Twenty-nine

Liam appears in the living room at last, all freshened up. He looks better than before, smells splendidly, and I fail to hide my giddy smile at the sight of him.

"Done?" I ask.

"Yes, let's go." He hauls me by the waist.

We head outside and slip into the Aston Martin. Liam reverses it towards the gate, his eyes between the rear and the front. I didn't know a man could cause an uproar with the mere act of him driving. Got a lot to learn, Kira Jones.

"What?" Liam utters when he finds me gawking.

"Oh . . . Um . . . Nothing?" I give him my most innocent smile. He smirks. A chuckle leaves my lips before I say, "Perhaps I was thinking of you—as I've been doing a lot lately."

Past the gates, he pulls the car out while smiling.

"That's awfully soothing to hear. Tell me more," he remarks bluntly. I huff a soft laugh and he halts the car in the middle of the driveway. "Why are you thinking of me when I'm right here?" he asks in a deep voice, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Because I love you." My heart beats faster as the words come out effortlessly as though they've been waiting for decades to finally leave my heart.

The tinkle in his eyes deepens. I feel chagrined at the way he looks at me, his wide chest shoring on and off. He seems happy, almost assured, as if he's been waiting forever to hear the words.

He leans over and strokes my cheek with his rough knuckles. My skin shudders in response, and my blood flames as his face gets too close to mine, breath to breath.

"I love you, too, Kira Jones," he tells me gently, no doubt in his eyes.

I gulp tightly, and like a cue I grab his face and slam my lips on his, kissing him deeply and strongly. The heat of a strong carnal spreads in my body, turning me needy and wanting. Will it be a sin if I just let my desire win at least once in my life? I seriously want this man.

"Your lips taste heavenly, Mr. Darcy," I whisper as we finally pull apart, just a small distance to catch our breaths.

Liam sighs, a wicked grin on his face. "Aren't you getting a bit too daring recently?"

"I have you to blame, honey. I used to be the sweetest girl, for as long as I can remember," I reply flatly and he bursts out laughing.

***

Delicious pasta and meatballs in an Italian restaurant make up for our lunch. I specifically make sure Liam wipes off his plate without complaints, and he does as much. Now we're strolling alongside the ocean with our takeaway coffee, holding hands like good lovers should.

If only this was not illicit.

Smiling without any reason, I sip on my cold Latte, and Liam his second cup of Americano. This feels right. My hair flips accordingly to the breeze, giving me a hard time to cope, and a feel of resentment shoots for having too much hair. I should've left my two braids.

"Shouldn't we do something about it?" Liam looks up at me as I struggle.

"Like what?" I rumble a laugh.

"Wait a minute." He bends down and puts his cup on the warm sand. "Let me see what I can do to that beautiful hair."

What is he up to? I wait with so little patience as he strides around me. Carefully, he collects my hair into a thick bun, his fingers grazing my ears when he seizes every strand into one piece.

I mentally bounce up and down, excited.

Mutely, I hold my breath with anticipation. Liam takes his white handkerchief, and then he uses it to tie up my hair. Wow! It's not the perfect bun, nor a professional one, but it's comfortable enough. Plus, I appreciate the efforts more than the results.