𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 »

❝♛❞

LUCY RATHAWAY knocked on the Wests' household door. Ever since the art exhibit where Lucy and Barry's date went terribly, terribly wrong, they were hesitant to plan another one in fear of it going wrong again. But then earlier this morning, Barry texted Lucy that he was going out of town for an unknown amount of time leaving tomorrow, they put together an impromptu date.

"Why are we here again?" Peter complained while holding his little sister's hand as she bounced with anticipation.

Yes, Lucy brought her kids on a date that happened to take place at her date's father's house. Unconventional? Yes. Very Lucy? Yes.

When Lucy couldn't get Hartley to watch over the kids, he had a date as well, and on any other occasion, Lucy would have trusted Genevieve and Peter to watch over Aspen and Penny, but Lucy already caught Peter trying to pry off his monitor tracker and power dampener so that was a big no. And when Lucy texted Barry, Barry said it was totally fine to bring them along. That they could "help", whatever that meant.

Lucy sighed and allowed Penny to press the doorbell, "Because Barry wanted you to come along. That and I don't trust to leave you at home."

The door swung opened and Joe was there on the other side, holding the door as the kids walked in, the older following the younger. As Joe closed the door behind them, Barry ran down the stairs, at normal speed, and stopped at the bottom. He adorned an acid wash jean jacket matched with a simple white cotton shirt and a pair of dark skinny jeans.

Tonight was a less formal date (that's at least what Barry said) so Lucy was wearing a nice pair of black leggings and a maroon open back halter top with a faux suede black jacket over it. The kids decidedly to not dress up because they didn't want to and honestly, Lucy was not going to fight them tooth and nail. Especially Peter.

Barry smiled at Lucy and they met in the middle standing beside each other as Joe looked at Aspen and Penny who ran off to inside the house.

"Wait!" Lucy called out as she watched her kids barrel through the home and Peter and Genevieve followed a bit more calmly. Barry put his hand on her arm, holding her back and grabbing her attention.

Barry grinned with something playful in his eyes, "Don't worry. I have a plan."

Lucy raised her eyebrows, "And that plan involves my kids?"

"Y-Yeah, I, uh, thought you wouldn't mind and if you do, um, I could change the plan and-" Barry started rambling with a blush creeping up his neck.

Lucy shook her head lightly and put her hands on Barry's chest, "I don't mind, Barry." She interrupted with a teasing tone, "Now, where are we having our date?" She asked.

Barry grabbed Lucy's hand gently and glanced up at the stairs, "Up in my room. I cleared out a ton of stuff when I moved back in and it's pretty empty now that I pretty much live my life at S.T.A.R. Labs and CCPD." Barry explained.

As Lucy and Barry walked up the stairs, she could hear Joe yell something, "He's lying! He speed cleaned today for you!"

Lucy chuckled to herself as she saw Barry cough embarrassed as they approached his room. He opened the door, unlocking his grasp from her hand, and walking inside.

It was a pretty basic and very clean room, something that Lucy didn't expect. There was a queen-sized bed and Lucy could tell that the science posters on the wall were years old. There were pretty much the basics in the room, but the closet looked suspiciously full and she could make out the faint shadows of piled clothes, not that she would bring it to Barry's attention. Lucy didn't think he could blush anymore.