𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN, the real one, watched as Hannibal Bates transformed into many people in the meta-human prison cell that Barry and his team put him in. Caitlin had developed the serum that ultimately defeated Bates. Bates banged and banged on the glass, trying to get out.

"Let me out of here!" Bates screamed in a bunch of bodies. He then settled on Caitlin's form and looked towards Barry straight in the eye.

Bates smirked with a flirtatious tone, "Hey, cutie. Wanna let me out of here?" Barry scoffed. Bates' tricks didn't work anymore. He couldn't weed his way through problems anymore.

Caitlin scoffed loudly, almost obviously, "Like anyone would be dumb enough to fall for that."

Dr. Wells wheeled up in his wheelchair to look at Bates directly, all attention on him now, "Seen a lot of things that you can become, but who are you, Hannibal Bates?" He asked.

Barry stood there with his arms crossed, watching Bates as he switched between many forms of all the people he turned into until settling onto a lanky, white man with shut eyes and a bald head.

"I, uh," Bates started to reply while chuckling in between, "I can't remember." Then what he said dawned on him and his smile fell. Barry looked around at his team, guess there was a downside to his powers.

Then Bates started repeating that one mantra to him, trying to actually remember himself, but then he stopped for a moment and looked over to where Barry was standing. The stare of Bates with closed shut eyes made Barry tense up and uncomfortably stand under his gaze.

"But do you know what I do remember?" Bates asked rhetorically, "I remember the angry look that your red-headed friend gave me when I tried to steal money from the cash register. Or maybe when I kissed her?"

Barry walked up to the glass, "What did you say?"

"Lucy was it? And her daughter, Penny?" Bates poked more.

Barry glared at him, "What did you do?"

Bates leaned against the glass, knowing that Barry wouldn't open the door but he could still taunt him from behind it.

"Yeah, I went over, I mean, I couldn't disappoint the poor child. Helping her with her homework? Or a paper, or project? And apparently, your shoe order came in. Had to leave them there though, she demanded I go after my hand slipped into the register and my lips slipped onto hers. She didn't like that too much. Pity." Bates taunted.

Barry glared at Bates, much like the glare Bates received from Lucy. "You better be thankful you're behind that glass." Barry threatened.

It didn't occur to him that Bates would try to mess with his life, just maybe try and get rid of the evidence, not go through his texts and practically ruin his life. His normal part of his life. The one where Lucy just saw him as a normal guy, not the Flash.

Bates smirked and leaned against the far back wall of his cell, not that it put much room between Barry and Hannibal, but it was enough.

The rest of the team stared at Barry to see his reaction, ready to go after him and leap towards the control panel just in case he did try to open the hatch. Instead, Barry just mumbled some less than friendly words targeted at Bates and flashed out of the pipeline.

Barry zoomed around the city to reach his destination. He was determined to make this right, and the shoe store closed in fifteen minutes. Plenty of time for Barry to apologize or for Lucy to kill him and hide the body. Truth be told, he wasn't sure which Lucy would allow first. Not after what Bates told him, assuming that he was telling the truth.