𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 »

❝♛❞

LUCY RATHAWAY unlocked the front door and waltzed inside. She just finished with Barry and the whole Doctor Light debacle and Barry sped her away from the docks. And yes, she had another nasty looking bruise on her hip. One to pair with the one on her face, and she already heard that from her kids when she came home for dinner.

Immediately after putting her keys in the bowl next to the door, Lucy headed towards the kitchen connected to the family room. She opened the freezer door to grab an ice pack, placing it on her sore hip. But, when she closed the door, she saw a face sitting on the couch, looking at her.

"Peter?" Lucy asked the brown-haired boy sitting with his hands intertwined, "What are you doing in here?"

For Peter and Genevieve, Lucy knew it was pointless setting a strict curfew. They were both Juniors in high school and they had a lot of homework. Setting a curfew just rushed that homework and their grades during that experimental time reflected that. They just knew not to stay up for pointless things, which was easier said than done on Peter's part. But, the good thing is that Peter needed at least six hours of sleep to function or he could barely comprehend opening a door. So, Peter did go to sleep when he needed to. Especially since they usually wake up at six.

At least the older kids do. There were only two and a half bathrooms and of course, all the kids liked taking morning showers, so they worked out a system for Genevieve and Peter to wake up early to take a shower and then Aspen and Penny a little later to take their showers.

"Why were you out?" Peter asked.

"I already told you," Lucy said while getting a nice, cold glass of water, "I was helping Barry and Cisco with something. It took a few hours. Did Pen and Asp get to bed on time?" She asked, changing the subject. She really did not want to get into this whole power business again with Peter.

Peter nodded, "Yeah, they did. Gen put them to bed before going to the bathroom to study for her AP Chem test. So, uh, what were you doing for Barry?" He asked changing the subject back.

It wasn't odd for Genevieve to hide away into the bathroom and in the bathtub to study or do homework. None of the kids even took night showers so the bathtub was nice and dry and Genevieve did have to share her room with two younger girls, who usually went to bed earlier than Genevieve.

Lucy shrugged, not making a big deal of it, "I just needed to help them fool this guy they've been trying to avoid,"

"And did that mean using your powers?" Peter said, finally getting to his point.

Lucy sighed, "Yes, it does Peter. But I don't know how that has anything to do with you," Lucy wasn't going to lie to Peter. That was a bad example, and just because Lucy didn't want to talk to Peter about their powers, again, didn't mean she wouldn't if she couldn't avoid it.

Peter sighed and stood up, "But it does involve me! Because you're making me wear this freakin' thing!" He gestured to his power monitor, "While you go off and use your powers when you tell us all the time that using our powers is dangerous!" Peter started yelling.

Lucy took a deep breath, "Peter, be quiet. You said Genevieve is studying and Aspen and Penny are already asleep."

Peter huffed and crossed his arms, but didn't say a word.

"The difference between you and me is that I'm an adult! I am old enough to not make rash decisions based on puberty and hormonal fluctuations. You are living under my roof, which means that you do what I say and that I can make some decisions for you." Lucy laid down familiar statements once again.

Then Lucy switched to a pleading tone, "Peter, I understand you have survivor's guilt with Ronnie and you think you could have helped, but you couldn't have. You can't fly and you barely can keep your powers under check with your emotions! Just drop it, Peter. Actually think about this."

Peter's face got red and flushed up, "You know what? I didn't even want to come live with you! I didn't want to live under your roof, I was doing just fine and I was taking care of Aspen just fine without you in our lives!" Peter shouted.

Peter saw hurt flash through Lucy's eyes as his words cut deep into her skin. But, he was far too mad to actually care what his words were doing, so he kept going.

"I don't know why I have to live here when I can take care of myself! No one even cared until that stupid Particle Accelerator and it ruined my whole life! I live with you and you control my whole life! I can't go out! I can't use my powers! You've ruined my life and I wish I was living back alone with Aspen! Without you without your stupid rules! You'll never be like a mother and you suck at it!" He yelled.

Lucy tensed up and her body hardened a lot, "I know I'm not your mother, but I sure as hell care about you like one. I care about you and Genevieve and Penny and Aspen and every kid out there that's been through everything you have been through! I know you'll come to regret what you're saying and I know your anger is blinding you right now which proves my point even further." Lucy pointed to where Peter's feet connected with the carpet.

Peter looked down to see singe marks as he picked up his shoe covered feet. The bottom of his soles was completely messed up and the carpet had a bit of smoke rising from the black, burnt fibers.

His face, though seemingly impossible, got even redder and the flush moved down to his neck. Peter stormed off and went into his room, nearly slamming the door before Genevieve came around the bend of the hallway and gently closed it with her powers.

Lucy sighed into her hand, using her powers to put the ice pack back into the freezer door which she opened her with hand.

"You know Peter didn't mean that, right?" Genevieve asked tentatively. She was leaning against the hallway that entered into the open concept living room and kitchen.

Lucy gave Genevieve a small smile, "Yeah, I know. It still hurts."

Genevieve nodded and then stayed quiet for a little while before speaking again, "I think Peter's talking to Lila right now. That usually calms him down."

Lucy smiled, a genuine one this time. "Tell me this, are they more than friends?" She asked, slyly.

Genevieve snorted.

"You know he's just waiting to not be grounded to ask her out,"

❝♛❞

So yeah. Just a filler chapter with some Peter being a brat, but what's new, right? But I'm really curious, who is your favorite out of the children? That being Peter, Genevieve, Aspen, and Penny. And who do you want to see more of?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider leaving a vote and or a comment!

ps. I did a major google drive organization and it feels good

❝♛❞