25.

**Sage's Pov.**

"I just think pineapple has no purpose on pizza." I said with a shrug.
Lexi and Emberly looked at me and I could tell they were judging me in silence.
"And that's just your opinion." Lexi told me.
I grinned.
"It is my opinion and I'll gladly stick to it. Why would you want fruit on pizza?" I questioned.
"Its just that satisfying taste." Emberly said.
I rolled my eyes.
"There is nothing satisfying about fruit mixed with sauce." I stated.

Lexi grinned.
But it died down as her eyes fell on her phone.
"What is it?" I questioned as she looked back up.
"Carter was supposed to let me know me an hour ago, how Monty's hunting went tonight." She bit her lip.
I made a face.
"You haven't heard anything yet?" I questioned.
She shook her head.

I took out my phone.
I hadn't received a message from Sterling either.

"They're probably celebrating his first hunt, you're both worrying over nothing." Emberly told us, taking a drink of her water.
I looked to her frowning.
"Its kind of frustrating though, especially if Carter said he'd call." I told her now.
Emberly looked to Lexi who's eyes had been glued to her phone.

"Maybe I should go-"
"No." Emberly looked at her.
"You know how Carter feels about you being at his house, just wait Lexi." She told her.
Lexi went quiet as she sat her phone down.

Not even a minute later.
Her phone rang.
And Lexi being who she was.
She nearly threw it.

"Hello? Carter?" She looked so focused on the phone.
Her brows furrowed as if trying to understand what her boyfriend was saying.
I felt my stomach churn as the expression on her face, turned to nothing but concern.

"I'm coming over." She told him.
She got to her feet.
"No! Don't fucking tell me to stay here Carter, I'm not going to wait. You told me you'd help watch over him, and now he's laying on a bed because he nearly got fucking killed?!" She screamed into the phone.
My eyes grew wide.
Tears were already falling down the others cheeks as she glared harshly at the carpet.

"I'm coming over right now, and you'll let me in. Monty is my best friend, Carter. I will be there for him, understand?" She demanded into the phone.
She stood there, before her shoulders finally relaxed.
"Okay..yeah okay, I'll be there shortly. Mhm, yeah. Bye." She hung up as I grabbed our jackets.

"Explain on the way? I'm coming." I told her.
She didn't argue as her eyes fell on Emberly.
"Are you coming?" She asked Emberly.
The vampire smiled softly before shaking her head.
"No, I'll stay here and make sure the kids are in bed. You two go." She insisted.

Lexi cursed beneath her breath.
"I forgot about Noah and Jovi." She hissed.
"Lexi, its fine. Monty is important to you, so go. I don't mind." Emberly told her.
Lexi studied her for a moment, then sighed.
"Okay, thank you." She hugged her quick before her eyes fell on me.
"Ready?" She questioned.
No questions asked, I nodded leaving the bedroom and mess behind as we grabbed our shoes and got in her dad's truck.

I wasn't even buckled in before she was backing out.
"Lexi calm down and explain." I told her.
Lexi looked to me.
"Monty went hunting tonight, and someone staked him." She said tightly, as if trying her best not to break down behind the wheel.
My blood was cold as ice.
"Is he d-dea-"
"No." Lexi growled.
"But Jace, Carter and Joshua will all wish they were, once I get done with them." She said bitterly.

I knew it wasn't the time to smile at her threat.
But it was honestly adorable.
"Lexi, you're a human." I pointed out.
"I'll lecture them to death." She said as she slammed on her breaks at the red light.
Breathing heavy.

I inhaled sharply.
"Monty is going to be okay, so you need to breathe before you give us both a panic attack, or we get arrested for reckless driving." I told her.
She exhaled slowly before nodding.
"Right, sorry.. I just know being staked, can end the vampires life." She said softly now.
I looked to her.
"If its inserted in the heart, and clearly it wasn't or else I'm sure your boyfriend would of came here. Instead of telling you over the phone, Monty died." I told her.