Chapter One

"Seth!" I hear my mother shout my name. I groan, getting up from my comfortable bed, grab my clothes and quickly head into the bathroom to take a shower.

The hot water is nice, and helps with the amount of nerves I have.
It's so nice that I'm in there for too long.

I hurried out of the shower, throwing on my clothes and walking into the kitchen.
My mother is there, drinking coffee and scrolling through her phone.

"There's my big boy." She says with a huge grin on her face, "How did you sleep?"
"I slept fine." I mumble.
"I made you breakfast. Come eat." She places a plate full of bacon, eggs and pancakes on the table.

I rub my eyes and take a seat.
I quickly stuff the food into my mouth.

"Seth, why are you eating so fast?" My mother scrunches her face in disgust.
"I don't want to be late." I reply.
"You won't be late. Take your time hun." She smiles reassuringly.
"What time is it?" I ask, only receiving a shrug from her.

I sigh and get up from my seat to check the time on the stove.
5 am.

"Really, mom? You woke me up 2 hours early?" I roll my eyes.

I could tell my mother was really nervous about today. It was my first day of high school and she wanted me to do great. She wanted me to be there every day and on time.
But she had nothing to worry about.
Like every year, I always did great.

"I just wanted you to be ready!" She defends, "Walking to the school is going to take some time as well."
"I'm not walking. Roman's going to pick me up at 7:30." I tell her.
"Aww that's great. Roman is such a nice young man." She smiles.

I nod in agreement and sit back down to finish eating.
~~~~~~~~
Before I know it, I hear a car honk outside.

"That must be Roman." I say as I quickly throw my backpack on me.
"Alright, have fun. Not too much fun though." She smiles and gives me a kiss on my cheek.

Once I'm turned away from her, I roll my eyes.
The pressure of having to be perfect for my mom is really getting to me.

"Hey man." Roman greets me with a bro fist. "Ready for high school?"

Roman is my best friend, my only friend. I've known him since I was 5 years old, when he defended me against a couple of bullies. Some people call him my bodyguard because he's so protective over me. He's really buff he's got tattoos all over his arms. He definitely seems intimidating but in reality, he's the opposite. He's kind, caring and he can be very soft sometimes.

"More ready than I'll ever be." I sigh.

As I get into the passenger seat in Roman's car, butterflies dance around in my stomach.
Will high school be like the movies? Will I make more friends? Will people like me?

"Your mom bothering you a lot today?" Roman chuckles, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I turn to look at him but he's staring at something outside.

"Hmm?" I try to see what Roman is looking at.

I see my mother looking at out the window with tears in her eyes.

"Oh my god." My face turns a deep shade of red, "Lets just get out of here before she's full on sobbing."

Roman laughs and pulls out of the driveway.