30.

WARNING:: This chapter contains each of the following.
-NSFW Scenes.
-Violence.
-Death.
-Gore.
-Torture.
-Angst.
Enter at your own risk, you have been warned.
~CkR.\\

**Unknown Pov.**

"The time has come my loyal children." A woman's voice spoke in the shadows.
Glowing red eyes were seen in different areas in the room, all looking up at the figure speaking to them.

"We have lost our home once before, but soon. We will have our home back, and those who defy us. Will be killed, there will be no hesitance. I have taught you and raised you better than that to show no mercy, everyone outside of our home. Is the enemy. Do you understand me?" She questioned.

"Yes Mistress Deidre." The voice's echoed off each other, never breaking eye contact with the other.
Deidre grinned from ear to ear.
"You will each be praised if you do this simple task for me." The lights came on and she walked down the stairs.
"What is the task you ask of us? It will be done." A male's voice stated in the far back.
Deidre smiled.
"I'm thrilled to know you'll still go through with it, I have a list of human's not to mention. Vampires, I would like you to eliminate." She stated now.

A  young male with bright yellow hair and forest green eyes stepped out.
"Who are they?" He questioned.
Deidre's eyes locked with the others.
"Remember these names well." She began.
"Jordan Bradley. Tyler Harris. Foster Collins. Claire Garner. Maggie Ray. Tatum Olsen, and Sage Ellison." She stated.

The yellow haired male looked at her.
"Forgiveness my confusion, Mistress. But these are all humans, have they done you harm?" He questioned.
Deidre studied the other.
"No Sun, they have not done me harm. But I wish to cause nothing but pain closest to them, by taking their lives away. Possibly even turning a few." She shrugged with suggestion.

Sun frowned at her.
"Understood, and for the vampires?" He questioned.
Deidre looked at them.
"Lance Chambers. Kane English. Alaric Briggs. Claudia Kelly. Ebony Sims. Sterling Summers. Zeke Rivers. Ellie Scott." She told them the names with a frown.
Sun looked at her now.
"And everyone you have read out to us, is the enemy who should be staked or killed without hesitation?" He asked her.
She nodded.
"Under no circumstances, must you hesitate. I have my own personal list of vampires, I want to watch suffer. Which reminds me." She smirked.

"I need you, my faithful and loyal children. To bring one vampire back in specific, he is gifted and with my abilities. He will be on our side in no time." She said now.
Sun and the rest of them looked at her.
"Who is the one you require to be brought back, Mistress?" He asked her.
She smiled.

"His name is Monty Reese, I would like for him to remain unharmed but brought here. If anyone gets in your way of retrieving him. You will kill them as well." She explained.
Sun looked at her.
"Even off the list?" He questioned.
She nodded.
"Even off the list, there will be others close to him, that will not allow him to slip through their fingers that easily. But you will bring him to me, am I understood?" She questioned those in the room.

"Yes, Mistress Deidre." The others said without question.
----
**Lexi's Pov.**

I sat down in the basement, my knees to my chest as my eyes fell to the cell.
Monty had been asleep for sometime now.
And honestly, it was making me nervous.
It had been a few weeks, since his first freak out and we were a week away before it was Thanksgiving Break.
Which was going to be impossible to explain to my mom, that I'd be at Carter's for Thanksgiving, instead of at home.
I already knew she'd freak out.
But..
Monty was more important to me.

"Still asleep?" I looked up to the staircase where Joshua had walked down, carrying two glasses.
He handed me one, and immediately I knew it was hot chocolate.
I watched the steam come off the cup, staring at it for the longest time before my eyes fell back on the other.

"Yeah, do vampires go into hibernation or something?" I asked him.
Joshua smirked.
"No. Some vampires are just lazier than the rest, and that's what my mate is. Lazy." He said.
I blinked but managed a smile.
"I can't believe I'm asking this, but how is Jace?" I asked him now.
Joshua arched a brow, amusement playing in his eyes.
"He's doing better than he has been, he still isn't happy this happened to Monty. Which neither am I, but its out of our hands." He explained.

I bit my lip but nodded.
I leaned my head back.
"I kind of find it weird how easy it is to talk to you." I said now.
Joshua blinked then smiled softly.
"When I turned my switch back on, to understand Jace's commands in order to be with both him and Monty. My personality switched all together, its been over one hundred years since its been back on." He confessed.
"So I can understand how you felt about me in the past, when our switches are turned off. We're monsters." His eyes fell on the sleeping Monty.

"But I felt a connection when I met Monty at that coffee shop, he interested me. Knowing how fast I could of killed him, he still threw that cup at me in order to protect Jace." He hesitated.
"You know. Monty was actually the one I was going to kill that day, not your dad." He confessed. 
I felt my heart stop.
"What made you change your mind?" I found myself asking, hoping it didn't sound as harsh as I felt like it did.
Joshua smirked at that.
"I guess because reading everyone's thoughts in that room at that time, your dads wasn't on yours at all. Only Monty and Sage were on your mind, and their safety from me and the ones I had brought with me that day." He told me.

