𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 »

❝♛❞

GENEVIEVE CARR handed over the money to the man at the small cart that was selling red and yellow colored cotton candy for Flash Day. She was surprised to see how many people and businesses had turned up for the event, but then again, Barry did save the whole city and probably the whole world from being swallowed up in a black hole.

Okay so maybe Genevieve shouldn't be too surprised.

Lucy had sent her over to get some snacks and candy to bring back to their own booth for the shoe store. Barry gave her hell when he found the stash of flash themed shoes in the back room that Lucy had custom made just for Flash Day. It was a good business opportunity and so far, they had gotten a ton of customers buying them, even though their booth was quite a bit away from the main stage.

Lucy, Aspen, Penny, and Genevieve were all sporting their own pair while Peter refused to look "geeky" as he called it before he went to meet up with Lila. Aspen and Penny were helping model the shoes and when they requested some food, they manded the cash register, while Genevieve grabbed some money and now was on the hunt for some food.

Genevieve thanked the man who took the five dollars she gave him and she turned around to walk back through the crowd. Genevieve walked through the crowd and bumped into a man with a seemingly permanent scowl on his face. He wore a brown tank top and some pretty standard jeans.

Genevieve squeaked and dropped the three cotton candies that she had been juggling in her hands. If Lucy would have been there, she MAY have frowned upon what Genevieve did next, but Genevieve was not about to wait in that long line again for more cotton candy so she used her powers to, let's say, slow down the effects of gravity.

But it wasn't enough to have the most perfect looking cotton candy fall to the ground and touch the grimy and dirty pavement. Genevieve huffed at the fallen comrade and scoffed as the man who bumped into Genevieve in the first place stepped on the red and yellow sugar confection.

Genevieve rolled her eyes and started making her way through the crowd once more, this time nearly clutching the candies to herself.

"There you are!" Aspen shouted when she spotted her older sister. She jumped off the container of shoes that she was sitting on and waited with her hands outstretched.

Then Aspen frowned, "I thought you were getting three?" She asked.

Genevieve gave Aspen a small smile, "Some guy bumped into me and stepped on one of them."

Aspen shrugged and took the candy from Genevieve's right hand, "That's fine. I can share with Penny and you can share with Lucy,"

"What about Peter?" Lucy asked with a teasing smile on her lips while she handed back some change to a lady and her son and thanked them.

Aspen stuck her tongue out, "Peter's out with his girlfriend. He can buy his own cotton candy."

Lucy bit back a laugh. Aspen was jealous of Lila, well, more like taking up more and more of Peter's time. Even if hanging out with Lila did control Peter's temper, Aspen still did not enjoy the sight of them together.

Lucy's phone dinged, snapping Lucy from her almost laugh and she picked it up to check it.

"Oh," Lucy stated while reading the message. Genevieve was now manning the line of people waiting to buy some shoes and Aspen and Penny were helping whether it was taking money or grabbing some shoe boxes.

Lucy put down her phone and then reached out to Penny as she was walking by and covered her ears with her hands just in time for the speakers that were put around the venue, blare on and bellow a screeching static sound.