16.

//HELLO My lovely readers, CkR here with an announcement. Tonight will be the last chapter, until Monday. My reasons on not updating Friday-Sunday are pretty valid, but I wanted to take the time to let you guys know instead of vanishing, and you guys be like. "Are they really not going to update?" YES, I am. But, I will spending my day with my sister tomorrow because on Saturday I will be flying home to Texas, and that will be a pretty long day for me. As for Sunday? I'm kinda taking that day as a personal day off as well, but chapter 17 will be up sometime Monday. Either in the morning or a little after.
But this story is not going to die, the chapters are long and I love writing this story so far. And I am so, very grateful to the ones who have stuck around to read this. "The Start Of Something New." Is far from finished.

But because I will be absent this weekend from updating the story, I am making this chapter specially long just for you guys to enjoy.
I hope you guys can understand, and I will be back real soon.
So with that.
Enjoy~
~CkR.
--------------\\

"I'm surprised your mom was okay with the three of us just staying over." Amy said sitting on my bedroom floor.
We sat across from each other and for the first time ever.
I saw her band.
It was around her thigh.
Hidden in plain sight, for those only up and personal to see.
Her eyes followed mine, before she smirked.

"I'm guessing Carter filled you in on the bands?" She asked.
I blushed now.
"Sorry I didn't mean to stare," I looked at her.
"But yeah no, my mom is usually okay with friends staying over." I said now.
Amy arched a brow.
"Even the ones shes never met? I mean, she didn't even bother to learn our names." She pointed out.
I brought my knees to my chest.
"Its just been a bad and long day, she'll probably question who you are in the morning. When you know, she tries to make things go back to normal." I frowned now.

Amy leaned back as she sighed.
"Are you going to take time off from school?" She asked me.
I looked at her.
"I don't think so, I mean fuck I'm sad and everything but I can't just bail.." I said softly.
Amy smiled softly.
"You have a valid reason is why I asked." She told me.
I sighed.
"I know," I rubbed my temples frowning.
"But we have all these tests coming up, and I want to be depressed about my dad dying. But I know he wouldn't want me to skip school for his sake." I told her now.

Amy arched a brow then smirked softly.
"I swear I'll never understand humans and their emotions." She commented.
I blinked looking at her.
"Were you born a vampire or-"
"I was born human." She said sitting up as she brought her knees to her chest.

"Just as Jace and Carter both were, but we had a leader or well as some tried to call her. A Queen, her name was Deidre." She told me.
I frowned at that name.
"Jace and that..guy were talking about her, is it true? Did Jace really kill Deidre?" I asked her.
Amy frowned now.
"He did, without a second thought too." She said with her arms crossed.

I looked at her.
"Why would he kill her though? What had she done?" I questioned.
Amy smiled softly.
"Deidre Rosario was a cruel woman," she began.

"You're all huge disappointments." Deidre sneered looking down at the group of vampires in front of her, her long black hair for once done up as her cold ice blue eyes held anything but love or happiness.
The ones below her were supposedly all of her children, none were rejects in the beginning.
But as soon as some began to defy or mock her commands.
They were killed, without a second thought.

That was how they were raised.
Vampires were given only one chance to redeem themselves, and if they couldn't.
They were beheaded or staked.

"Raiding a village is reckless." Sterling commented as he dared himself to look up at the one above the rest.
Deidre glared down at him.
"Its hardly reckless if you don't get yourselves caught and killed." Her eyes fell on Carter now.
"We do not need a repeat from a few years ago." She stated.

Carter looked away, glaring harshly at the ground.

Jace crossed his arms.
"Sterling is right Deidre, its reckless. Whether we're smart or not, there are still children in that village. Babies even." He protested.
Deidre smirked.
"They'll honestly just be your snack and appetizers, while the parents pose as the grand meals. You children are so weak, its pathetic." She stated now.