Now I felt like the world's worst daughter.

Joshua looked to me then smiled softly.
"You're not the world's worst daughter, Lexi." He read my thoughts as I went to scold him, he looked at me with his full divided attention.
"You just have a top priority list on those who mean a lot to you, and your dad just happened to not be on it at that time. Even after he died, you weren't all that phased." He frowned now.
"It's kind of sad." His brows knitted.
"Were you not close with him?" He asked me.

"I-"
"Lexi." I looked to the stairs where Carter had appeared, his eyes on the two of us.
I got to my feet as Carter walked up to me, his eyes on Joshua.
"I'm going to steal my girlfriend from you, hope that's okay." He said taking my hand.
Joshua shrugged with a smile.
"We were just talking," his eyes fell on me.
"Maybe later we can finish that talk." He said.
Biting my lip I nodded.
"Yeah sure, that sounds fine." I looked to my boyfriend who looked hesitant before he walked away with me.
----
We made it to his room and suddenly I felt shy.
"Carter, were you needing me for something?" I asked him.
Carter sat us on the bed.
"I need you for a lot of things." He smiled softly.
I bit my lip before feeling his lips on mine.
His fingers lacing with mine, before laying us both back.

I closed my eyes feeling his lips on my neck, carefully sucking before looking at me.
"I won't move forward until you give the say so." He told me.
I smiled softly.
"You can move forward." I said now.
His eyes lit up as he nodded.

He pulled his shirt over his head, before helping me with mine.
I lied there in just my jeans and bra.
His eyes taking me in as I began to squirm.
"Don't stare, Carter." I smirked.
He smirked back.
"I'm just admiring how beautiful you are, how lucky I am." He confessed kissing me.
Blushing now, I looked at him.
"I love you, Carter." I said.
He smiled lovingly at me.
"And I love you, Lexi Grimes." He said.

He unlatched my bra, removing it before his lips pressed to my breasts.
His free hand squeezing one gently.
My face burned.
"Lexi, I want to mark you." He breathed against my neck.
I looked at him with burning eyes.
"Okay.." I agreed, feeling nervous knowing I was fixing to be in pain.
He licked his lips, pressing them to mine.

I listened to the sound of his jeans unfastening before he pulled them down, and the next thing I felt was mine being removed as well.
I flinched feeling his hands on my legs, he brought his lips to my thigh.
Kissing it as his eyes met with mine.
"Close your eyes." He told me.
I nodded.

I closed my eyes, before I felt the burning and stinging feeling of his teeth entering my leg.
I tried not to scream, but it hurt.
It really fucking hurt.
My entire body ached feeling his teeth sinking in deeper.
Before I felt his lips on mine.
"You're mine." He breathed against my lips.

I looked at him smiling softly.
"I'd like to do it now." I told him.
He smirked softly with a nod.
Slowly pulling my panties down.
I lied there completely exposed to him.
He took me in before removing his boxers.

And in seconds, he was inside of me.
I dug my nails in his back, feeling him moving as he kissed my neck then lips.
"You're so beautiful." He told me thrusting.
I looked at him with teary eyes.
"I love you." I told him.
He smiled.
"I love you too." He said back.
----
**Devin's Pov.**

"We're heading out to see if we can find any track of Deidre." I informed both Irina and Luther.
She frowned.
"Very well, once you've returned. Please check on Monty." She told me.
I frowned but nodded.
"We shouldn't be long." I reassured them before heading out of the room.

I could hear the loud music playing upstairs in the attic.
My body immediately pulsing at the feeling of Nathan's skin against mine.
Shaking my head.
I headed downstairs.
No matter how much I wanted to head upstairs, and be ravished all over again.
I wanted not strings attached.
And that was what we both agreed on.
We weren't after a relationship.

I walked downstairs to the main hall where the others were.
Kane, Alaric and Claudia waited for me as I frowned.
"Are we all set?" I asked them.
Claudia frowned.
"As far as equipment goes, we have our stakes and matches. Once we find her and kill her, her body will be burned. We'll finish this once and for all." She said.
I nodded not arguing.

Walking outside, the moon shinned down on all of us.
It wasn't that I was nervous, but I did have a bad feeling about this.
Something didn't feel right.

All of our eyes were black as we looked around.
"I smell something." Kane stated as he looked around.
I glanced to him.
"What is it? Deidre?" I asked.
Alaric shook his head.
"No, its- Devin watch out!" He shouted.

I couldn't even think.
I was being pinned to the tree, a cold hand squeezing tightly on my throat.
All I was met with were cold black eyes.

