𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN paced around his adopted father's house, Iris was frantic as Eddie Thawne, her boyfriend had been arrested for the attack of a fellow officer.

Of course, Barry knew it wasn't actually Eddie who shot that officer. There had been a meta-human that was plaguing the city streets. One that could take the shape of anyone they touched. They had only come onto the case after a woman pleaded not guilty to stealing valuables from multiple safes, but all caught on camera.

Barry had consulted his Star Labs friends and got them on the case where they found several similar cases where the suspect pleads not guilty. And it all led back to a few weeks after the particle accelerator explosion, where a man said that he was being framed by his friend, Hannibal Bates.

Barry and Eddie had gone to Bates' last known address, his grandmother's house. They had followed the lead only to find out that Bates had taken the form of his grandmother and they had to chase Hannibal where Bates undoubtedly touched Eddie and took his form, then shooting the backup that Eddie had called for.

"I promise, Iris," Barry insisted over the phone. Iris didn't understand why her boyfriend was arrested and she was sure he didn't do it.

"Now, I'm just here to shower and change, and then I'm going right back to my lab," Barry said gently. He was planning that day to head over to Shoe Central and help Penny more with her science project, but that had gone down the drain as soon as a meta-human case came in.

Barry even set a reminder on his phone! He needed to send a text to Lucy and tell her he wasn't going to make it. But first, he needed to get off the phone with Iris.

Barry held his calm tone, "I swear I'm going to get Eddie out of this, okay? I'll call you later, all right?" He lost the tension of his shoulders as Iris calmed down and he hung up, then continuing to send the text to Lucy.

"Sorry, can't make it. A case came up. Raincheck?" Barry mumbled under his breath as he texted Lucy. He pressed send as there was a knocking at the mahogany door.

Barry tucked his phone in his coat pocket and opened the door. It was Eddie.

Barry's eyes widened, "Eddie? What in the world? How did you get out?" Eddie strolled on in the house and walked in, looking around like he was scanning the house. Like he had never been in the house before.

"Captain Singh called in a favor." Eddie replied calmly, still touring the house with his eyes, "Got a judge to sign my release."

Barry grinned surprised, "I was just on the phone with Iris," He continued to move around the house, grabbing items and getting his phone out to call Iris again. Barry turned so his back was facing Eddie's front.

"Why haven't you called her?" He asked, "Hold on," Barry looked down at his phone as Eddie, Hannibal Bates, winded up his arm and hit Barry over the head with his gun, knocking him to the ground unconscious.

Eddie stood over Barry's body, "I have no idea who she is." Eddie plucked Barry's phone from his limp hand and attempted to use Barry's thumb finger to unlock it.

He then scoffed as the phone vibrated in denial, "Of course he wouldn't use his dominant thumb," The phone dinged and Hannibal looked down at the notification.

Help Penny w/ science project @ Shoe Central

He smirked down at the phone and touched Barry to gain his shape, then proceeding to carry him and stuffing him away in a closet. Still unconscious though.

Yes, he needed to lay low and get rid of this current investigation as they were getting closer to the truth, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have some fun in this body. And it would be a shame to disappoint this, Penny girl. Then, there was another ding.

Lucy: Hey it's fine if you can't meet up today. Just let me know when you can and I'll check my calendar. Penny has some English work to do anyway.

So this Penny was a student, and perhaps the kid of this new woman. Lucy. Bates could detour to Shoe Central.

The doorbell rang and Bates walked down the stairs to greet this new person, as Barry now. The door opened and a woman walked in. She had brown curly hair and dressed in an off white coat.

"Barry it's me," The woman stated. Hannibal looked at the person surprised, this Barry sure was popular.

"Hello - you," He replied, trying to sound as normal as possible. Bates looked the woman up and down. Not bad.

The woman didn't seem to notice, "I think I figured out a way to stop our shapeshifter from morphing into other people." She stated.

Bates' eyes widened, this was not good, "Oh, really?"

The woman nodded and continued, "What if I create a serum that will terminate the polymerization reaction, essentially forcing the bonds to revert to their original form stopping him from being able to control his power." She proposed.

"You can do that?" Bates' asked in Barry's body.

"Yeah, I think so," The woman confirmed.

Barry's head nodded, "Okay,"

The woman furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Bates, "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing," Bates deflected.

The woman took a deep breath, "Look, about last night, I can't imagine how hard this must be for you." She put her hand on his shoulder, comfortingly, "I mean, I know how desperate you are to solve your mom's murder. But let's just bury the hatchet, and we'll go back to S.T.A.R Labs. Figure out how to catch this Everyman."

"Everyman?" Bates' questioned. Is that what he was called now?

The woman flinched, "Bad nickname?" She asked.

"No," Bates was fast to say, "No, I kinda like it," It has a certain ring to it.

The woman nodded, "Okay, good. Me, too." She started walking towards the door, to go and head to S.T.A.R Labs.

Bates caught her hand abruptly, "Wait!" She looked at him, "I, uh, have to run an errand. I'll meet you there in about an hour?"

The woman grinned, "Are you going to get more shoes? Already? You've spent so much money! Or are you going to see someone there." She insinuated. Bates smirked.

"Something like that,"

❝♛❞

Okay, guys. Happy Veteran's/Armistice Day for anyone who is celebrating. If you are a veteran, I just wanna say how much I respect what you have done for your country and I hope you know how much it means to everyone around you. And if you enjoyed the chapter, please vote and comment.

❝♛❞