Chapter Fourteen

Like most of the time, I didn't get to see Dean for the rest of the day.
I'd only see him at English and then he'd disappear with his other friends.

I still didn't get why he hung around them, he was a much better person than them and deserved to have better friends around him like Roman, Sasha and I.

Just as I was thinking, I'm pushed against my locker.

"Your the reason Randy is suspended." A boy snickers at me.

It's one of Randy's little sidekicks.

"What do you want?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Don't give me that attitude, Rollins. You may have got Randy in trouble but you won't get away with it. When he's back, your dead." He warns.

"Oh, is that a threat?"

"Damn right it is." He laughs at me.

"Nice, I'm so scared." I say sarcastically and push the guy off of me.

That just makes him more mad and he slams me against the locker again.

He raises his fist to punch me but is stopped by someone grabbing his hand.

Dean.

"Don't put your hand on him, Drew." I'm scared and I expect Dean to punch him like he did Randy but he doesn't.

I can finally breathe when I see Dean calmly lower the other guys hand from my jaw.

"This isn't over Rollins." He glares at me.

"Yes it is." Dean says seriously as he stares daggers into him.

The guy finally leaves Dean and I alone before shooting me another glare.

"Seth, are you okay?" He asks softly and reaches for my arm.

"I'm fine." I pull away from his touch.

"You need to be more careful Seth."

"What do you mean?" I shoot my head up to look at him.

"I just...people like to hurt you. I don't know why they do, you don't deserve it." He starts, "All I'm saying is that you need to protect yourself in case I'm not there."

"Protect myself? What do you expect me to do, punch him and get my ass in trouble like you almost did?" I snap.

"No, maybe have Roman around you more or—"

"Roman has been around me my whole life, protecting me. I'm 15 years old, I don't need my best-friend to be fucking guarding me because a few jerks want to bother me all the time." I can't control the anger building inside of me.

Dean just sighs and I continue my rant.

"I don't need anyone to protect me, I can protect myself damnit. I love how the guys that keep bothering me are the same guys you call your friends. You say a lot about them and you know they are hurting people like me but you keep hanging with them, why?" I ask.

Dean opens his mouth to answer but nothing comes out.

I scoff.

"For popularity, for your reputation?" I accuse and Dean finally speaks.

"That's not why I still hang with them. Don't just assume that, you know me. I'm not like those people, I could care less what my friends or other people think about me." He looks offended by my accusation. "Except you."

My heart swells and I'm taken aback but I don't let that stop me from continuing,

"Do I really know you though? I feel like I do but maybe I don't. Maybe you're just like them." I know I'll feel guilty for saying this later but it comes out anyway.

Dean stares at me with a mix shock and hurt expressions.

"I can't believe you think I'm like them, that I'd actually hurt you." He whispers.

"I don't know Dean. But there has to be some reason why you still hang out with them. If you're not like them, then give me a good reason why." I ask him again.

Dean doesn't answer me again, making me more pissed off.

"Okay, Dean. See you tomorrow." I say and walk away from him, leaving him standing alone in the hallway.