"Is this one of them, Sun?" He asked in a harsh voice.
I looked around until I spotted a male with yellow hair.
He walked out of the shadows, looking at a piece of paper.
"No, there was no Devin on this list of hers. You grabbed the wrong guy." He hissed bitterly.
The black haired vampire squeezed tighter.

Before he looked to the trio away from us, all with wide eyes.
"Let him go!" Alaric demanded.
The brown haired vampire glanced to them.
"Sun, are any of them the names on Mistress Deidre's list?" He asked now.
My blood ran cold.
Deidre?
These were her children, no doubt.

Sun sighed.
"I hate having to read people, its invasion of privacy." He closed his eyes then opened them to reveal a bright red color.
"Kane English, Alaric Briggs and Claudia Kelly are all present, Abel." He told him now.

The one holding me against the tree, smirked deviously.
"Is that so? They're each on her to kill list." He stated now.

I watched Claudia back up.
And before any of us could react.

Abel was letting me go and moving faster than the rest of us could.
He was forcing Claudia to the ground, and without hesitation he was ripping a stake out and forcing it into her heart.

I stood there, sick and afraid.
Claudia screamed in pain, before any of us knew it.
She was no longer alive.
Her skin was gray and her vein's were already poking out.
She lied there with wide eyes, full of nothing.
She was dead.

Abel ripped back before his eyes fell on the other two.
Both Kane and Alaric looked to each other.
Before Alaric's eyes fell on me.
We didn't know this would happen.
No one knew she would be creating an army of vampires.
To take any of us down.
But why these three?
Was it because they had been apart of her family before..
No.
That wasn't it.

They had a hit list for a whole other purpose.
But the question that kept hitting me.
Was why?

"We have to tell Irina and Luther." Kane hissed, his eyes fell on me.
"Their target isn't you Devin, so you have to run." He demanded.
My eyes fell on the others.
I wanted to run.
I wanted to the moment they killed Claudia.
But my legs were like jelly.
I was frozen with actual fear.

"Devin!" I heard Alaric yell.
Flinching.
I looked to him terrified.
Alaric's eyes met mine.
"You have to run and tell the others, we can handle them." He told me wanting to sound reassuring.
But it wasn't hitting me.
I couldn't even find my voice.

"You can handle us?" Abel smirked, his eyes flickering.
"Brave words for someone who is fixing to join his friend." He stated.
His eyes fell on the one known as Sun.
"What is the percentage of killing them both in thirty seconds?" He asked.
Sun's face scrunched up.
"The probability of finishing them both off in the span of thirty seconds, is remotely impossible Abel. Think with your brain if you will." He stated.

Abel rolled his eyes.
"Then how about one in just twenty seconds?" He asked him.
Sun thought for a moment, before his green eyes fell back on Abel.
"Approximately eighty nine percent, they're both on guard now Abel. So they will possibly fight, before you can get an actual hit on them." He told him.

"Devin, run!" Alaric commanded now.
Flinching I ran, my body burning as I left the two behind.
My eyes burning.
Fuck, fuck, FUCK.

Alaric and Kane both stood there, their eyes locked on the two in front of them.
Kane looked to Alaric.
"I'm a bit rusty, but I can handle these two if you want to run. I know how much you care about him." He smirked.
Alaric frowned.
"I wouldn't be a man if I just abandoned you, Kane." He smirked now.
"What would your wife Emily, think?" He questioned.
Kane sighed.
"She'd curse me for being a reckless idiot." He looked at the two.

"What do you gain out of killing us?" He asked them now.
Sun blinked.
"We gain the praise from Mistress Deidre, that is all we desire." He confirmed.
Kane's eye twitched.
"You're her puppets! We have others that were once under her control, but they broke free of it! You can too." He growled.

Abel grinned deviously.
"Why would we want to do something as stupid as that?" He questioned.
Alaric stepped back as Abel leaped forward.
Tackling Kane to the ground.
Kane shoved his hands against the others shoulders, growling.
"Fuck you weigh a shit ton." He groaned.

Abel laughed.
"Its called muscle you dumb and sorry fuck, you're all just sticks to me." He said going to shove the stake down, but Kane caught it.
Falling in cold sweat.
Abel glared at him.
"You can't win against me, you're too weak." He said shoving the stake against Kane's chest, who hissed.

Alaric went to run to shove the other off.
But came to a complete stop.
Everything inside of him stopped.
He choked as he looked down, to find a stake poking out of his chest.
He blinked a few times, before his knees buckled.
Sending him to the ground.

Sun stood above the other with a pitied expression.
"Did you forget, there was two threats in front of you? Not just one." He stated

His last minute of life, he watched Abel swing down harder this time, forcing it in Kane's chest.
Who cried in pain.

