L word to each other yet?

Barry shook himself out of his mind and stared into the mirror. "You got this, you can do this Barry."

Then he saw the sweat stains around his armpits and the food stains from when he stress ate after hearing all the changes. Barry sighed as he stripped off his shirt and wadded it in his hand, deciding to instead just go out and grab another shirt (from his designated drawer space in the small closet).

"Hey, I got water on my shirt while I was brushing my teeth so I just need a new shirt," Barry explained while coming out of the bathroom, shirtless.

Lucy was sitting up in bed, covers tucked up until her stomach, with her computer on her lap. Her eyes didn't stray towards Barry as she rapidly typed, "Why don't you just sleep shirtless? It's not like you haven't before and you told me you exert too much heat at night to sleep in a shirt."

Barry blushed and threw his shirt into the hamper (shared hamper, that it) and walked over to the opposite side of the bed Lucy was on, she was on the right, and climbed in carefully. Also making sure that there was still some space between them as they sat in bed, Barry not really knowing what to do.

"Uh, Barry?" Lucy asked while looking away from her screen.

"Y-Yeah?" Barry responded while fiddling with the duvet cover.

Lucy pointed towards the end of the bed, "Your foot is phasing through the sheets."

Barry yelped at the sight of his foot, indeed sticking out while vibrating very quickly. Then as he panicked, the vibrating got quicker and suddenly his foot fell through the bed and phased under the bed.

"Oh my god!" Lucy freaked out as Barry tried to keep his leg vibrating so it wouldn't get sliced by the bed frame and mattress. Lucy slapped her laptop shut and shoved it onto the nightstand.

Lucy started reaching out to Barry and then decided against it, "What are you doing?" She yelled, "Lift your leg up!" She shouted as Barry felt his foot now make contact with the floor.

Barry nodded at the instruction and tried lifting his leg. But it was the wrong leg, the leg that wasn't phasing through the bed and was perfectly fine under the covers.

"The other foot, Barry!" Lucy pointed out.

"Right!" And then Barry used both of his hands to lift his pajama pant vibrating leg from through the bed and then everything was calm and silent as both of their heart rates slowed down.

A few moments passed until both Lucy and Barry started laughing hysterically. The only thing that stopped them when Lucy banged the back of her head on the headboard, making a hollow sound ring out.

Lucy, while still laughed, reached for the back of her head, "Ow!" she shouted between chuckles.

Barry turned his body in the bed and leaned closer towards Lucy, reaching for the back of her head and covering her hand with his comfortingly (all the while shirtless, not that Barry noticed that anymore).

"Are you okay, babe?" He asked without realizing the use of a petname. Barry still had a smile on his face but the laughing had trailed off.

Lucy nodded, a smile still on her face as well. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm okay." Lucy confirmed, "You know, you were acting really weird today. I thought something was up with you and you weren't telling me something." She informed.

Barry's breath caught in his throat as he scrambled his brain for any excuse that he could pass off. He didn't want anyone to know about what happened in Flashpoint or if anything changed or not. Barry especially didn't want to tell Lucy that Peter was killed in the other timeline and Genevieve wasn't in a coma.

Then Lucy put a hand on Barry's chest and smiled widely at him, "Until this moment, that is. I know you were weary with moving in and everything, but me and the kids really enjoy having you around here now. I love you." Then Lucy gave Barry a sweet but quick goodnight kiss before moving to turn out her lamp on the nightstand.

Barry smiled widely before turning out his lamp too and repeating a phrase that he felt earlier he would have to say out of the need to show that everything was normal in this timeline, but he meant every word.

"I love you too."

❝♛❞

Okay, you guys got a taste of shirtless Barry and honestly, I felt kinda weird after writing this chapter. It's kinda just more saucy than any chapter I've written even though it's not even that saucy. Anyway, I hope you liked this fun chapter that's more of a filler and an establisher for their relationship.

If you enjoyed the chapter, please consider voting and or commenting because seeing the love makes me feel warm. 

❝♛❞