One

I'm standing in the middle of the massive grassland, lost in its view. The sun, so gold and wild, shines down on my face,  and I can feel the soothing, country breeze flipping my hair swiftly. The feeling is no longer foreign; I've been here before.

It's the same place, and he will soon show up; the one with sensual hands, engulfing scent, the only one who constantly makes my heart beat fast, my curiosity go wild, and my eyes go blind.

I wander my gaze into the horizon, taking in every detail of the enchanting, crystal blue sky married to the waltzing silver clouds, and that's when I feel his presence behind me; so electrifying, utterly beguiling.

He hugs me tightly, making me melt completely to his touch, my body yielding to his grasp. I close my eyes to indulge the moment, the very same salacious moment I dream awake, as he whispers in my ears something I scarcely hear.

And then I try turning around, to finally have a glimpse of his beautiful face that I've marvelled at over a million times in my heart. But it doesn't happen. He's always so near, yet so far away. He disappears. Once again, I fail to see him.

As my eyes fly open, I gasp for air. Heavy breaths expel through my lips, a hand clutching my chest. I sit up, my skin slick and sweaty, finally recalling that I'm still in bed and it's pitch black outside. I pant heavily, letting my heart rate ease.

The same fucking dream.

"I need to get myself a boyfriend," I mutter groggily, trying to accept the reality around me.

Current status: Alone in bed.

Relationship status: Single.

Having proper sleep has been quite a challenge for me. I've lost count of how many nights I've stayed awake, mainly because of a certain nightmare, and this tantalizing dream.

I'm an insomniac, so says my therapist.

Fully aware of the resentment I have towards sweating, the summer has decided to grant me a vengeful visit. I slowly get up and turn on the fan, which allows my body to cool off gradually as I let myself be swayed by thoughts and self-pity disease like a post-nightmare effect.

I feel so damn lonely. I hug my pillow and imagine him once again. I don't remember when I closed my eyes until I wake up in the morning at the sound of my classic alarm clock ringing so loudly.  Well, it's another mundane day in my boring mundane life.

My natural curls are into a simple up-do about an hour later. Satisfied with the light makeup on my deep bronze face, I slip into a pair of nude pumps while zipping up, with difficulty, the black office dress I'm wearing for work.

One more reason to need a boyfriend?

I roll my eyes, watching my ungracious self through the mirror as I zip my dress like a pirouetting drunk ballerina.

"Phone, charger... keys!" I instantly reach for my car keys on the table and clutch my bag unceremoniously.

It's bright outside as I clamber into my Old Benny, a red worn-out Ford Mustang in red that I love like crazy, ready for another long day ahead. But as expected, much to my disappointment, the big guy starts acting up.

Not again, please. I twist the key but the legend refuses to comply. It screeches and rests. Once... then twice.

"Damn it!" I groan loudly and try again.

But the Ford is set. So damn decided.

I'm gonna be late.

"A taxi it is." I grab my handbag and exit the car in a rush.