Alaric lied there and before he knew it.
He was no longer alive.
----
I ran as fast as I could, my legs and my body burning.
I shouldn't of ran.
I was a coward.
I could of helped!

I came to a stop, my breathing more rasp before I ran back.
My head was spinning and I knew running back would be stupid of me.
I was already told to run back to tell the others.
Claudia was dead.
I would have to tell Solomon.
I wasn't one for breaking the bad news.
I wasn't the one for news period.

I ran back to the spot we had been attacked at.
And nearly collapsed.

Kane. Claudia. Alaric.
They were all..
Dead.

Tears burned my eyes as they lied there, gray with closed eyes.
When the sun comes up, they would burn to ash.
I let out a choking sob.
Falling to my knees in front of Alaric's body.

He lied there, looking peaceful.
But everything inside of me ached.
His laugh.
His smile.
Everything was beginning to fade.

That was one of the saddest things about being a vampire.
Once those you know who die, your memories of them fade soon after.
And you have to pretend it doesn't hurt.
When in reality.
It kills you.

I cried kneeling there, if I hadn't ran.
If maybe I had tried to fight.
Maybe.
Fucking maybe.
I could of helped them.
And they wouldn't be dead.

"FUCK!" I screamed as the bats flew out of the trees.

I couldn't move from that spot.
Everything hurt inside.
I'd have to tell both Solomon and Emily, their mates were dead.
And that I was a coward who couldn't even try to save them.
Or try to fight.
I was worthless.

I knelt there, flinching at the sound of sticks breaking behind me.

"Wow." A voice whistled.
I jumped to my feet, whipping around to find Nathan there.
His hands in his pockets as he looked at the scene behind me.
Before his eyes fell on me.

"Obviously this wasn't your doing." He stated.
I wanted to scream as I stood there, my eyes burning fiercely with tears.
"I couldn't.. do anything." I whispered harshly.
Nathan frowned as he walked up closer.
"Of course not, you're weak compared to the rest of us." He said now.
I went to glare at him, but he took the back of my head.
Shoving me into his chest, as he held me tight.

"But they didn't tell you." He said.
The tears fell as I buried my face in his chest, trembling.
Nathan exhaled sharply.
"I regret having sex with you, Devin." He told me now.
I looked at him with knitted brows.
He looked down at me.
"You're making me weak, causing me to worry about you. Its such a sick thing, because look. I broke out of the house, to make sure you were okay." He frowned at me.
"I hate worrying about others, its an annoying feeling." He told me.

Tears slipped as he brought his thumbs to my eyes, wiping the tears.
"I told you I didn't want strings." He stated.
I couldn't find my voice.
"But I want to protect you, so we're going to have to come to an agreement." He frowned.
"An.. agreement?" I cried.
He smirked.
"I want the ties with you, but. That has to wait." His eyes fell on the bodies.

"We have to tell Irina and Luther." He told me.
Swallowing hard, I nodded.
Flinching at the feeling of his lips on mine.
"Come on, there's nothing you can do for them now." He told me.
I looked over my shoulder.
To Alaric's body.
And everything turned to ice.
----
**Lexi's Pov.**

I woke up to the sound of a loud ringing inside of Carter's room.
I sat up, to him changing his clothes.
Before his eyes fell on me.
"Irina and Luther are calling for a meeting, I have to go downstairs. But you can continue to sleep." He told me.
I shook my head getting out of bed.
"No, I'm up." I told him.

I grabbed my shirt and jeans, pulling and sliding them on.
Before Carter's hand took mine, and we were heading out of the room.

There were a lot of tired expressions as we walked down the stairs.
Even Sage was here, she was at Stella's side who was trying to explain something to her.
But I was focused on what this meeting was about.

When we met down in the main hall.
I was concerned about the expression on Irina's face.
She looked devastated with Devin at her side.
Luther next to the one known as Nathan, but he stood behind the rest.

"What is going on, Mistress Irina?" Sterling questioned her.
All eyes on her as she inhaled sharply.

"Devin darling, can you tell them what you told me?" She asked him.
Devin bit his lip as he looked hesitant.

"Will Solomon and Emily both step up please." He requested.
I looked to the blonde haired, brown eyed female who stepped up.
Then the auburn haired, blue eyed male stepped up next.

Emily made a face of confusion.
"What's going on Devin? Mistress Irina said it was important, this couldn't of waited?" She asked.
Solomon frowned at him.
"Where is Claudia, Kane and Alaric? They were on your team." He said now.
I frowned as fear appeared in Emily's eyes.
"Where is Kane?" She demanded now.

Devin frowned.
"W-We were am-"
"They were ambushed." Nathan stepped up now, frowning at everyone in the room.
Devin looked to him with knitted brows.
Irina and Luther looked alarmed that the other would even speak up, that wasn't for himself.
Why would he?

