Chapter 21

Recap: Suraj reached RM, he found Chakor and released a shoot.

Ajay was right behind KN, "what the hell, hands up!" He shouts and KN turns, he was hell scared as he couldn't see, who shot the gun off his hand.

"Chakor, what the hell! How could you push me, I could have killed him." Suraj scolds her and she was shocked listening to his words, "you could? You never wanted to?" She asked a bit confused.

Suraj frowns, "why would I kill him? He tried to trap me many times, but I always survived."

Chakor nods, "right, but I thought you want to kill him that's why I pushed your hand." She said with a cute pout on her face, "sorry."

Suraj rolls his eyes, "you can be very happy that I want to sleep next to you. You are forgiven."

"What do you mean?" She asked a bit angry.

Suraj smirks, "if I would have killed him, it would be self defence but some lawyers would have turned it into hate and revenge. But my desire to be with you, makes it easy to choose a side. The good side."

Chakor glares at him, "you are too much, just wait and see what I will do with you. But first you have to handle the cop, you are a runaway man. Who broke the lock up to safe his family. Actually you are a Hero."

Suraj lifts his collar, "finally you see the real me." He smirks with a wink.

"No, you can't arrest me!" KN shouts and Ajay took out his handcuffs, "I can and I will. 'You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in court. You have the right to talk to a lawyer for advice before we ask you any questions. You have the right to have a lawyer with you during questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. If you decide to answer questions now without a lawyer present, you have the right to stop answering at any time' did you understand me?"

Suraj looked at him, "we all did." He confirms and Chakor was suppressing her laugh.

Vivaan opens the door, he saw them and comes out, "Suraj?"

Suraj looked at him, "Vivaan are you alright?"

Vivaan nodded, "yes I am, but Ragini."

Suraj rushes to him, "what is with her?"

"She got shot by KN, she is bleeding from her arm."

Suraj runs into the room, Ranjhana was pressing on the injury to prevent higher blood loss, Ajay took out his mobile phone, "I will call an ambulance. You don't worry."

Suraj carries her out of the room, they were all in the hall besides Teju, she was resting in the room unknown of the happenings downstairs.

Suraj places her on the couch, "Chakor get me a first aid kit. Vivaan water and cloth I have to clean the wound. Ranjhana you, stay." He wasn't sure whatever to trust her or not, she sat next to him and caresses the head of Ragini.

KN was struggling to release himself, "leave me. I haven't done any crime."

"Mental illness or temporary memory loss?" Ajay said holding him tight, another police jeep arrived.

Vivaan got a bowl with water and a clean cloth, "here for you." He said and Suraj cleaned the wound.

Ragini hisses, "Aah... it's burning."

Suraj smiles, "good or not, but it's better to feel than to feel not." He got the first aid kit from Chakor, who came down along with Teju.

"See he is here." Chakor said holding her hand, Teju was happy, "Haan."

Suraj tried his best, but the bullet was deep in her flesh, the ambulance arrived, SuVaan drove with her to the hospital.

Imli was holding the constable, "don't you dare to runaway again. The inspector gave you to us to give you the best treatment."

Ragini went under a small operation, Chakor was cleaning the house with Teju and Ranjhana.

KN was in jail, he looked at Ajay, "how dare you! I'm KN Rajvanshi this is my village!"

Ajay hold his ears, "uff please keep your volume down. I can't bear this annoying shouts."

Suraj and Vivaan stayed at the hospital where Ajay arrived, "Suraj do you want me to repeat my speech?"

Suraj shook his head, "no, but I'm happy you let me go to the hospital with them, I waited here for you as promised."

Ajay nodded, "I have to arrest you as long as the charges against you aren't gone. Please."

Ragini felt bad, "but he is innocent." She said in low voice.

Suraj caresses her head, "Vivaan you keep an eye on her, soon this matter will be settled then we will all start again. A new beginning."

Vivaan nodded and stayed at the hospital while Suraj was next to KN in the jail.

"Oh budhe satya gaya kiya {oh oldie have you lost your mind}?" Suraj said as KN was blabbering something to himself all the time.

Ajay and Suraj looked at each other completely confused, he wasn't playing anything, but losing everything again.

____
Next last chapter and an epilogue might follow