Fourteen

It's almost three a.m. I slowly exit my room, coming across the silent hall with dim light. Breathing softly, I head a few steps towards Liam's door that's just next to mine and opposite to Sam's, and here is my destination.

It's now that I notice the magnitude of this favor I've been asked. I must face Mr. Intense so late at midnight, and in my pajamas. I'm not sure of how I look, and I don't understand why I'm even concerned about it.

Sighing, my courage pulled in, I knock at Liam's door about four times and stay still, waiting for him. I keep my little patience intact, but my tummy is already in a thousand knots.

Just open the door, Mr. Darcy, and let's get it over with. I sigh again, unable to keep calm.

A moment goes by until I hear the doorknob screeching. My heart starts racing when the door swings ajar thereafter. Liam pops his head out, and then he widens the door with a frown. 

Startled, my eyes rest on a fit and shirtless body.

Holy cow! Plaid pajama pants hang on his sculpted waist, and up to his chest my gaze freezes on the sight of his tight stomach, sinew chambers of his abs out in the open.

"Ms. Jones?" Liam utters, looking surprised by this utterly unexpected visit. It's only natural. His just-woke-up face forms a furrow as he scrutinizes me in astonishment.

Holy Mother of God! Why is my heart racing rapidly? It's just Liam, right?

Still surprised by my presence, Liam's eyes glide from my head to toes, and I'm glad I'm wearing my most decent nighties—loose pants and top—nothing revealing.

"Um, I just—" I pause, clearing my throat.

Where is my voice? I'm suddenly flustered.

"What?" Liam frowns, which shows that he doesn't understand the word I'm saying.

Good riddance to my sanity!

I sigh heavily and get a grip. "I'm sorry for interrupting your sleep. Malik asked me to tell you that you should check your emails or something; he said he couldn't reach you," I finally tell him.

Was it so hard?

"Malik called you?" At last Liam responds, his tone inexplicable.

And I can't believe that's the only thing he's caught from my long speech.

"Yeah, it's what I just told you," I retort.

"Okay," he says gently.

"Well then, have a goodnight." I decide to end it and quickly move my legs back to my room. I don't even dare to look back, yet I can feel Liam's gaze stalking my behind until I'm out of sight.

Once I'm back in my hideout, I lean against the door to catch my breath. My face is literally on fire that I could fry an egg. I exhale audibly while transforming my palms into a fan.

Is it really hot or just me and my burning hormones? I can't let go of Liam's image no matter how hard I shake my mind off, and it's quite lewd of me to covet a man like this.

I seriously need a man.

I decide to kill some minutes on the balcony, browsing through my phone. My Instagram has been inactive for a month now, and maybe it's time to make some feeds. Unhurriedly, I start uploading a few pictures I've taken during my Montana excursions.

I smile at the memory when I come across the photo sent by Sam, the four of us at the wedding, standing by the red limousine. My fingers find Liam immediately and a little zoom takes place. His sight makes me giggle out of the blue. I'm sure it took him a lot of energy to smile.