Solomon stepped up now, glaring.
"Ambushed? By who? Where is my wife?!" He demanded now glaring at Devin, who flinched.
Devin swallowed.
"I-"

"Allow me, Devin." Sterling came up to them now, he placed his hand on the others shoulder closing his eyes.
"Deidre has created an army, she has a hit list." Sterling slowed his talking down as he dug into the past of Devin's, what the other had saw.
His hand dropped from Devin's shoulder as his eyes met with Solomon's and Emily's.

"Alaric, Kane and Claudia have each fallen. I am so sorry." He said now.
Tears fell down Emily's cheeks.
"You're lying to me." She accused.
Sterling looked to Devin who looked like a frightened child on a stage.
Emily glared at Devin.
"You're lying, Devin!" She screamed.
"Kane is still alive, he's stronger than you think! You have to take me to him now damn it!" She demanded.

"Emily." Irina tried to speak, but she was caught up in her own emotions.
Emily's brows furrowed.
"Why didn't they kill you?!" She screamed at Devin who flinched.
"That's enough." Nathan hissed now.
Emily scoffed.
"You really are in no place to tell me, when its enough. You damn psychopath." She spat bitterly.
Her eyes locking with Devin's.
"Why didn't they kill you? Why the fuck did they kill Kane, Claudia and Alaric? Why aren't you hurting that the man who fucking loved you, is dead? YOU HEARTLESS BITCH!" She screamed at him, falling to her knees as she wailed crying.

I looked to Carter who looked speechless.
That was the question I was sure everyone was wanting to ask.
Why hadn't they killed Devin?
Sterling mentioned a hit list..
My eyes widened and some how I managed to let go of Carter's hand, then stepped up.

"You mentioned a hit list, do you know who was on the list. Devin?" I asked him, all eyes on me.
Devin looked at me frowning.

"No. They didn't tell us the names they were after, they attacked me f-first.. but then found out, I wasn't on her hit list.. I'm so sorry, Emily. Solomon-"
"Shut the fuck up." Solomon glared at him.
"You don't get to be sorry Devin, you were out there too. And whether or not you were on this fucking list, you still could of done something! Now they're dead, but here you are. Alive and well." He spat bitterly.
"My mate is fucking dead." He said storming off.

Devin stood there trembling.
"I-"
"Just shut up!" Emily screamed at him.
"Don't talk, Devin you pathetic-"
The only sound anyone heard.
Was the sound of Stella slapping Emily.

The black haired vampire glared harshly at the other.
"I understand you're hurting, but don't take it out on Devin." She said bitterly.
Emily stood there glaring at her.
"He's alive." She hissed.
Stella glared.
"Because he wasn't on the hit list, Emily! There was nothing he could do, if he had stepped in. He too, would of been dead." She hissed.

Solomon had stopped at the archway, turning back to everyone.
His eyes on Stella.

Stella took Emily by the shoulders.
"I am sorry that Kane is dead." She said as tears fell down the others cheeks.
"But taking it out on Devin, will not bring him back." Stella looked at her, with her own eyes burning.
"I need you to be strong, just like we need Solomon to be strong. If those bastards have a hit list, they'll be coming back, so you have to be on your guard for me. Okay?" She looked into the others eyes, waiting for a response.
Emily bit her lip but nodded, tears falling.

She looked to Devin before leaving Stella's side, walking up to the other.
"I'm sorry." She cried hugging the blond now, who didn't hesitate to hug back.

I looked to Carter.
"I'm going to check on Monty." I told him.
He nodded, kissing me.
"I'll go and be there for Solomon, hell knows he needs it right now." He told me.
I nodded leaving the others side.
----
I walked down the stairs to the basement.
I frowned seeing both Jace and Joshua down there, talking to each other.
Monty sat in the corner but listened to them.

Joshua looked up at me.
"That was longer than I thought, ready to continue that conversation-"
"I'm sorry but. Claudia, Alaric and Kane are all dead." I blurted out with hurt in my eyes.

Jace looked to me, getting to his feet.
"How?" He demanded.
Joshua held the other back.
Even Monty had slowly got to his feet, walking up to the cell to look at me.
I frowned deeply.

"They were ambushed tonight, looking for Deidre.. she has a hit list." I told them.
Jace's eyes grew wide.
"She's coming for us." He said, his eyes falling on Monty.
Joshua growled.
"Who else was with them?" He asked me.
I frowned.
"Devin was but he's all shaken up over tonight." I said.

Joshua and Jace both glared.
"Tough." They spat storming past me heading upstairs.

