Eleven

I wake up in a good mood this morning knowing that we're about to hit a road trip to Billings, the largest city in Montana. The boys have an urgent business with some banker over there, and so they asked if we wanted to tag along.

"Just wake me up when we arrive," Sam tells me, her voice groggy and lazy. She's seated between Malik and me in the backseat of the car.

"Sure, ma'am," I reply placidly.

"Do you enjoy this, Professor?" Malik asks teasingly upon seeing my smile.

"Yeah, don't you?" I reply, gazing at his big, bright eyes.

"Well, I love the company better." He shrugs, forging some sort of gallant that makes me chuckle. Jeez, he's in a good mood! "And you, Brother?" He faces Liam, who's seated at the front passenger seat, lost in his own thoughts.

Do I want to be in his head?

"I like it. That's why I chose this state of all America," Liam says coolly, gracing us with his small glance and distant smile.

As expected, a drive in the countryside is always awesome; unless it rains, I guess. We arrive in Billings before noon and check in a hotel since we're spending the night. This time each has their own room, which makes me jump with joy for some unknown reason.

Since the boys are scheduled for a business dinner, we decide to spend the day sightseeing around the city, which takes us places I never fathomed existed. I'm glad my camera is never treacherous to stay far from my handbag, and I love it.

***

We had a grand deal of pleasure visiting places, including the Moss mansion, a very enchanting historic house that's believed to be haunted during midnights. It reminded me of Alhambra Palace for some reasons, and I felt like I'd travelled back in time.

I once went to Spain on a vacation with my parents. I was young but I clearly remember the train trip from Barcelona to Granada, and the amazing ruins of Alhambra. I was so excited because I already loved history and museums by then.

I just didn't know it was going to be my last vacation with them.

It's around ten at night as I head out of the bathroom after a quick shower, before going to bed at last. Removing the shower cap, I shake my head to free my curls, feeling such vigor, and at the same time I hear a bell ring at the door.

A frown flits on my face. Sam left about ten minutes ago, so then who could it be at this hour?

I fasten the bathrobe whilst I pace towards the door. Opening it, a few seconds later, my heart drops when I see Liam standing before me.

Oh God! What is he doing here?

Gulping, I watch his currently calm blue eyes scanning me from head to toe, guarded as always. I turn completely dumbstruck, unable to utter a syllable. I feel nude.

"May I come in?" he asks in a low voice.

"Um, sure," I respond with a startle, moving aside to draw him in. "Is everything okay?" Comprehending his reason, I quickly add, "Oh, you must be here for Sam! Well, she's already left."

Liam takes his time beholding my room, and I keep my patience while mirroring his gaze. Satisfied with the grand inspection, he turns to me and says, "I didn't come here for her. You're the reason why I'm here."

"Me? Why?" I demand, surprised.

I wait impatiently for his response that doesn't take forever.

"I believe this is yours." He hands me the camera that he's been holding the whole time. Huh? I mentally chastise myself. "You're lucky the driver was decent enough to bring it back."