Jace glared at her.
"And what if there are some here, who don't want to raid?" He asked.
Zeke rolled his brown eyes.
"Speak for yourself, pussy. If you're against killing kids and babies, then starve." He spat.
Deidre smirked at his comment, coming down as those who adored her began to bow.
All except for Jace.
Who just stood there, glaring at her.

"Zeke is right, Jace. If you're prefer not to raid, then you can sit out and starve, grow weak and eventually." Her fist connected to his gut, sending him to his knees with a pained groan.
"You will die or those who hate you, will kill you." She hissed kneeling down as she took the back of Jace's hair, snapping his head back so they'd be eye to eye.
"Or, you can stop thinking with that thing inside of your chest that no longer beats, and feed. Its completely up to you, but I won't tolerate you getting weak. You will be thrown out and left here, because this is not a home for weaklings. Am I clear?" She questioned.

Jace stared back at her as he frowned feeling Carter nudge him with his foot.
He frowned deeply.
"I understand, Deidre." He said lowly.
She smiled.
"That's a good pet." She said standing back up and turned away from the other.
"Never try to defy my commands, or you'll join the countless others that have been killed at my hand. Now, that wouldn't be a fun time. Well," she smirked now.
"It would be for me, but.." she looked back to Jace who remained in place.
On his knees where he belonged.
"Not for you." She stated.

"You should be careful." Carter hissed as they walked through the village, they would later raid.
Jace glared his way.
"She isn't fit to lead anyone, she treats us like nothing but objects." He spat.
Carter looked around.
"Lower your voice, Jace. You'll be lucky to not be killed if you weren't heard just now." He scolded.
"Then let them kill me!" Jace snapped, the veins threatening to appear as his brows furrowed.
"I didn't ask to be this god damn monster, Carter. We were once human." He growled.

"You were dying, Deidre was trying to help you." Carter told him.
"I was committing suicide!" Jace cried looking at him.
"I wanted to die, I wanted to leave this world. I didn't want to live anymore, but that bitch." He snarled now.
"She took death away from me and made me into this." He slammed his fist against a wall, crushing the wood.

Carter frowned.
"So you would of rather burned for all eternity, rather than given a second chance?" He asked him.
Jace stopped walking, his eyes burned fiercely with tears.
"Yeah sure, burning for all eternity would of been a huge load off this feeling that never leaves me." His eyes fell to the dirt.
"I still hear those screams, all of those kids.. his face, fuck!" He crouched down as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Carter looked around.
"Don't have a meltdown here Jace, word will get to Dei-"
"Oh shut the fuck up already about that damned bitch." He growled.

"Wow." A voice whistled.

They both turned to Joshua and Nathan both there, smirking at the two.
"Talking about our Queen a little too bold, aren't we?" Joshua smirked.
Jace's eyes darkened.
"What the fuck are you doing here, we're supposed to be on this side." He spat.
"We got bored." Nathan shrugged.
"Not to mention, we heard our favorite little faggot vampire whining like a little bitch about Deidre." Joshua added.

Carter looked to them.
"Its a meltdown, he didn't mean it." He said now.
Jace scoffed.
"Oh no, I meant it." He said with his arms crossed.
Joshua glared now.
"She'll rip you apart for talking down about her, you ready for that Pierce?" He asked.
Jace shrugged.
"If it means I can finally fucking die, sure." He said.

Nathan frowned.
"Still craving that sweet embrace of the impossible." He stated.
Jace cocked a brow at him.
"Its not impossible, we can die you stupid fuck." He spat.
Nathan looked at him.
"You'll never truly die though." He shrugged.
"Not with your past life." He smirked.

"Ignore them Jace." Carter told the other.
Jace inhaled sharply.
"You're not worth my time." He said turning the other away.
"Yeah no of course we're not, but as long as you have Carter fucking you, nothing else matters to you. Right?" Joshua shot.

Something snapped as Jace's eyes turned black and he charged at Joshua.
But instead of shoving his hand into the others chest.

It was of a child's.
Joshua held the girl perfectly still, who stood there with wide eyes as her skin began to pale in seconds.

Jace removed his hand stumbling back as he looked at the blood.