Monty held the cell bars as his eyes fell on me.
"Am I going to die?" He asked.
Fear penetrated me as I walked up to him, lacing his fingers with mine.
"No, your mates are going to keep you safe Monty. Deidre won't touch you, no one else will die." I tried to reassure the other.
But tears burned my eyes.
I was terrified.
She had an army, who were more than prepared to kill.
And she's already killed three vampires.

Monty squeezed my hand.
"Lexi, I'm scared." He confessed.
I tried to smile.
"Don't be, you're actually safe inside of this cell. Despite it being isolated, no one can get you in here." I told him.
He frowned deeply.
"I was finally getting better too, and now my families dying." He cried his free hand squeezing the bar as his knuckles turned white.
"I want to help keep them safe, what good am I to anyone if I can't even do that?" He asked me.

I looked at him.
"You're still in the transitioning process, there's no telling what would happen if you were let out right now." I told him.
He frowned softly.
"So I'm supposed to just rot until they deem it out to let me out?" He asked.
"You killed Gabriel!" I cried.
"It wasn't me!" Monty yelled through knitted brows.

I froze as he frowned.
"I wasn't in control.. that thing that was provoking him, that was taunting Bryce. That wasn't me, the only time it was. Was when I saw you." He looked at me as tears burned my eyes.
"We have a monster inside all of us, and mine was out that day because of a miscalculation... I didn't mean to kill Gabriel, you know that wasn't me. Lex." He cried.

I squeezed his hand.
"I believe you." I frowned at him.
He looked at me.
"Then let me out." He told me.
I shook my head.
"No." I looked at him.
Monty frowned.
"But Lexi-"

"Monty no, I'm sorry. It has nothing to do with Gabriel, but if Deidre has others out there coming and looking for certain vampires. I can't risk them killing you too," I looked at him with tearful eyes.
Without thinking, I pressed my lips to his as he stood there with wide eyes.
Tears fell.
"I love you Monty, but you're safer here." I told him running out of the basement.
"Lexi!" Monty called after me, but I continued to run.
Tears streaming down my cheeks.

I ran back into the main room.
I looked around until my eyes fell on Sage.
She was looking for Stella before her eyes fell on me, then she was coming over.

"How's Monty?" She asked with crossed arms.
I looked at her.
"Desperate to get out of the cell." I frowned at her.
"Where did Stella go?" I asked.
She frowned.
"She went to be with Emily, I was fixing to check on Sterling. He seemed upset about Kane." She said.
I frowned softly.
"Everyone seems to be upset." I murmured leaning against the wall.

Sage frowned.
"If she has a hit list, I wonder who else is on it.. who we should be worried about." She bit her lip.
I shrugged.
"For now, it seems like she's only after vampires.. but it doesn't give us less reason to worry, Jace and Joshua both seemed bothered. But what's been eating me, is why they didn't just kill Devin since he was with them? Why did they let him go?" I questioned.
She looked to me.
"Possible a messenger? To let everyone here know, that she took the first swing.." She murmured.

I frowned feeling sick to my stomach, but shrugged it off.
It was nerves.
Not to mention the stress and fear I was feeling, wasn't helping.
----
**Unknown Pov.**

"I guess Abel and Sun's mission was a success, now its our turn." A girl with wavy brown hair and black eyes skipped next to a guy with black hair and black eyes.
He frowned at her.
"Pixie, act as if you're in front of Mistress Deidre. Do not behave as a child would." He scolded her.
Pixie rolled her eyes.
"It wouldn't kill you to take that stick out of your ass for once, Desmond." She stated now.
He stopped and glared at her.
"What was that?" He growled.

Pixie grinned.
"Nothing, nothing. Calm down, we have two humans in specific we're after tonight. I hope they're yummy!" She licked her lips.
Desmond frowned.
"You hope anything is yummy, its honestly disgusting." He said bitterly.
Pixie shrugged as they walked into a coffee shop.
"Its not my fault that most human's look tasty, even vampires look tasty. But Mistress Deidre forbids us from drinking from each other." She giggled child like.

Desmond rubbed his temples.
"I honestly wish she would of sent Nicolai with me, at least then I can punch him if he annoys me." He spat.
Pixie pouted.
"You can hit me if you want." She grinned.
Desmond glared.
"I'd rather kill you, Pixie. You're annoying the fuck out of me, so shut up." He growled.

Pixie sighed.
"You're no fun." She got up from the table.
"Where are you going now?" Desmond questioned.
Pixie turned to him.
"I'm going to the ladies room, do you mind?" She looked at him with an arched brow.
Desmond rolled his eyes.
"Whatever." He grumbled.

Pixie smirked walking off into the ladies room.
She stood in front of the mirror, brushing her fingers through her hair.

"Oh my gosh, your shirt is so cute!" A girl exclaimed.
Pixie blinked, flicking her eyes to blue as she smiled at the red haired, blue eyed human.
"Aw thank you, sweetie. I like your jeans." She complimented.
The red head smiled softly.
"They're just hand me downs, but your shirt is so cute. Where'd you get it?" She asked.

