29.

"Maybe you two should make up already, its been getting awkward." Sage commented on the bus.
Yes.
I, Lexi Grimes was riding the bus.
Because first.
I did not want to bother Monty into picking me up.
And secondly.
I didn't want to drive, or walk.
But I was regretting it.
Mainly because, I forgot how noisy the kids were on the bus.
Which was why I stopped riding in the first place.

"How is it getting awkward?" I found myself asking her.
Sage arched a brow.
"You're joking right? Do you not see how he tries to talk to you in the hall, or doesn't want you to just walk away? Yeah, you two had a fight. But we have four years of this, and I can't handle you two being awkward." She said now.

I bit my lip.
"If you can't handle it Sage, why don't you go hang out with Sterling or Stella?" I suggested.
This hurt expression appeared on the others face.
"Whoa, I'm on your side here, Lexi-"
"Really? Because you're the one wanting us to make up, when Bryce is clearly better off with Maggie and the others. I'm not going to fight for him, not when he couldn't even fight for Monty." I said bitterly.

Sage leaned back in the seat.
"Maybe we all should have a sit down today? Emberly needs to be included, because everything kind of went down hill after she attacked you, and that was when Bryce started disappearing. Not to mention, got himself a girlfriend." She said now.
I bit my gum.
"He's not going to talk to us, his mind is too made up about not wanting Monty in his life." I told her.
She made a face.
"We can just talk about it, try to understand each other." She suggested now.
I looked to her as the school came into view.
"Fine, but its going to be terrible." I said.
----
Walking into the building, my heart began to race seeing that familiar messy brown hair.
Along with that dimpled smile, that was showing from ear to ear as he talked to Chloe.
Jace and Joshua both at a distance, but their eyes on him.

I bit my lip, smiling as I walked over to the two.
Chloe's eyes fell on me.
"Hey Lexi." She greeted with a smile.
I smiled at her, but it didn't meet my eyes.
Chloe has always had a thing for Monty, and now that he was back.
All she would be doing, was trying to get in his pants.
Which spoiler alert.
He's gay and taken by the two predators behind him.

My eyes fell on Monty and as much as I tried not to shove the blonde out of the way, I bumped shoulders with her as she stepped aside.
My arms wrapping around the male now, breathing him in as I sighed with relief.
I looked at the other.
"Welcome back to hell." I said now.
He smirked down at me.
"Its been a while, but I'm back. It was a faster process, even the guardians were surprised." He told me.
I smiled at him.

"Excuse me, can you stop flirting with him right in front of us?" Jace questioned annoyed.
Monty looked to the other as I rolled my eyes.
"I'm not flirting with him, I'm just glad he's finally back." I said.
Jace rolled his eyes.
"As if you haven't seen enough of him already." He growled.
"Jace, stop it. We're in school, and its his first day back. You're hovering." Joshua scolded now.
Jace glared at him.
"Damn straight I'm hovering, we're his mates." He spat.

Chloe blinked then smiled as she looked at me.
"Well then, that's interesting. See you guys later." She smiled disappearing.
I frowned as my eyes followed her now.
Monty looked to me.
"So, where's Bryce? I have to tease him about-"

"Tease me about what?" Came the others voice.
And even though Bryce was my childhood best friend, not to mention.
Blood brother, I was finally realizing how much he's changed the last three months.
He actually scared me a little by his tone.
And it didn't help that Jordan, Gabriel and Parker were right behind him.
In their football uniforms.

Monty turned to the four, smirking at Bryce.
"Just that you got slapped by Lexi here, must of knocked you off that pedestal you're always on." He stated, arms crossed.
Bryce arched a brow, his eyes falling on me.
"And did she tell you that it didn't affect me?" He questioned.
Monty blinked.
"Really? I heard you were embarrassed that a girl managed to hit you, before a guy could." He said now.
Bryce stepped up.
"And where did you hear that? You haven't even been in school buddy, so." He looked around confused.
"Where's the gossip coming from?" He asked him.