Forty-seven

Getting some sleep won't be easy at all. I know for a fact as my head's divided between what's happening outside this room and right here. Plus, it's really hot.

I usually prefer showering before going to bed, but I ruined the mood.

Half naked with only a pair of underwear, I start tossing and turning in bed until I hear the living room window shutting. Lim is coming. I squeeze to one side and the lights bathes the room a moment later.

My eyes squint responsively, and I suck in a breath when the scent of his woody cologne wafts my nostrils. Heat sears through me, certainly not from the weather. I can't stay mad at him, can I?

Whatever! He has to apologize first.

"Are you sleeping, or pretending to be?" Liam asks coolly.

The audacity he has. My eyes crinkle and I don't respond.

I hear Liam moving towards me, his steps poised and unhurried, and it makes me jerk the covers tightly with butterflies in my stomach. Why am I excited? Foolish me. I should grow up. He suddenly stops, and then walks to the other side of the bed

He sits down and his weight dents the mattress right next to where my feet are. He shits a bit—I think he's taking off his shoes. I hold my breath, his back grazing toes as he moves subtly in accordance to his current engagement. I hold the pillow tight, and I'm sulking no more.

"I know you won't be able to sleep without a shower," he says casually, as though he's talking to his incorrigible child.

He stands up and begins taking off his clothes—I assume. I can only imagine the sound they produce when he unzips the fly of his khakis, and slides them down his legs, followed by another sound of his waist belt as he throws the pants on the couch.

"Get up," he suddenly orders while pulling the covers off my body.

"What are you doing?" I whimper.

"Let's take a shower. Didn't say you were waiting for me to do so?"

"No, I'm not taking a shower." I roll in bed but he seizes me quite easily with his brawny arms. "Liam!" I start giggling and my protest becomes a bedroom adventure when he lifts me up bridal style.

"But of course you are." He sounds serious yet amused. "I'm not sleeping with a sulking girlfriend who refuses to shower just because she's angry at me."

"This is not funny, Liam Darcy!" I scream as we're both underdressed, skin to skin. "Put me down, Liam!" I wiggle my feet while laughing heartily.

"Oh, I find it very funny, my love." His voice is filled with pure delight and I can't deny the joy I'm feeling right now.

He drops me to my feet once we are inside the large and full white bathroom, the tiles cold against my feet. Smiling, Liam strides to another side, wearing nothing but his tight briefs. I gulp tightly. And my heart rate increases when he takes off the last piece of garment covering his manhood.

Goodness gracious! I clear my throat and glance away while untying my hair.

A small chuckle from him steals my attention. The shower starts running soundly and he stands gloriously right in front of my eyes, water sprinkling down on him like a Greek god under the Olympian waterfalls. If they exist, that is.

Okay, no need to feel aroused, Kira. So what if he got a chocolate cake kind of a body with sturdy muscles and all? Are you going to eat him? Or fondling him with your eyes like you do now?

"Are you not coming?" he asks playfully while rubbing his soaked hair, seemingly highly refreshed by the water.

"Um . . . I'd rather take my time appreciating the interior of this bathroom. You can carry on, Mr. Darcy, I'm no harry, I assure you." I pretend to have my full composure that withers the minute he turns around and leaves his whole rear view.