Pixie smirked.
"My girlfriend, say. What's your name, cutie?" She questioned.
The red head blushed.
"Ah sorry, I don't swing that way. But the names Claire." She smiled.
Pixie's eyes lit up.
"Claire.. Claire Garner?" She looked at her.
Claire bit her lip but nodded.

Pixie grinned.
"Well, you were easier to find than I thought. How fascinating." She squealed before it vanished, her eyes turned back to black.
Claire went to scream, but was muffled by the others hand.
Pixie pulled her into the handicap stall, pinning her against the wall.
"God you're so cute." She whispered, shoving her hand down Claire's skirt.
Massaging and fingering the other, as she bit into Claire's neck who screamed.
Pixie smirked against the others neck.
Pressing her fingers in deeper.

She sank her fangs deeper in the others neck, Claire trying to shove the other off but was slowly losing.
Pixie made a face.
"This may sound weird, but after you die. Can I still have sex with your body? Its so sexy." She said.
Claire coughed as blood came out of her mouth, tears falling down her cheeks.
"Oh no, don't spill it." Pixie cried, letting Claire's body fall to the ground.

She tugged the others skirt off, listening to the sound of Claire's heartbeat.
Pixie moaned at the smell of the blood, she grinded against the other as she tugged the others panties off going down on the other.
Claire tried to scream but it only came out as a moan.
Pixie smirked digging her tongue into the other.

"You've got me all hot, now. See?" She pulled down her own jeans, revealing herself dripping.
Claire cried shaking her head.
Pixie pouted.
"Well that's not good, you're much cuter without those lips showing." She used her hands to lower herself onto the others face.
Claire screamed but it soon came to quiet whimpers.
Pixie moaned at the feeling of Claire's tongue inside of her.
"Atta girl." She purred using her free hand to massage the other.

"But now," she got off.
"I must call our play time quits." She said biting back into Claire's neck, going further down.
Pixie listened closely to the others heart beat.
Throb, throb..
Throb, throb..
Throb, throb..
Throb.

Tears formed in Pixies eyes now as she looked down at the motionless girl.
"May you rest in peace sweetie, I hope our last moment together was worth it." She said pulling her jeans up.

Pixie walked out as she rejoined Desmond.
"What took you so long?" He demanded.
Pixie dabbed her eyes.
"Little Claire is off the list, she sleeps peacefully on the bathroom floor now." She cried.
Desmond frowned.
"You played with her, didn't you?" He asked.
Pixie licked her lips.
"As I do with any cute girl, and believe me. She was satisfying, but now I'm crushed my girlfriend is dead." She said.

Desmond rolled his eyes as this boy walked into the shop.
Blond hair and brown eyes, that looked higher than the empire state.
Desmond sighed.
"Well my treat just came in." He said.
Pixie looked over her shoulder.
"Gross, he smokes. I guess killing him now will end his suffering for later, when he gets told about the cancer that's been hiding in his back." She stated.

Desmond frowned getting up.
"Yes, and unlike you. I won't have sex with him before I kill him." He told her.
Pixie smirked wickedly.
"Oh come on, its heating season Desmond. He's already high-"
"Pixie, go die." He told her.
Pixie laughed as Desmond walked over to the football player.

Tyler sat at a booth, his eyes staring at the coffee.
Desmond cleared his throat.
"Excuse me, Tyler?" He questioned.
Tyler blinked looking up.
"Um. How do you know me?" He asked him.
Desmond frowned.
"We have a class together." He sat down.
Tyler arched a brow.
"What class?" He tested.

Desmond frowned leaning forward.
"Lets go for a walk, you and I." He told him, his eyes locked with the other.
Tyler blinked.
"Yeah sure, okay." He got up leaving his coffee behind.
Desmond looked to the table where Pixie was.
Giving him a thumbs up.

Desmond rolled his eyes walking the two into an alley, making sure they were completely out of view.
Tyler turned to him.
"So what did you need to talk to me about?" He questioned.
Desmond's brows furrowed.
"How sorry I am that your life ends here." He stated.
And without feeding or warning.

He snapped the others neck.
Dropping the other to the ground.

Desmond stood over his body frowning.
"This wasn't my choice, so I hope you understand." He said leaving Tyler's body there.
Vanishing.
----
**Lexi's Pov.**

I ended up making myself go home for the night.
I had missed my bed, not to mention family.
I could smell spaghetti cooking, along with the tea kettle whistling.

"Mom?" I called walking into the kitchen.
I could hear laughing from inside the family room.
My brows furrowed as I walked into the room.
To find two people in the room with my mom, who I didn't recognize.

One was a girl with brown hair, and hazel eyes.
The other was a boy with black hair, and brown eyes that could be mistaken as black.

