Chapter Twelve

I continue walking until I see a familiar figure, sitting on the bench with his face in his hands.

"You okay?" I ask when I'm close enough for him to hear me.
"Seth?" Dean snaps his head up to look at me, "I didn't think you were coming."
"I told you I would."
"Yeah, but...I just thought you wouldn't show up..." Dean trails off stares at his lap.

I could tell he was hiding something, and it was bothering him.

I take a seat next to Dean on the bench.

"Why wouldn't I show up Dean?" I look at him curiously.

Dean takes a deep breath before speaking again,

"I thought you'd be scared of me or something..." Dean mumbles.

Even though it's pretty quiet with just Dean and I at the park, I can still hardly hear him.

"I'm sorry?" I move closer to him.
"I thought you were scared of me." Dean says more clearly.

Scared of him? Why the hell would I be scared of him?

"What? Why?" I laugh slightly.
"You know...because of what you witnessed earlier." Dean continues, "With me and Randy."

So this whole time he was worried about me being scared of him?
That's why he wasn't talking to me?

Dean frowns, and I realize it's taken me a bit too long to speak.

"I'm not scared of you, Dean." I smile.

Dean looks up at me with hope shining in his beautiful baby blue eyes.
He looked like a little puppy, I could never be scared of him.

"Really?" He smiles a bit.
"Yeah, you saved me. And for that, I'm thankful." I say with an appreciative smile.
"So...you don't think I'm a lunatic or some shit?" Dean asks, making me laugh again.
"No! Never." I shake my head and he smiles. "You're not a lunatic, you're my hero."

Dean chuckles softly and he looks relieved.

"But I do want to ask...how did you know Randy was about to rape me?" I needed to know.

Dean's smile fades away as he remembers what happened earlier,

"I just felt very uneasy. He was eyeing you all day, I knew something was off. When I saw him follow you to the bathroom, I followed my instinct and chased after him." He explains, "I found the door locked and I knew he was doing something to you."

Randy was eyeing me all day? How haven't I noticed? Did Randy like me this whole time?

"So, you knew that Randy had feelings for me this whole time?" That was a stupid question, Dean has only known me for 3 days.
"Of course I didn't know for sure...but it seemed like it, and I was right." Dean answers.

Before I can stop myself, I pull Dean into a tight hug.
He's taken aback but then relaxes into the hug, wrapping his arms around me.

"What was that for?" He smirks as the hug ends.
"I'm sorry...I'm just so thankful for you coming into the bathroom and saving me today, I don't know what would have happened if you didn't stop him." I smile.
"You don't need to keep thanking me." Dean laughs.
"I'm sorry."
"Stop apologizing."
"Sorry." I say and then cover my mouth when I realize I've said it again.

Dean laughs at me,

"You're so cute, baby boy." Dean accidentally blurts and freezes when he realizes what he's said.
"Baby boy?" I repeat, a furious blush on my face.
"I-I meant..." Deans eyes widen as he tries to cover up what he's said, but it's too late.
"It's okay, anything's better than two tones." I smile and Dean does too.
"So, I see you're still wearing my jacket." I feel Dean's eyes rake my body.
"Yeah, I was going to give it back today." I look down and blush, "But you were in detention and I was really cold, is that okay?"
"Seth if you want it, you can have it." Dean insists.
"Really, are you sure?"
"Are you kidding? I've got like a hundred more jackets in my closet." Dean jokes.
"But this ones... really nice." I point out.
"Are you trying to say my other jackets aren't nice too?" Dean gasps dramatically, making me laugh.
"You know what I mean, are you sure you don't want it?" I ask.
"It's yours." He says and my heart swells.

Our eyes meet and we stare at each other smiling, for what seems like the hundredth time since I've met him.
It isn't awkward, it's very comfortable but I never know what to do next.

"I better get going, Roman's going to ask me a bunch of questions when I get back." I stand up, breaking the silence.
"No...don't leave, you can stay at my house again." The desperation in Deans voice would be weird if it was anyone else but him.
"I wish I could, Dean. But I promised Sasha I'd stay at her place and my clothes are there anyway..." I tell him.
"Fine, I'll see you tomorrow..." Dean pouts like a child.
"Baby boy." He adds.

I smile and walk back to Sasha's house.