Chapter Twenty-Six

After they kiss, the girl notices me standing there, so does Dean.

"Seth?" Dean's eyes widen and he steps away from the girl to walk towards me, "I've been worried sick about you, man!"

I just stand there staring at him.
I couldn't believe he was dating someone, and he didn't tell me.

"Are you okay? I haven't heard from you since the party." His eyes are full of concern and he places his arm on my shoulder.

He snaps his fingers in my face when I don't answer him, "Hello...are you okay?"

I open my mouth to speak but the bell interrupts me.

I run to English class and sit at the back of the room, hoping I can avoid Dean for while.

Of course that didn't work, I see Dean sit next to me in the corner of my eye.

"Hey." He says, but I avoid eye contact with him. "Why are you sitting all the way back here?"

"I feel like sitting here." I answer simply.

Dean gives me a weird look and turns around to look at the teacher.

He was acting like nothing happened and it was pissing me off.
I can't believe he didn't tell me he had a girlfriend, I would tell him if I was dating someone.

"So, you weren't going to tell me you had a girlfriend?" I finally say.

"She's not my girlfriend." Dean laughs.

"Really? You were kissing her." I raise my eyebrow at him.

I realize I sound jealous and I hope he doesn't notice.

"Yeah...but it's not a relationship, more of a fling." He awkwardly answers and I nod.

I turn my attention to the books in front of me and I can feel Dean's eyes watching me again, "What now?"

"I was worried about you, why didn't you text me?" He asks, making me look at him.

"I didn't think you'd want me to."

"What? Why would you think that? You're my bestfriend." He tells me.

"You didn't text me either." I shrug, ignoring Dean's questions.

"I...I was waiting for you to text me." Dean looks down and I roll my eyes, I know exactly why he didn't text me.

"Or maybe it's because of what happened last night." I say, making Dean look up at me. "Someone had to bring it up."

"That's not why I didn't text you, I was just confused." Dean sighs.

"Confused about what?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I don't want to talk about this in the middle of class. We can talk after school or something." He says and I nod.

~~~~~~~
After 2 long periods, it's finally lunch.
I walk with Sasha and Roman to the cafeteria.

"So, how'd the conversation with Dean go?" Sasha asks.

"We didn't get to have one, he's talking to me after school." I answer.

"Are you guys dating yet?" Roman whines and Sasha chuckles. "I'm tired of these almost kisses, just hook up already."

"Sasha, did you really tell Roman what happened last night?" I sigh.

"I couldn't help it Seth, I had to tell someone." Sasha says dramatically. "Besides, he's your best friend."

"True." I shrug.

I'm in the middle of a conversation when someone grabs my arm and pulls me into an empty room.