My mom looked up at me smiling.
"Oh hey sweetie, how was school?" She asked.
I blinked.
"Mom, its Saturday." I told her.
She looked confused.
"Is it?" She checked her phone.
"Oh my bad!" She laughed getting up.

"Lexi, this is Beatrix Olsen, and her cousin Adrian Malone. They just moved here." She told me.
It was late.
Like.
Real late.
Why would a pair of strangers visit at this hour?
..
Reality snuck in and my blood was cold as ice.

"How long have they been here?" I asked her.
My mom looked at the time.
"For a few hours now, they've been quite the company too. Where have you been, Lexi?" She asked me.
I made a face.
"I've been over at my boyfriends, visiting." I said truthfully.
She smiled as the whistle continued to whistle.

"You know you're cooking spaghetti, right?" I reminded her.
She blinked as if in a trance.
"Oh right, I was. Wasn't I?" She smiled at the two.
"I'll be right back." She told us.

I didn't want to be alone with them.
I didn't even know these two.
Or what they were capable of.
They were vampires.

"She's terrified." Came the one known as Adrian's voice.
The girl known as Beatrix smiled.
"Adorable though, but not to worry." She said in an English accent.
"We're not after you, your mummy just saw us walking around and she thought we were a tad lost. So she offered us her telly phone for us to make a call to our Mistress, funny though. Even though you seem terrified, you smell just like a vampire." She smirked getting up.

"You've been marked, haven't you love?" She questioned.
I stood there, glaring with glistening tears.
"I want you both out of my house." I demanded.
Beatrix smiled.
"Not a problem at all, I am a wee bit thirsty though. Think you could point me to a Jordan or a Maggie? They are on our Mistresses hit list." She smiled.

I took a step back.
"Why would they be on her list? She doesn't know them!" I yelled.
Beatrix smiled.
"That doesn't matter love, if they've associated with a Mr.Monty Reese, then they're to be killed." She shrugged.
I felt my heart stop.
"Monty? What does it matter if they've been around him?" I asked weakly.

Adrian rolled his eyes.
"Beatrix, you're talking to trash. If you keep saying stuff to it, it will just keep asking more and more questions." He said getting off the couch.
"Its annoying." He grumbled locking eyes with me.
"Where are a Jordan Bradley or a Maggie Ray?" He questioned.
I looked at him.
"Either home or grind house." I answered.
Adrian looked at me.
"What are their addresses?" He asked now.
"I don't know." I confessed.
He frowned.

His eyes fell on Beatrix.
"Desmond and Pixie have already killed two, we're next. Mistress Irina wants us to kill those on her list, and then we'll capture the golden ticket." He said.

I stood there trembling.
Beatrix glanced to me as she smirked.
"Don't fret love, we're not going to kill you. Unless our Mistress commands it, or you simply get in our way." She stood face to face with me.
"So I suggest you not do something that would cause her to command it, or where we'd have to kill you. I'd hate for your mum to lose her child, after losing her husband." She smiled.
"Which by the way, are you aware he wasn't your biological father?" She questioned.

I looked at her shocked.
Beatrix gave a pitied smile.
"I guess I shouldn't of said that part, but I did leave the best part out." She brought her lips to my ear as I refused to move.
"You were adopted, sweet little lollipop. These humans are not your family, its tragic." She looked at me.
Tears were burning my eyes.
Beatrix smiled.
"Perhaps I should of remained quiet about the truth, but you look so fragile with emotions. It was hard, oopsies." She smirked.

Adrian looked to her.
"Lets go, Beatrix. You'd played with the humans off the list long enough." He told her.
Beatrix sighed.
"I suppose, what a downer. I was enjoying myself quite a bit there, tell your mummy we couldn't stay, but appreciate the smell of burning food and over cooked tea." She said heading out.

I stood there for a moment and I wasn't sure what even possessed me to move.
But when I did.
It was for all the wrong reasons.
Not to mention.
Stupid.

I ran out of the house.
Without thinking, I grabbed Beatrix's wrist.
"You won't touch them." I hissed.
Adrian paled as Beatrix blinked.
Before she laughed.
"Oh you sweet stupid little thing you, awfully brave of you to tell me what to do. Yeah?" I couldn't even think fast enough before she was biting into my neck.
I let out a sharp scream.

Before she let go fast.
Her eyes wide.
"A child." She looked down at my stomach.
I stood there, feeling light headed.
Without words said.
The two vanished.

My knees buckled as Monty's truck came into view.

"Lexi!" Came Joshua's voice.
He pretty much swerved into the driveway, as Carter jumped out.
His eyes on me as I held my neck, blood oozing through my fingers.

My knees buckled and the last thing I saw.
Was my boyfriend running to me.

Before everything went black.