Epilogue

It's been two months now since I got engaged. Liam had to go back to London and I remained here so that I can finish all there's to wind up before I join him in Montana for our wedding. We haven't planned the wedding day as of yet, but we're in no hurry.

Today I'm finally finalizing my resignation at UCLA, and none of my colleagues believe when I say that I'm quitting my job and probably leave California for good. Honestly, I don't believe it myself sometimes.

After stuffing my things inside the car, I make my way towards Dr. Snape's office. She's been away for the funeral of some relative of hers, and I was beginning to think that I may leave without saying goodbye to her.

But destiny is on my side today.

"Look who's found her way back?" she snaps in that sassy voice of hers.

She's Scottish, and I enjoy making fun of her charming accent.

"Yes, ma'am. Here I am." I smile widely.

"And I thought you'd be as slim as a needle from all the emotional turmoil."

"I told you the emotional turmoil is over, and now you're losing you're most loyal patient," I say, and the laughter fills the office. "How are you, doctor? I'm very sorry for your loss."

"Thank you, Kira." Pale gray eyes stare at me with clear mirth. "So, you're doing fine now, right? Come on, take a seat."

"I think so." I slump into a leather sofa across from her wing chair. "I've stopped having nightmares, and I have a feeling that it's really over."

She smiles, her wrinkles showing faintly as a pride of age. "That's because the memory gap is now restored."

Glasses off her eyes, she sits cross-legged, her plump figure wrapped in a floral blazer and black palazzo pants. She has black hair mixed with gray somehow.

"I still can't believe what a fantasy story you've told me." She laughs indulgently. "Do you realize that's phenomenal?"

"So, you want to write a thesis about it or something?" I tease, and we keep the conversation for almost half of an hour, mainly talking about my improvements and how I truly feel after all the reveals.

Frankly, I feel healed.

Around twelve in the afternoon I find my way back home after a small grocery shopping. It's my new home in Malibu, and I'm slowly getting a hang of it. I moved in last month, and I'm in love with everything inside.

I thank Amelia and Sam for their help throughout the moving process.

Speaking of Samantha Ford, it's been over twelve hours and I can't reach her phone. I'm beginning to worry because she never turns her phone off. After placing my groceries in the kitchen, I make another call to Sam with my eyes on the ocean view through the window.

Still unavailable.

Indisposed, I decide to call someone that I'm missing with every fiber of my being. My heart trots at the same wild pace whenever I'm about to hear Liam's voice. It takes several rings and finally his voice goes on.

"Hey, baby. I'm very sorry that I hardly had time to call you last night. Things have been very hectic this week," Liam says coolly.