Chapter Eleven

I asked my teachers if I could wait for Dean outside of the principals office and they thankfully said yes.
I was so worried about him and I didn't want anything bad to happen.

Dean walked out of the office and I ran up to him immediately.

"What happened?" I asked.
"Oh, hey." Dean forces a smile, "Nothing, I just have detention today until 6."
"Really, that's all?" I raised my eyebrow.

I expected Dean to be suspended...or at least have detention for a week or two.

"Yeah, I told them that he was about to rape you. Is that okay?"

It hurt me a bit that Dean would do that without my permission, just to get himself out of trouble.

"Uh...yeah." I say awkwardly.
"Okay cool."
"So, what happened to Randy?" I ask.
"You don't have to worry about him. He won't be back in school for another month." He tells me, making me smile.
"That's going to be a great month." The thought of not having to see Randy everyday for a month makes me happy.
"Yep, sure is." Dean says and walks away.
"Wait, where are you going?" I yell after him.
"To class, where else would I be going?." He yells back, before disappearing down the halls.

I stand still, confused about what just happened.
A bunch of questions pop up into my mind,

Why was he so distant? Was he mad at me? Did he blame me for getting him detention?
~~~~~~~~
"You look so depressed again. Did something else happen that we don't know about?" Sasha asks worriedly.
"No. Dean is just really distant, I was talking to him earlier and he just walked away from me." I explain.
"Cheer up, Seth." Roman pats my back. "He probably just needs some space after everything that just happened."

I shrug sadly.
Roman was right. That's probably it.

"So are you going to be okay going back to your mom's house tonight?" Sasha asks, changing the subject.
"I don't know." I frown.

The last thing I wanted to think about today was my mom.
But I knew I'd have to face her eventually.

"I may not have a leather jacket you can borrow... and my name might not be Dean, but you can come over to my place for the night." Sasha offers with a smile.
"Hey, you aren't going to invite me?" Roman pretends to be offended.
"Fine." Sasha rolls her eyes and tries to cover the smile forming on her face. "So, are you coming Rollins?"
"That depends...are you and Roman going be flirting the whole time?" I say, making Sasha and Roman look at each other.

Now it was my turn to tease them.

"What? When have we ever flirted?" Roman laughs nervously.
"Mmhm, sure." I chuckle.

Roman is a terrible liar.

"I assure you there won't be any flirting, right Roman?" Sasha smiles and turns to Roman.
"Of course." Roman smirks.

I think about Sasha's offer and the options I have.
None, really.
It's either I go with Sasha, stay with my irritating mother or sleep on the street.
But I don't want to go sleep at my mothers house and Dean is in detention for another 2 hours...

"Okay I'll sleep over." I accept, "But first I need to find a way to get my clothes out of that house, I'm not going to be wearing Sasha's clothes to school tomorrow."

Roman and Sasha laugh as they picture me in her clothes.

"What now?" I ask, annoyed by their loud laughing.
"I can't get it out of my mind!" Roman shuts his eyes, "Can you, Sasha?"
"Yeah...wait...nope, I can still picture it." Sasha laughs.

"You two are so immature, honestly." I swat my arm and speed walk away from them, forcing them to chase after me.
~~~~~~~~
At 8:00 Sasha, Roman and I were watching Friends on Netflix, they were already stating to drift off to sleep.
I was wide awake, though. I couldn't help but think about Dean. He was on my mind constantly today.

I felt my phone vibrate and I picked it up.

I expected it to be my mother but it was an unknown number.
I hesitantly open the text message and read it.

Unknown:
Hi Seth.

Seth:
um who is this

Unknown:
It's me, Dean.
Can we meet up and talk?

Seth:
right now??
also how did u get my number

Unknown:
Your friend Sasha gave it to me randomly and yes right now.

Of course she did.
I look up and shook my head at sleepy Sasha, before going back to texting Dean.

Seth:
im actually at sashas house with roman right now

Unknown:
So you can't meet me?
It won't take too long.

Seth:
im afraid not
is it important?

Unknown:
Yeah it kind of is.

Seth:
k ill be there
where u wanna meet

Unknown:
The nearest park.

Seth:
ok im leaving now

I thought it was kind of weird that Dean wanted to meet me at the park at 8pm, but I also wanted to talk to him and get him and the unanswered questions I have off my mind.

I try to get up and leave quietly but I hear Roman stir awake,

"Where are you going at this time of night, mister?" Roman furrows his eyebrows and sits up to look at me properly.

Shit.

"Um...just for a walk." I lie.

Roman pauses before nodding,
"Okay."

I didn't expect Roman to believe me but then again, he clearly doesn't have much experience with lying.
I quickly walk out of the house before he asks more questions.